WTF with the “feel bad for Peterman” posts?

eball

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The same people who think Fredo should be able to kiss a hooker on the lips and felt bad when Joffrey died.  Keep up!

I just don't remember much sympathy for Bania. Costanza had a soft spot for the ovaltine bit. Didn't have to think much. Other than that, he was wildly unpopular.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

I just don't remember much sympathy for Bania. Costanza had a soft spot for the ovaltine bit. Didn't have to think much. Other than that, he was wildly unpopular.

Yes, that would be the joke.  Who felt bad for Fredo?  Who is falling in love with hookers?  The same pathetic saps crying for Peterman.

I like lots of things about him, but he had ample opportunity to show he belonged with the team, and didn't.  The NFL is a business, and teams are not going to keep a  player as an act of charity.  I get that, and I'm OK with it. 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I feel bad for him.  He was handled as poorly as any QB I can remember, and put into some truly untenable situations,  Almost Kobayashi Maru-like.

If he only had the chutzpah of Kirk to cheat the system. 

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Classy post. 

Make a million bucks for falling on your ass lately?

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, eball said:

Seriously people; a 5th freaking round draft pick who got numerous chances to play in meaningful NFL games, and shat himself at every opportunity. Get real and send your sympathy to someone who needs/deserves it!!!!

(oh and by the way he probably earned close to $1M for the effort)

call me a wuss if you like, but I feel bad for any good person who loses his/her job. And in Peterman's case, he is unlikely to be in the career for which he trained the majority of his life. In reverse to your opinion, I dont understand the lack of empathy for a guy who did not wrong as a team mate. 

36 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What began as a simple case of Peterman Interception Sympathy Syndrome, or PISS for short, has morphed into general empathy for the player and human being and its just sickening.  Talk to your doctor about PISS before its too late.

Why do you find it "sickening" ?

Edited by Fan in Chicago

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I feel bad for anyone who loses their life's ambition.    Even the never-were's and never-will-be's here on TSW...

I doubt he realised his life ambition was over today...

I would suggest that it was probably over at halftime of Week 1...

The fact he got a bit more time in other games later in the year was gravy..

The NFL (and life) is a crazy thing. He goes to some other team with an established QB and plays good in practice and he ends up being a career backup, collecting NFL checks for the next ten to fifteen years (ala McCown, Derek Anderson). Or he sits behind a good QB for four years and maybe learns enough, gets fully acclimated to the NFL, and at least gets a shot to compete for a starting job in FA at that point. Maybe by then he's ready to at least be a competent starter in the league and sticks around for a few years. But instead he goes to a team that is almost forced to press him into service too young, too green and now he may never get another chance at his dream of an NFL career.

If you can't feel bad for someone maybe losing their dream, I don't know what to say. And to appear to be angry at him, when all the kid did was come in here and be a good teammate and try his best, seems ludicrous. You can maybe blame the coaches for starting him, but you can't blame the kid himself who was just trying to do his best under the circumstances.

And sure, maybe he just wasn't good enough and wouldn't ever be good enough, guys wash out of the league all the time, but not under a cloud of national ridicule. That does deserve sympathy not more ridicule. He has to deal with being the 5 INTs in a half guy, etc. Let's face it, he did not make the most of his opportunities (which is why he is gone), but he was also put in a difficult position to succeed. So, yeah, I feel bad for the guy.

Good luck Nathan with football and life! Hope you get at least one more chance to prove yourself in the league.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

As a corollary, I wonder how many folks that applies to here on TSW...

He isn’t dying though...His life will go on and compared to a lot of us, he will probably have just as a “successful” life if not more so..

His prior “life ambition” was a very limited  field where only the very few make it as far as he did..

At least he had an opportunity which most of his peers never got..

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I feel bad for anyone who loses their life's ambition.    Even the never-were's and never-will-be's here on TSW...

He realized his football dreams.  He played D1, won some games.  He got drafted.  He landed on an NFL roster.  He even started a few games.  He threw a TD pass and ran one in. 

Nate doesn't define himself as a football player. 

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

We did lol. A lot. I was banging my head against the wall because I see worse on many NFL teams every week. But people pointed to one game in his career as the reason we had to move on. Should we have moved on? Probably. Should we move on for one game and not consider Tyrod's body of work as being by far one of our better recent Quarterbacks (who didn't retire on us *Orton)? Ludicrous. You never heard anybody say that from the saints game to just before week 1 this season?

No you don't.

Tyrod vs the Saints was about as bad of a game as any starting QB can have in the NFL.

He just avoids INTs by not throwing the ball. He also avoids points and yards as well -- that's why we had to move on. TT was the exact same QB in Cleveland and it lasted all of three games. 

That's not exactly a high bar to cross. He was one of our better QBs of the past 20 years -- but not as good as Bledsoe, Fitz, Orton, or Flutie. 

Better than JP, Trent, Brian, EJ, Cardale, Thad, or Jeff. Congratulations on being better than "absolute garbage".