WTF with the “feel bad for Peterman” posts?

eball

4 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Ok but you said we should have moved on...and we did.  Then you say its ludicrous.  Which one is it?  

Dude... It's ludicrous to move on based on one game and cite the Saints game excessively. It's also annoying. That's what I said already.

Not ludicrous to move on based on a body of work.

Ludicrous to EVER say it can't get worse than a career 80 passer rating as an excuse to move on like you can replace it so easily

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I recall someone saying they wanted him to finish the Vikings game rather than Allen just so he could "experience a victory formation".

I don't think he wanted that at all. No one wants to be a Rudy, have a Rudy playing on their team, or coach a Rudy.. except for weirdo fans. NO ONE LIKES SYMPATHY FOR THEIR PLAY. That's just a fictional character in a fictional movie. No one wants to be a damn Rudy lol. 

Wasnt that based on a true story?

Dude... It's ludicrous to move on based on one game and cite the Saints game excessively. It's also annoying. That's what I said already.

I'm pretty sure the coaching staff didnt move on because of one game.  So that didnt happen.  Just because people on a message board say it doesnt mean that's actually what happened.

I recall someone saying they wanted him to finish the Vikings game rather than Allen just so he could "experience a victory formation".

I don't think he wanted that at all. No one wants to be a Rudy, have a Rudy playing on their team, or coach a Rudy.. except for weirdo fans. NO ONE LIKES SYMPATHY FOR THEIR PLAY. That's just a fictional character in a fictional movie. No one wants to be a damn Rudy lol. 

Rudy is a legend at Notre Dame and they made a blockbuster Hollywood movie about his life.. 

Peterman will get no such glory. He’s a LOSER! I wish Rudy was on the Bills. At least he had heart. 

5 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

I'm pretty sure the coaching staff didnt move on because of one game.  So that didnt happen.  Just because people on a message board say it doesnt mean that's actually what happened.

I know. It's annoying to hear knowledgeable fans say it.

7 minutes ago, Skins Malone said:

Wasnt that based on a true story?

I don't care. That coach was a moron if the fictional narrative is true.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 hour ago, JinxedBill1 said:

He's a human being that's why.  He sucks at football but seems like a good kid who just didn't have what it takes to compete.

people can still wish him the best.  I'm glad he was cut tho.

Its just an odd dynamic given the fact that dozens and dozens of guys get cut every year but very few get the white knighting peterman has.

I don’t wish any of them ill but he’s been incredibly compensated for a job he wasn’t good at. I’m fine chalking some of that up as “payment to stay off Twitter and message boards”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I always thought he worked hard and was a good kid. Just not an NFL QB.

I'm glad hes not on the team, because I thought he was a liabilty, but as a fellow human, I hope he lands on his feet and whatever happens next for him is something positive.

He juts got fired in a very public way from his dream job after having very many failures. That would suck if it happened to me. So ya I feel for him.

Glad he isnt one play away anymore

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Its just an odd dynamic given the fact that dozens and dozens of guys get cut every year but very few get the white knighting peterman has.

I don’t wish any of them ill but he’s been incredibly compensated for a job he wasn’t good at. I’m fine chalking some of that up as “payment to stay off Twitter and message boards”

I don't think it has anything to do with white knighting, or at least the way I understand that term, but that he is a polarizing figure that everyone is puzzled with how decent he was in preseason, how woeful he was in season, and how unbelievably long this coaching staff kept him around.  

Im glad he's gone.  Time to move on I guess, I think we can all let out a collective sigh.  

Just now, JinxedBill1 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with white knighting, or at least the way I understand that term, but that he is a polarizing figure that everyone is puzzled with how decent he was in preseason, how woeful he was in season, and how unbelievably long this coaching staff kept him around.  

Im glad he's gone.  Time to move on I guess, I think we can all let out a collective sigh.  

Theres a whole lot of “omg he’s a nice guy how could you say that about him” that you very rarely see. Even more rarely in bad players 

50 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I don't gloat over anyone losing their job, but that's an indication of how I was raised.

You say “gloat,” I say “sighing in relief.” There’s a difference if you aren’t simple-minded. 

Peterman wasn't even a good teammate. That Hail Mary run last week was one of the most gutless plays I've ever seen. He didn't want to risk an INT on his stat sheet even if the reward could have helped the team. It was selfish. Hope this guy doesn't end up on the practice squad and never wears a Bills uni again. 

JAMES 1:2-3

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Theres a whole lot of “omg he’s a nice guy how could you say that about him” that you very rarely see. Even more rarely in bad players 

Just my humble opinion; however, I think there were a number of posters who went beyond criticizing Peterman's abilities on the field, and went to a personal level, particularly ridiculing him for his faith. It's not so much “omg he’s a nice guy how could you say that about him,”  as it is that some of it seems excessive and unnecessary. I think there are a number of posters, myself included, who feel bad and, maybe, a bit protective when we feel things cross the line of decency.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Seriously people; a 5th freaking round draft pick who got numerous chances to play in meaningful NFL games, and shat himself at every opportunity. Get real and send your sympathy to someone who needs/deserves it!!!!

(oh and by the way he probably earned close to $1M for the effort)

People feeling bad for Peterman are the same ones who thought Kenny Bania got a raw deal.  These are the people who got choked up when Fredo got clipped at the end of Godfather II.  These guys are the reason why hookers actually have to state "no kissing on the lips".    Saps, all of them!!

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

People feeling bad for Peterman are the same ones who thought Kenny Bania got a raw deal.  These are the people who got choked up when Fredo got clipped at the end of Godfather II.  These guys are the reason why hookers actually have to state "no kissing on the lips".    Saps, all of them!!

Who thought Bania got a raw deal?