WTF with the “feel bad for Peterman” posts?

eball

Seriously people; a 5th freaking round draft pick who got numerous chances to play in meaningful NFL games, and shat himself at every opportunity. Get real and send your sympathy to someone who needs/deserves it!!!!

(oh and by the way he probably earned close to $1M for the effort)

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, eball said:

Seriously people; a 5th freaking round draft pick who got numerous chances to play in meaningful NFL games, and shat himself at every opportunity. Get real and send your sympathy to someone who needs/deserves it!!!!

He could use a lift.   So why not wish him well in his next endeavors? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

People feel bad for Peterman because he lost his job/dream and what did he do wrong he didn't hurt people he didn't steal or commit any sort of crime, all he did was play bad football. I might be glad he isn't on the team anymore, but that doesn't mean I don't feel bad for the guy.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, eball said:

Are you really this angry at the guy or is this just projecting because Duke looks unbeatable this year?

• Haha (+1) 1

I feel bad for him because he actually looked good in preseason so there's added confusion to the whole "he's terrible narrative".  It will probably fill him with a lifelong regret.  If he just came out and was atrocious in practice, preseason, and got cut I think it would be more of a "I guess I didn't have what it takes" thing.

This guy got to taste being named the starter of an NFL team to begin the season, only to get yanked at half time.  He has other infamous follies, but that's actually the one I'm most impressed with.  He clearly possessed the NFL-readiness that helped him get starts in the NFL.  It's the constant squandering that will eat at him forever.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside said:

One thing Peterman did, he brought out the ****heads in TBD. I never understood the hatred against him. It's just a game. There are a few posters I would never want to meet, just because of the vile hatred they displayed against someone they don't even know! 

Throwing 5 picks in one half kinda does that.

But... I liked him.  Always hoping he'd redeem himself.