Bills Release Peterman

Steptide

15 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Did you feel similar emotions about kerley getting cut? Or what is it about NP2 that gets this kind of fawning?

Kerley wasn't ridiculed all over the media/social media like Nate has been.  That was the point of the post. People and media with no class who somehow feel they or others benefit from publicly piling on and who have no business declaring that someone "sucks" or that someone's career is over.  Media are often wrong about a lot of things yet their performance is rarely scored. 

To answer your question, yes I feel respect for any person that pour themselves into something tough to achieve and falls short or has a setback after giving it their best. 

Matt Barkley was sent packing from Chicago after throwing 14 picks in 6 starts.  Like Nate he probably wasn't ready for that role but did his best and has continued to work on his game. 

5 hours ago, prissythecat said:

This post is bizarre on so many levels. Do you have posters of Nate all over your room?

No and that post right there says a lot about you. 

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Kerley wasn't ridiculed all over the media/social media like Nate has been.  That was the point of the post. People and media with no class who somehow feel they or others benefit from publicly piling on and who have no business declaring that someone "sucks" or that someone's career is over.  Media are often wrong about a lot of things yet their performance is rarely scored. 

To answer your question, yes I feel respect for any person that pour themselves into something tough to achieve and falls short or has a setback after giving it their best. 

Matt Barkley was sent packing from Chicago after throwing 14 picks in 6 starts.  Like Nate he probably wasn't ready for that role but did his best and has continued to work on his game. 

No and that post right there says a lot about you. 

Am not sure if you work in real life .  But when people are awful at what they do , they don’t usually hang around.  Who gives a crap about whether or not they did their best .  Imagine being a patient and having a doctor or nurse who try like Nate .

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Success in career is usually measure by money.  You made more than Nate?

Is it measured by money? Not by me it isn't. It is measured by acheivement. 

Look I was being slightly facetious but I have a pretty succesful career, I provide policy advice to the most senior members of the UK Government and if I did it as badly as Nate has played Quarterback in the NFL I'd have been removed from my position years ago. 

5 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Am not sure if you work in real life .  But when people are awful at what they do , they don’t usually hang around.  Who gives a crap about whether or not they did their best .  Imagine being a patient and having a doctor or nurse who try like Nate .

Exactly. 

6 hours ago, joesixpack said:

If you can’t understand why he’s being personally mocked beyond his football failures, that’s on you.

....and repulsive crap to say the least.......the safe haven confines of a keyboard under one's desk does lead to enhanced testosterone levels for expert bloviating....but in some cases around here, it is an estrogen rush....SMH.........

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and repulsive crap to say the least.......the safe haven confines of a keyboard under one's desk does lead to enhanced testosterone levels for expert bloviating....but in some cases around here, it is an estrogen rush....SMH.........

Why is Kelvin Benjamin ridiculed and mocked by Bills' fans?   Because he's a lazy player who doesn't come through for his team. His character is questioned far more than Peterman's ever was and rightfully so. The Peterman pity party is pathetic. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Why is Kelvin Benjamin ridiculed and mocked by Bills' fans?   Because he's a lazy player who doesn't come through for his team. His character is questioned far more than Peterman's ever was and rightfully so. The Peterman pity party is pathetic. 

...apples and oranges and you know damn well......comparing work ethic and effort, who wins out?.....Peterman......kid has the same qualities as Tyrod Taylor did IMO..unfortunately, neither have been able to land a long term NFL QB spot, fulfilling their dreams....perhaps someday.......why should or does religious beliefs matter as far as "between the white stripes"?....same ridicule Tebow faced.......talking strictly effort and team, Benjabum is beyond woeful.....and to make matters even worse, Benjabum is in a contract year which usually wakes those previously dormant, yet he's still sleeping effort wise......

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...apples and oranges and you know damn well......comparing work ethic and effort, who wins out?.....Peterman......kid has the same qualities as Tyrod Taylor did IMO..unfortunately, neither have been able to land a long term NFL QB spot, fulfilling their dreams....perhaps someday.......why should or does religious beliefs matter as far as "between the white stripes"?....same ridicule Tebow faced.......talking strictly effort and team, Benjabum is beyond woeful.....and to make matters even worse, Benjabum is in a contract year which usually wakes those previously dormant, yet he's still sleeping effort wise......

Exactly my point as no one attacked Peterman for his charcter or beliefs.  He simply sucks as an NFL QB at an historically bad level and that drew attention from the media with failed after failed appearance.  Tebow was FN awful too and didn't deserve all of the hype his rabid following brought.  Trying to assign Peterman's ridicule to anything other than his terrible QB play is pure BS.  If it's not then cite examples to the contrary. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Exactly my point as no one attacked Peterman for his charcter or beliefs.  He simply sucks as an NFL QB at an historically bad level and that drew attention from the media with failed after failed appearance.  Tebow was FN awful too and didn't deserve all of the hype his rabid following brought.  Trying to assign Peterman's ridicule to anything other than his terrible QB play is pure BS.  If it's not then cite examples to the contrary. 

...trying to deny the religious ridicule of both Peterman and Tebow is BIGGER BS.....and you sure as hell know that......ridicule of their football prowess or lack thereof is fair game in the critical world....interjecting religious beliefs into the equation has no basis nor merit....keep it to FOOTBALL period.....you know better.........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...trying to deny the religious ridicule of both Peterman and Tebow is BIGGER BS.....and you sure as hell know that......ridicule of their football prowess or lack thereof is fair game in the critical world....interjecting religious beliefs into the equation has no basis nor merit....keep it to FOOTBALL period.....you know better.........

Is anyone ridiculing Russell Wilson because he puts his faith out front like many other athletes do?  Nope!  Tin Foil Hattery.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Is anyone ridiculing Russell Wilson because he puts his faith out front like many other athletes do?  Nope!  Tin Foil Hattery.

...EXACTLY....so why Peterman or Tebow?.....Russell is a successful NFL QB so far......Tebow and Peterman have not been.....almost seems to mean if you are successful, religion/faith is a non-issue whereas if you are not successful, it can be a point of ridicule......logical or fair?....to me, a player's faith is his own business and off the table when analyzing his NFL skill set........what do you think?....

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...EXACTLY....so why Peterman or Tebow?.....Russell is a successful NFL QB so far......Tebow and Peterman have not been.....almost seems to mean if you are successful, religion/faith is a non-issue whereas if you are not successful, it can be a point of ridicule......logical or fair?....to me, a player's faith is his own business and off the table when analyzing his NFL skill set........what do you think?....

Because they sucked as QBs.

In sports if you are terrible or do something dumb either on or off the field, the ridicule comes.  It's part of the deal.  Just the accolades come with great performances. 

Ask Hue Jackson.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Is Hue Jackson ever attacked for who he is outside of what he does? I’m not a peterman fan, think he stinks as a player, but I REFUSE to mock him for who he is.

Cite examples of Peterman being mocked for who he is other than being a lousy QB at the NFL level. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, joesixpack said:

Is Hue Jackson ever attacked for who he is outside of what he does? I’m not a peterman fan, think he stinks as a player, but I REFUSE to mock him for who he is.

...his beliefs have NO bearing and the same goes for Tebow....good call..............

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Cite examples of Peetrman being mocked for who he is other than being a lousy QB at the NFL level. 

......why not check out the numerous religious inferences/attacks on TBD or have you been hibernating?...good Lord, why dilute your credibility by ignoring the obvious?.....unless you so choose....SMH.............

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...his beliefs have NO bearing and the same goes for Tebow....good call..............

......why not check out the numerous religious inferences/attacks on TBD or have you been hibernating?...good Lord, why dilute your credibility by ignoring the obvious?.....unless you so choose....SMH.............

A few may have done that but his crap play as a QB is what he's been ridiculed for. You're trying to act as if his beliefs are the primary reason why and it's total hogwash. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

46 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Who is it that has this religious bias against him? 

The closest I’ve seen is the occasional wonder out loud if our coach might’ve let personally liking him effect his professional evaluation. Otherwise I’d say he gets about 12 posts/article saying he’s the best human ever for each item assailing his character.

he does get some jokes for being historically awful on the stat line. Not unusual though. He was our “butt fumble” guy