Bills Release Peterman

Steptide

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

Few QB's have been thrown into a crappier position, and few have been as respectful and classy through it all.

From being thrown to the wolves in their first game starting, to being made the scapegoat and getting yanked half way through the first game of the season, it's clear the coaching staff did him no favors. And for someone to have their lifelong dream turn into a national joke, it's an unfortunate thing to experience. Being witness to it is one thing, but actually living it must be excruciating. Not saying he never had opportunities, only those opportunities were marred by issues outside of his control.

And to see fans celebrate your career's end must be exceptionally difficult after all the effort & work spent to get to this point, and after truly embracing the city when you arrived here. To think last April he was probably elated to even be selected to play in the NFL, and think at worst he'd have to sit a few years & work his way up by default of being a 5th round pick. Now, a year and a half later, here he is likely done forever...partly due to his own performance, and very much to do with the misfortune of being drafted by the Bills. 

That 5th round pick also happened to be a result of a trade with the Cowboys. I'd imagine if Peterman was selected by the Cowboys, his career would've gone much, much differently.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to Peterman for giving his all and embracing the city, and I'm sorry for the way fans treated you and the way your career ended. Best of wishes.

Huh....  Again my thread......  Tough luck that the coaching staff were so out of touch in thinking he was ready and providing a terrible offense to play with....

19 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

10 weeks too late in my opinion. Its why I question their ability to evaluate QB'S. 

If you are making the arguement that he never should have been on the team......I guess there is validity to that

but

Once they got into the season and players started getting hurt......it really tied the bills hands as they need a starter AND not have Logan Thomas playing QB which would have been a total disaster

its done now.....I dont think he should have been brought back after the 5 interception game and relied on.......Beane has admitted he made a mistake in this area.  At least they did draft their QB of the future and addressed the backup spot even if we do sit halfway through the season.

I couldn't care less what this guy does, I don't get it. There are people here expressing concern, and well wishes, etc, but they likely have never even followed up on Kevin Everett to see how he is doing.

Peterman will be fine, I'm sure he is likely an ok guy. No doubt there will be feel good stories about this guy for years to come.

He ***** ing sucked!!!

52 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Wonder if NP can be successful in the CFL?

No. No, he won't. He is one of many many Qb's through the years (some of them undoubtedly even nicer people!) that isn't good enough to play professionally.

No big deal. It's over. 

I'm trying to get some kind of solid information or reason why this guy is revered?

Did he run into a burning schoolhouse?

Donate a kidney to a dying man?

What is so special and "nice" about this guy?

Edited by OJ Tom

2 hours ago, Needle said:

Peterman had a very embarrassing career in Buffalo. He was the butt of jokes across many national media outlets. A small classless group of his own "fans" tried to put together funding for a billboard that called for his firing. It doesn't make alot of sense to compare him to the releasing of Torrell Troupe.

I also see alot of posters and fans express sympathy/good luck to most players who get traded or cut. 

I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with sympathy towards another person. Then again your chosen screen name says alot, as does the dozen or so replies in this thread. I guess you could be trolling, which is a pathetic way to get your kicks or you are a nitwit. Either way thanks for the insight.

I don't have an issue with sympathy.

I do with shaming as you are now. It's hypocrisy. Screenname is my silly shot at McDermott. And calling out screenname, talk about nitwit it means nothing.

If you can't see the comparison to Troupe then you truly don't understand my point. Best of luck to Peterman. Never wished ill after the Bills for any player. Where did I say I hope he become a janitor?

Hypocrisy. I never shamed people for appreciating EJ's release because it's about the team, not EJ. I love Tyrod but I kept my trap shut when we gleefully cheered him hitting the bench. Because I get that is what people are going to do. They want to be right. Not have Tyrod homeless. Compartmentalize these things before calling me a troll and nitwit.

16 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

I couldn't care less what this guy does, I don't get it. There are people here expressing concern, and well wishes, etc, but they likely have never even followed up on Kevin Everett to see how he is doing.

Peterman will be fine, I'm sure he is likely an ok guy. No doubt there will be feel good stories about this guy for years to come.

He ***** ing sucked!!!

No. No, he won't. He is one of many many Qb's through the years (some of them undoubtedly even nicer people!) that isn't good enough to play professionally.

No big deal. It's over. 

I'm trying to get some kind of solid information or reason why this guy is revered?

Did he run into a burning schoolhouse?

Donate a kidney to a dying man?

What is so special and "nice" about this guy?

He's a man of faith is all you need to know...... 

Yes still on that kick. 

26 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He's a man of faith is all you need to know...... 

Yes still on that kick. 

There are lots of Christians that have come and gone without this kind of reverence. 

And since when is being Christian proof of being a "good" person? Plenty of creeps have been avowed Christians.

I had barely paid attention to Peterman when he joined the team, but then he was suddenly the starter, and I see all this coddling of a guy who just sucks.

Now I know why so many people jokingly proclaim themselves "satanists".

Is "The Faith" so desperate, that they have to coddle anyone that proclaims their allegiance. It's weak. You can't just accept that a guy might really suck?

And now I see how McDermott might have a distorted view of players. I had never really believed that was the case, but you've kinda brought it out in the open for me.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Our team?

Yea. We drafted Peterman as a primary backup and thus put him into a position for playing time, unnecessarily 

Whoever drafted him should’ve stashed him on the practice squad and never let him See game time for a year or 2

He was a 5th round pick we handed the backup job too

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea. We drafted Peterman as a primary backup and thus put him into a position for playing time, unnecessarily 

Whoever drafted him should’ve stashed him on the practice squad and never let him See game time for a year or 2

He was a 5th round pick we handed the backup job too

Not very often, if ever, teams would make 5th round selections with the PS in mind. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not very often, if ever, teams would make 5th round selections with the PS in mind. 

For a rookie QB with a weak arm the only option is PS or 3 string clipboard holder 

you dont draft him with that in mind , you put him there when you see him throw

You don’t hand him the backup job. He was a boarderline UDFA type QB