Bills Release Peterman

Steptide

Some team will sign him during the offseason and most likely he'll make their practice squad, where he belongs.  

He was never ready to start in this league, despite what McD said.  But I can see a scenario down the road where he learns the game and becomes a decent backup.  He just needs to learn the game and understand his weaknesses more.  

I can guarantee you there are other QB's on NFL rosters that would have produced the same results had they been put in Peterman's position and asked to start during their rookie/2nd year when they weren't ready.  But they weren't, and they are still given the opportunity to sit the bench and learn

But at this point in his career Peterman doesn't belong on a regular season roster.  

Since so many of you feel that an inability to play at the NFL level is cause for disrespect, I would ask, what does that say about yourselves? Apparantly you feel that you are even less deserving of respect. Why can't you simply thank him for trying and wish him well. To put it another way, grow up.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

I was thinking about that.  

Honestly, I think he just needs a fresh start.  He'll probably end up on someone else's PS.  

That would be cool for him, but I don't think he gets another opportunity.  The 5-INT game against the Chargers and it never got much better.  He would not be well received anywhere.  

18 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Honestly, I think he just needs a fresh start.  He'll probably end up on someone else's PS.  

Yes, way too much baggage with Bills fans (customers) and media and the Bills have 3 QBs in the fold.  Bills can get a fresh look at someone else next year.  Other teams that are tired of looking at their own crappy QB's more likely to consider Nate next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Since so many of you feel that an inability to play at the NFL level is cause for disrespect, I would ask, what does that say about yourselves? Apparantly you feel that you are even less deserving of respect. Why can't you simply thank him for trying and wish him well. To put it another way, grow up.

I've said this a million times but I'll grow up when you show me your post history shaming posters appreciating a good personnell decision dropping Levi Jones, Tuel, Troupe, Flowers, Maybin, Mike Williams, EJ, and 100s of others and defending their unfortunate circumstances.  Until then maybe you're not as virtuous as you think to be telling people to "grow up". Heck I'm sure you won't care one bit about KB's career, or how we feel about it when he goes.

Peterman signed up for this when he took the money. As did every other football player that got cut very early. Of course they are all elite athletes with god given talent. Yet they get cut all the time. The NFL is arduous for fringe players and I have the utmost respect for those that continue to chase the dream and bounce around practice squads.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

The guy is done as a player in the NFL.

No GM will touch him unless they are a masochist.    And that is exactly how McDermott and Beane should have thought about the guy even going into preseason this year based on last year's performance.  ABP (Anyone But Peterman) should have been the starter week 1.   Peterman should have been off this team for an (any) round pick when he looked serviceable in preseason.   Then maybe he would have got a shot to earn a backup spot somewhere.

From what I've read, he's a very smart guy. Unfortunately that doesn't always translate to on field play. Maybe he has a future in coaching or a front office some where. I honestly wish him the best. Kid's dedicated his entire life to this game, up until this point. I don't want him on the team anymore, but if he ends up learning from his mistakes, going somewhere else and becoming a dominant, or even serviceable QB I'll be happy for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

From what I've read, he's a very smart guy. Unfortunately that doesn't always translate to on field play. Maybe he has a future in coaching or a front office some where. I honestly wish him the best. Kid's dedicated his entire life to this game, up until this point. I don't want him on the team anymore, but if he ends up learning from his mistakes, going somewhere else and becoming a dominant, or even serviceable QB I'll be happy for him. 

I believe he has said his dream job is an nfl gm job. It was on one of those get to know the bills, that the bills social media puts out.

If he wants to continue to play he needs to get on a practice squad and go from there. He is a second year 5th rounder who has had multiple starts already someone is going to be intrigued

• Like (+1) 1

This needed to happen sooner and would have if not for poor QB planning and Derek Anderson being injured in the Patriots game. 

I cannot see a scenario where an NFL team gives him a chance to start in the near future.    Some QB's like Losman or Manuel have accuracy issues or are more mistake prone.  Petermans issues were deeper than that, it was almost as if he physically had a blind spot on certain parts of the field when throwing.  Some of those interceptions and pick sixes were much too easy for the other team to get.     I wonder if he gets a shot somewhere in the preseason next year.    

Either way, he seems like a nice enough guy and I wish him well. 

Edited by dgrochester55

So long, farewell, we bid you all adieu....

Nice guys do finish last sometimes - and for good reason.  He is not an NFL QB.  I would be very surprised if he makes an appearance in a game again - preseason or otherwise.  But - he can tell his grandkids how he had his shot, and even has something a few greater QBs never had - a pass attempt in a playoff game.

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I've said this a million times but I'll grow up when you show me your post history shaming posters appreciating a good personnell decision dropping Levi Jones, Tuel, Troupe, Flowers, Maybin, Mike Williams, EJ, and 100s of others and defending their unfortunate circumstances.  Until then maybe you're not as virtuous as you think to be telling people to "grow up". Heck I'm sure you won't care one bit about KB's career, or how we feel about it when he goes.

Peterman signed up for this when he took the money. As did every other football player that got cut very early. Of course they are all elite athletes with god given talent. Yet they get cut all the time. The NFL is arduous for fringe players and I have the utmost respect for those that continue to chase the dream and bounce around practice squads.

Peterman had a very embarrassing career in Buffalo. He was the butt of jokes across many national media outlets. A small classless group of his own "fans" tried to put together funding for a billboard that called for his firing. It doesn't make alot of sense to compare him to the releasing of Torrell Troupe.

I also see alot of posters and fans express sympathy/good luck to most players who get traded or cut. 

I don't understand why anyone would have an issue with sympathy towards another person. Then again your chosen screen name says alot, as does the dozen or so replies in this thread. I guess you could be trolling, which is a pathetic way to get your kicks or you are a nitwit. Either way thanks for the insight.

35 minutes ago, Needle said:

Edited by Needle
  • Like (+1) 2