[Please Change Title] Josh Allen to start against Jags and that's GOOD!

PUNT750

12 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Misleading title.

Allen hasn't been named the starter yet.

Correct. McDermott said if Allen is healthy. That can mean anything. That can be read as a statement it support for Allen while playing Barkley a few more weeks.

34 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I would let Josh sit another week fully healed to play the Fins. One more game won't matter. Jags are more than likely gonna get smoked by Pittsburgh who is playing very well right now. They'll be out of the hunt and angry by the time they get to Buffalo and take it out on our rookie QB. Josh will be anxious and try to do too much, especially against Ramsey who said some pretty foul things about him and hasn't really backed up anything. 

Then again, if your franchise QB can't handle adversity is he really the answer? Iron sharpens iron, right? Personally I'd sit him one more game.

Maybe on the road I could see your point here, but Jax is coming into our house, we have the best defense in football, not them.

No reason to be scared of them, they imploded (as I predicted they would be a sub .500 team on here many times this preseason)

Ramsey is nothing to be afraid of.  Calais is the guy that can screw up your day, and he'll be out to teach Teller and Bodine a few things.  But they have Hackett and Marrone, so we get a +1 for that too.

12 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

While I agree with the sentiment, from what I read, that is not quite what McDermott said.  He said IF Allen is healthy.  That means, whether he is healthy or not, they can say, "in order not to risk his long term health, we have decided it would be best to continue resting Josh."

I thought the same thing. He left himself an out.