[Please Change Title] Josh Allen to start against Jags and that's GOOD!

PUNT750

Matt Barkley was great!  His play showed that we DO have an offense when it is executed correctly.

Josh needs to play out the season.  Not only for him to grow as an NFL QB but for the Bill's coaches and management to determine what they really have from the 7th pick in the draft.

GO BILLS!

While I agree with the sentiment, from what I read, that is not quite what McDermott said.  He said IF Allen is healthy.  That means, whether he is healthy or not, they can say, "in order not to risk his long term health, we have decided it would be best to continue resting Josh."

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

Matt Barkley was great!  His play showed that we DO have an offense when it is executed correctly.

Josh needs to play out the season.  Not only for him to grow as an NFL QB but for the Bill's coaches and management to determine what they really have from the 7th pick in the draft.

GO BILLS!

The title suggested a fact, but it sounds like it’s just your wish. Time will tell. 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, no name said:

jags D will come to play. they decide allen is 100% ready then yes, I would like to see him out there. just hope he isn't punished and aggravates that shoulder?

Sprained.Elbow was the injury- Josh learns to get rid of ball and be accurate, Josh’s risk of injury decreases- simple as that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

Nonsense that he needs to start.

Did Mahomes need to start as a rookie?

EDIT: Oh, it hasn't been decided? Horrible thread, then.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

While I agree with the sentiment, from what I read, that is not quite what McDermott said.  He said IF Allen is healthy.  That means, whether he is healthy or not, they can say, "in order not to risk his long term health, we have decided it would be best to continue resting Josh."

You're right, of course.  I would be very surprised if Allen isn't healthy though. He's been throwing the ball for over a week and he's got an extra week now to get back in the swing.

10 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Same thing I got from what McDermott said

5 hours ago, TigerJ said:

You're right, of course.  I would be very surprised if Allen isn't healthy though. He's been throwing the ball for over a week and he's got an extra week now to get back in the swing.

Yeah but “anything” could give him a setback. I feel like McDermott was basically saying that because he plans to start Barkley and use Allen’s elbow as an excuse. I mean you never know but unless McBeane is tanking you have to go with Barkley until he falters. The game plan was for Allen to sit anyway but I also think now that he started he should continue. So once Barkley does falter Allen should be immediately put back in. I believe Barkley only earned himself one more start.

I would let Josh sit another week fully healed to play the Fins. One more game won't matter. Jags are more than likely gonna get smoked by Pittsburgh who is playing very well right now. They'll be out of the hunt and angry by the time they get to Buffalo and take it out on our rookie QB. Josh will be anxious and try to do too much, especially against Ramsey who said some pretty foul things about him and hasn't really backed up anything. 

Then again, if your franchise QB can't handle adversity is he really the answer? Iron sharpens iron, right? Personally I'd sit him one more game.