Bills vs. Jets All-22 Coaches Film Reviews

26CornerBlitz

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Lord - I remember watching this live time and yelling, "WHY IS MILANO IN 1v1 COVERAGE ON THE OUTSIDE?!?" Especially in cover 1, I was ready for this to be a TD and pretty sure McCown thought the same thing if it weren't for the pass rush. We hide the coverage fairly well but the safety (Hyde?) is drifting to the middle pre-snap. I wonder what happens on this play if the pass rush doesn't force a bad throw.

Before this sounds like me being super negative on Milano or the D, my overall impression was that we actually have a LB who can cover...for once. I get the kid played safety and has coverage experience, and I know it's the Jets with arguably the next worst receiving corps in the league next to us right now, but Milano played that coverage better than any other LB I've seen. Knew he had safety help to the middle so he could play the boundary route, broke early and knew he had, what looks like match coverage underneath, and was able to focus on the play. Either that or this was an incredibly well-schemed defensive coverage and he knew he only had the one job to do...

Edited by ctk232

53 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Lord - I remember watching this live time and yelling, "WHY IS MILANO IN 1v1 COVERAGE ON THE OUTSIDE?!?" Especially in cover 1, I was ready for this to be a TD and pretty sure McCown thought the same thing if it weren't for the pass rush. We hide the coverage fairly well but the safety (Hyde?) is drifting to the middle pre-snap. I wonder what happens on this play if the pass rush doesn't force a bad throw.

Before this sounds like me being super negative on Milano or the D, my overall impression was that we actually have a LB who can cover...for once. I get the kid played safety and has coverage experience, and I know it's the Jets with arguably the next worst receiving corps in the league next to us right now, but Milano played that coverage better than any other LB I've seen. Knew he had safety help to the middle so he could play the boundary route, broke early and knew he had, what looks like match coverage underneath, and was able to focus on the play. Either that or this was an incredibly well-schemed defensive coverage and he knew he only had the one job to do...

I love the fact that you can put Milano out there on a RB like that and he is fine in coverage.  I think even if they don’t get the pressure - Milano is still right with him.  It would of taken a perfect throw.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I love the fact that you can put Milano out there on a RB like that and he is fine in coverage.  I think even if they don’t get the pressure - Milano is still right with him.  It would of taken a perfect throw.

As awesome as it is to have, I'd still prefer to not have him in man coverage as much as we can help it - especially not 1v1 on the outside. But maybe we can finally start covering the Pats wheel routes and TE seams.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, ctk232 said:

He was in one on one coverage because #40 was his key and the Jets split him wide. Teams have isolated him in coverage several times this year. 

17 hours ago, ctk232 said:

Milano plays like a safety.....sometimes the beauty of the defense is baiting a QB to make the throw you want them to make

38 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Joe's ratings are absolutely worthless.

I certainly would have graded Teller a bit better than a B-. After reading his scouting report from the draft I thought he did a great job "finding work to do" and showed every bit of aggressiveness that apparently he had in 2016. And I thought his movement was pretty good on pulls. 

That said ... B, perhaps even a B+. It was a good place to start. 

3 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I certainly would have graded Teller a bit better than a B-. After reading his scouting report from the draft I thought he did a great job "finding work to do" and showed every bit of aggressiveness that apparently he had in 2016. And I thought his movement was pretty good on pulls. 

That said ... B, perhaps even a B+. It was a good place to start. 

Hey fellow Lion.   I like his work on the draft and agree with your take on Teller (similar to Erik Turner's review), but think these game reviews by Joe are just garbage that lack any kind of explanation, much less context.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/13/2018 at 8:41 PM, Rochesterfan said:

Why are there not calls for multiple GMs to be fired who passed up on him?

Oh that is right, only Bills fans that silly.