11-12: McDermott's Bye Week Presser at 1:30 PM ET - Josh Allen Will Start Week 12 vs. JAX If Healthy

26CornerBlitz

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That works both ways though if Barkley starts more games and shows himself to be a pretty good back-up then he gets more expensive for next year and might even be given an opportunity some where else.

Exactly why IMO you want to see IF he is that guy and lock him up now for probably a little less than 2 million a year.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Don't they usually do roster moves like that on Tuesday?

Just now, wppete said:

Not sure thought it was Mondays for cuts ect.

There is no particular day to make a roster move. 

NOVEMBER

11/10

Signed WR Robert Foster from the practice squad and released LB Ramon Humber.

11/07

Signed WR Cam Phillips and CB Xavier Coleman to the practice squad. Released WR Hunter Sharp from the practice squad.

11/06

Signed CB Levi Wallace from the practice squad and released CB Phillip Gaines.

11/05

Claimed WR Isaiah McKenzie off waivers from Denver and released WR Cam Phillips.

• Like (+1) 1

This administration and HC are on a mission to bring a Championship to Buffalo as quickly as possible, no matter what some in the local media or lunkhead Monday morning QB's think. The politically smart thing for McDermott to do is start Barkley against Jacksonville. However, starting Barkley does not give Allen the reps he needs, and delays his development. Kudos to McDermott.

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

I think that Barkley makes Derek Anderson expendable. I get rid of DA and Peterman and keep Logan Thomas as an emergency backup

9 points or not it's not stupid because of the fact that Josh is the future. Better to get experience in this year when it doesn't matter as much as next year

This for some reason is what I can see.

We continue on with Allen and Barkley. Typically we only carry 2 QBs. I think it's a real chance they move Anderson to IR. He can still tutor Allen, not occupy a roster spot and not have to worry about being forced to play again.

Peterman will be cut. No reason to add to PS. No team is giving him a spot on a 53 man roster. At WORST someone like Gruden signs him to a PS, which we can grab him from if needed due to another round of QB injury. More likely he will be on his couch waiting to,see,if we need him back for a game or 2.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, paulbills said:

"Still confident in Nate" tells me he is likely going to stay and get molded into the backup, there's just no way you keep DA with him being as old as he is and it's a toss up as to whether or not they keep Barkley. 

Really.. they wont keep Barkley after yesterday's performance?

McD has made statements like this previously only to have a change of heart a few days later..

Lets just wait and see how this plays out over the next week or so...

Maybe Anderson has told them he has retired again.. Even then Nate probably doesn't see the end of the season...

52 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I do not think Barkley is the future QB for the team.  That is Josh Allen's job for the next 2 years minimum.

However I can make an argument for starting Barkley for at least 1 more game.

If the Bills want him as a backup for longer than this year extending his contract should be done sooner than later.

Giving Josh another week to get to 100% is OK with me.  Once JA starts again he plays out the season sans injury.

Giving Barkley 1 more game for a decision on a 2 year backup contract is not ridiculous.

Keep Anderson for the rest of the year as a old vet.  He probably won't be re-signed for next year making the Barkley decision even greater.

Cut Peterman this week!  Use his roster spot to sign a PS WR player from another team and see is you can find a gem.

Just to throw out some PS players could be:

1.  Dylan Cantrell - LAC PS

2.  Andre Patton - LAC PS

3.  Gehrig Dieter - KC PS

I really think Allen needs every game he can get. Now that the pieces around him are starting to look competent I want to see what he can do with six games. Barkley already showed me enough to be considered our backup for next year.

4 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

This for some reason is what I can see.

We continue on with Allen and Barkley. Typically we only carry 2 QBs. I think it's a real chance they move Anderson to IR. He can still tutor Allen, not occupy a roster spot and not have to worry about being forced to play again.

Peterman will be cut. No reason to add to PS. No team is giving him a spot on a 53 man roster. At WORST someone like Gruden signs him to a PS, which we can grab him from if needed due to another round of QB injury. More likely he will be on his couch waiting to,see,if we need him back for a game or 2.

Interesting idea.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

Allen is not going to be declared "fully healthy" for Jax IMO.  He may be healthy enough to back up Barkley.  He will be healthy for sure by week 14.

You think it's believable that Allen went from all but being the starter yesterday to needing more than two more weeks? 

20 minutes ago, paulbills said:

"Still confident in Nate" tells me he is likely going to stay and get molded into the backup, there's just no way you keep DA with him being as old as he is and it's a toss up as to whether or not they keep Barkley. 

He was just saying that because he is not going to bash a player publicly. He also wouldn’t commit to keeping 4 QBs. As soon as Allen or DA are cleared Peterman will be released imo. I think starting Barkley over him spoke volumes in his confidence.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The real question is whether Barkley tells them to go *&^^ themselves, and uses yesterday's performance as a springboard for a Contract somewhere else.

I would play Barkley Week 17 and see if he can play well again...

If he can sign him as the backup next year...

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

I would play Barkley Week 17 and see if he can play well again...

If he can sign him as the backup next year...

I guess I'd wonder why/if the Jets wouldn't call him up this afternoon.  McCown looked horrible and the Jets have their own injured first round rookie...and Darnold went to USC, so he has that in common with Barkley. And if you're Barkley, would you rather play in New York City or Buffalo NY? 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I guess I'd wonder why/if the Jets wouldn't call him up this afternoon.  McCown looked horrible and the Jets have their own injured first round rookie...and Darnold went to USC, so he has that in common with Barkley. And if you're Barkley, would you rather play in New York City or Buffalo NY? 

Isnt he signed with the Bills the rest of the year?

Dont think the Jets can approach him until he is off contract...

17 minutes ago, billspro said:

I really think Allen needs every game he can get. Now that the pieces around him are starting to look competent I want to see what he can do with six games. Barkley already showed me enough to be considered our backup for next year.

I have no problem with starting JA the rest of the way.

My only input was about the Bills finding a reasonable backup that can be a companion for JA for the next couple of years.

This craziness with AJM, Peterman, Anderson and now Barkley cannot be good for JA's stability.

OBD screwed this up and they should put in the effort to fix it for Josh Allen's sake.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Does anyone who wants to continue to play Barkley if Josh is healthy, honestly believe that Barkley is the future of this team? 

I understand the need for immediate gratification and winning now, but that's not what this year is about.   Disagree all you want with the strategy and the vision, but starting Matt Barkley if Josh is healthy would be crazy.  By sitting Josh, the Bills would go into the offseason with a high draft pick and not knowing whether QB was a need or not.  I would rather know a bit more.  Six live games of reps is a lot of evaluation....

If Josh shows some critical flaws these last 6 weeks, it's not that terrible to draft competition with a high pick.  Josh is on a Rookie deal -- if he plays for the Bills in 2019 his cap hit is about $6.8 million to cut him before 2020.  Josh was the least polished, least experienced QB of the top 5 (including Lamar Jackson) in the draft.  He needs reps.  For the upteenth millionth time,.... this season is about assessing Josh Allen, not about winning games, particularly at 3-7.

There are valid arguments for starting Barkley against the Jags. First, after his over the top performance against the Jets, I will be tough for Allen to come in and perform at the same level as Barkley after four weeks of inactivity.  I may be better to let Barkley start, and if we build a comfortable lead, let Allen come into a non pressure situation and start to shake off the rust.  another reason to start Barkley is it would give the team a chance to go back to their original desire to have Allen learn from the sidelines for a year.  I am not saying I am in favor of this, but these are to valid arguments for starting Barkley in the next game.   This conversation is a non issue since McDermott already announced Allen will be the starter if he is healthy.

As for your first question, I do not believe many on this board view Barkley as our future franchise qb.  I do hope that he fills the position as the veteran backup.  He was a breath of fresh air on Sunday.  That was fun to watch.

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Good. Important for Allen to continue to get reps and develop so he can be in better position to make a jump next year.

Barkley looks like he should be the veteran backup on this team instead of Anderson.

100%... wonder why he’s never caught on, you know beyond the ‘eyeball test’ & ‘he sux’ rhetoric