11-12: McDermott's Bye Week Presser at 1:30 PM ET - Josh Allen Will Start Week 12 vs. JAX If Healthy

26CornerBlitz

I think that Barkley makes Derek Anderson expendable. I get rid of DA and Peterman and keep Logan Thomas as an emergency backup

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

So dumb to not play Barkley. We will go back to scoring 9 points a game on a good day. Thanks Mcd

9 points or not it's not stupid because of the fact that Josh is the future. Better to get experience in this year when it doesn't matter as much as next year

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I think that Barkley makes Derek Anderson expendable. I get rid of DA and Peterman and keep Logan Thomas as an emergency backup

9 points or not it's not stupid because of the fact that Josh is the future. Better to get experience in this year when it doesn't matter as much as next year

I don’t agree. The guys not ready right now. He’s played terrible and wasn't a good qb in college anyway. I’m not saying he will never be good but he sucks right now. Barkley played well and deserves a chance to back up his first start. There’s no harm to that. Allen’s not going anywhere and he probably should have sat out this whole year anyway. If Barkley ends up being real good, it would be so dumb to hurt ourselves by not finding out. Allen is going to get his chance regardless. Barkley might not. Best case scenario we have 2 good QBs. That would be a great  problem to have. Let Barkley prove he can’t do it before you take his chance away. Allen’s not going anywhere.

15 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I think DA should def be the on the roster the rest of the year, if he wants to be. Anderson and barkley can help out josh a lot the rest of the way. Peterman can def go

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone who wants to continue to play Barkley if Josh is healthy, honestly believe that Barkley is the future of this team? 

I understand the need for immediate gratification and winning now, but that's not what this year is about.   Disagree all you want with the strategy and the vision, but starting Matt Barkley if Josh is healthy would be crazy.  By sitting Josh, the Bills would go into the offseason with a high draft pick and not knowing whether QB was a need or not.  I would rather know a bit more.  Six live games of reps is a lot of evaluation....

If Josh shows some critical flaws these last 6 weeks, it's not that terrible to draft competition with a high pick.  Josh is on a Rookie deal -- if he plays for the Bills in 2019 his cap hit is about $6.8 million to cut him before 2020.  Josh was the least polished, least experienced QB of the top 5 (including Lamar Jackson) in the draft.  He needs reps.  For the upteenth millionth time,.... this season is about assessing Josh Allen, not about winning games, particularly at 3-7.

• Like (+1) 2

Quick Hits: Why Josh Allen Will Start in Week 12, If Healthy

ilsrbl1dzpzi557lzinv.jpg

The highly-anticipated return of Josh Allen is seemingly in sight.

Should he be back at full health, the rookie will retake the reins of the offense when the Bills return from their bye week.

“Correct,” head coach Sean McDermott confirmed on Monday. “If healthy, [Allen] will start.”

Allen has missed the past four games with an elbow sprain, an injury he acquired midway through Buffalo’s Week 6 loss to the Texans. The signal-caller returned to practice last week in a limited capacity and has continued to move forward in his recovery this week.

“We’re still making progress,” McDermott said. “He threw on his rehab again [Monday]. We’ll continue to move forward and take it one day at a time.”

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

Does anyone who wants to continue to play Barkley if Josh is healthy, honestly believe that Barkley is the future of this team? 

I understand the need for immediate gratification and winning now, but that's not what this year is about.   Disagree all you want with the strategy and the vision, but starting Matt Barkley if Josh is healthy would be crazy.  By sitting Josh, the Bills would go into the offseason with a high draft pick and not knowing whether QB was a need or not.  I would rather know a bit more.  Six live games of reps is a lot of evaluation....

If Josh shows some critical flaws these last 6 weeks, it's not that terrible to draft competition with a high pick.  Josh is on a Rookie deal -- if he plays for the Bills in 2019 his cap hit is about $6.8 million to cut him before 2020.  Josh was the least polished, least experienced QB of the top 5 (including Lamar Jackson) in the draft.  He needs reps.  For the upteenth millionth time,.... this season is about assessing Josh Allen, not about winning games, particularly at 3-7.

I do not think Barkley is the future QB for the team.  That is Josh Allen's job for the next 2 years minimum.

However I can make an argument for starting Barkley for at least 1 more game.

If the Bills want him as a backup for longer than this year extending his contract should be done sooner than later.

Giving Josh another week to get to 100% is OK with me.  Once JA starts again he plays out the season sans injury.

Giving Barkley 1 more game for a decision on a 2 year backup contract is not ridiculous.

Keep Anderson for the rest of the year as a old vet.  He probably won't be re-signed for next year making the Barkley decision even greater.

Cut Peterman this week!  Use his roster spot to sign a PS WR player from another team and see is you can find a gem.

Just to throw out some PS players could be:

1.  Dylan Cantrell - LAC PS

2.  Andre Patton - LAC PS

3.  Gehrig Dieter - KC PS

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I do not think Barkley is the future QB for the team.  That is Josh Allen's job for the next 2 years minimum.

However I can make an argument for starting Barkley for at least 1 more game.

If the Bills want him as a backup for longer than this year extending his contract should be done sooner than later.

Giving Josh another week to get to 100% is OK with me.  Once JA starts again he plays out the season sans injury.

Giving Barkley 1 more game for a decision on a 2 year backup contract is not ridiculous.

Keep Anderson for the rest of the year as a old vet.  He probably won't be re-signed for next year making the Barkley decision even greater.

Cut Peterman this week!  Use his roster spot to sign a PS WR player from another team and see is you can find a gem.

Just to throw out some PS players could be:

1.  Dylan Cantrell - LAC PS

2.  Andre Patton - LAC PS

3.  Gehrig Dieter - KC PS

That works both ways though if Barkley starts more games and shows himself to be a pretty good back-up then he gets more expensive for next year and might even be given an opportunity some where else.