11-12: McDermott's Bye Week Presser at 1:30 PM ET - Josh Allen Will Start Week 12 vs. JAX If Healthy

26CornerBlitz

McDermott's Bye Week Presser at 1:30 PM ET today.  Hopefully he will shed some light on the QB plans moving forward along with any injury updates.  This will be the only team media availability until following Monday. 

Will post live Twitter and Facebook presser links as they become available: Buffalo Bills Video Live

Quick Hits: Why Josh Allen Will Start in Week 12, If Healthy

ilsrbl1dzpzi557lzinv.jpg

The highly-anticipated return of Josh Allen is seemingly in sight.

Should he be back at full health, the rookie will retake the reins of the offense when the Bills return from their bye week.

“Correct,” head coach Sean McDermott confirmed on Monday. “If healthy, [Allen] will start.”

Allen has missed the past four games with an elbow sprain, an injury he acquired midway through Buffalo’s Week 6 loss to the Texans. The signal-caller returned to practice last week in a limited capacity and has continued to move forward in his recovery this week.

“We’re still making progress,” McDermott said. “He threw on his rehab again [Monday]. We’ll continue to move forward and take it one day at a time.”

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 11-12: McDermott's Bye Week Presser at 1:30 PM ET - Josh Allen Will Start Week 12 If Healthy

At least it solves the Allen v. Barkley debate. And of course it's the only that really makes sense for the team long-term. I didn't see the play where Milano had to be put in the concussion protocol. But, that's two starting LBers in the last few weeks that have needed that time to heal. Sad, but timing couldn't better with the bye week as it seems to take more than a week to clear the protocol. 

Still confident in Nate? I'm confident in Nate, too. As in I'm confident he has no place on this roster unless Derek Anderson decided to hang 'em up again during the bye week. And I wouldn't blame him if he did decide to retire again. It took a ton of coaxing to get him off his couch to begin with and coming back only to get concussed might have him reevaluating his priorities. 

But back to Nate: he is fourth on the depth chart. If Anderson stays, Nate is gone. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 11-12: McDermott's Bye Week Presser at 1:30 PM ET - Josh Allen Will Start Week 12 vs. JAX If Healthy
2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

That's some funny ***** right there!

His actions will speak louder than words. If they release Barkley, and keep Nate then like I don’t know. 

I fully expect that Peterman will be gone, but he isn’t just going to go out there and crush a guy in a presser.

Edited by Watkins90
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Watkins90 said:

How actions will speak louder than words. If they release Barkley, and keep Nate then like I don’t know. 

I filly expect that Peterman will be gone, but he isn’t just going to go out there and crush a guy in a presser.

I know, I know.  I agree with you.  I think they will cut him.  They have a legit reason based on performance of Barkley now.

15 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Good. Important for Allen to continue to get reps and develop so he can be in better position to make a jump next year.

Barkley looks like he should be the veteran backup on this team instead of Anderson.

My guess is they'll cut Peterman and then put him on the PS. Allen will be the starter and Barkley the backup. Anderson will be the 3 and inactive on game day.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Juice_32 said:

My guess is they'll cut Peterman and then put him on the PS. Allen will be the starter and Barkley the backup. Anderson will be the 3 and inactive on game day.

Makes sense to me except I wouldn't bother with a PS spot for Peterman.