Ronald Darby Tore ACL. Done for the Season

JerseyBills

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

FWIW in the Beane equation........Edmunds is not looking good at all at MLB.

All around bad in run defense and just not very instinctive and a step or two behind in pass defense.

I thought they drafted the guy as a matchup piece that could rush the passer or drop in coverage and eventually mature into a stud edge guy...........but if you watched that Philly/Dallas game you know that as a MLB he's miles away from Vander Esch who was taken a few spots later.  

He's a couple years younger that Vander Esch so I guess maybe he improves but I don't see much improvement in him since the opener and he got trucked and concussed a couple games ago so maybe this isn't the position for him.

884642406.jpg.0.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Darby hurt his knee, right?!?!

Yeah.......as I have already said........the OP immediately attempted to give credit to Beane for somehow anticipating Darby would blow a knee a year and a half later?........and went to praising the drafting that was done after all of the controversial moves by Beane..........and my point is the Bills still haven't got much to show for it.

Truth is the Eagles traded for Darby and won a SB..........and he's also been tremendous this season........it's worked out GREAT for them.........certainly no regrets.

Injuries like Darby's happen...........Josh Allen and Cooper Kupp both suffered ligament sprains(tears) a month ago.........Kupp came back and played a few games and the compromised ligament tore completely..........the risk of Allen blowing his UCL is also MUCH higher now and if it pops say goodbye to his 2019 season.

Point is.........there are still exactly ZERO eggs hatched on the McBeane side of this equation yet.   None.   

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

"Got trucked and concussed"  OK genious

Classic

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

How does it make Beane look good? He traded away a starting DB for a WR that was not very good and a draft pick. The jury is still out on Edmunds. So far Beane's moves have mostly not worked out except Star and Bodine is at least a low level starter.

I guess i meant it More as we have the best defense and top 5 secondary.

I would bet the house that Beane/McD had talked about last year's draft ,which looks very good , as well as this years. Edmunds is the youngest mlb in the game, he's got all pro written all over him. 

Both Murphy's. Ivory. Jordan Phillips.  Star as you said... He was the most cash strapped GM this year , last in dead money, by ALOT. Last in active cap spending. Our next opponent , Jax, has a roster worth 60 million more than ours. Beane was Extremely limited in what he could do, by design though.

But he got something for Watkins who they weren't resigning , Darby and Dareus. He compiled the current #1 defense in the league. Mishandled QB this year but has his guy for the Long haul. Might have something in Foster, McKenzie. I see vthe vision and as cliche as it is , I truly trust the process and vision McBeane has for this team , for the Long haul. Beane has consistently said they're building for multiple years of success. 

Let's see how he does in an offseason where he has a ton of money and a ton of flexibility. He completely gutted this team and again, I love the direction he's going and the culture he's building. The future is very bright and in good hands.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Almost like spreading bad information on a player like the rest of us are not watching the games as well.....

but hey....spelling nazi police are gonna nazi

Maybe it’s just me, but when you’re calling someone out for his alleged  stupidity, there are certain words you just CAN’T afford to get wrong.  

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Maybe it’s just me, but when you’re calling someone out for his alleged  stupidity, there are certain words you just CAN’T afford to get wrong.  

Sure I can....its the internet

PS.....when that same poster takes nasty swipes at me for no reason from time to time.......I say go pound sand to this

Edited by John from Riverside