Ronald Darby Tore ACL. Done for the Season

JerseyBills

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It will be interesting to revisit this down the road. Edmunds has miles to go. Stay put and take Vander and then they could have had Chubb. That would have been my dream draft. Allen/Vander/Chubb

I was alarmed that it took Edmunds nearly two full weeks to clear the concussion protocol. Hopefully he can handle the impact of a MLB. 

All of the other gibberish aside, I too share concern over two weeks clearing concussion protocol; great point!

Just now, vorpma said:

All of the other gibberish aside, I too share concern over two weeks clearing concussion protocol; great point!

his heart throb Vander Esch would clear it in negative two weeks!  in fact, getting a concussion would make him smarter!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It will be interesting to revisit this down the road. Edmunds has miles to go. Stay put and take Vander and then they could have had Chubb. That would have been my dream draft. Allen/Vander/Chubb

I was alarmed that it took Edmunds nearly two full weeks to clear the concussion protocol. Hopefully he can handle the impact of a MLB. 

You have to be a pretty amazing MLB to justify first round selection, IMO.

He's been FAR from that.

You could argue that in a 2 LB league he's more than just a MLB of years past..........but even at that he hasn't been very good.

It's *possible* that some of his impact is overlooked because his speed and rangy frame discourages throws into his area.........but when they throw at him they are successful.  He's just not there to contest the pass or make a play on it.

And as you said.........the concussion thing is also a real concern.     As the league has become more pass oriented the RB's have actually gotten consistently bigger.   Teams want 230# RB's to soften up undersized defenses.  I noticed him shaking off the cobwebs on a couple hits yesterday and wondered if he might get re-concussed.  

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

what, did Edmunds steal your girl or something?

It has nothing to do with Edmunds, it’s all about the process. The difference between VDE and Edmunds wasn’t worth risking additional picks in a trade up. It’s not like VDE was under the radar. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You have to be a pretty amazing MLB to justify first round selection, IMO.

He's been FAR from that.

You could argue that in a 2 LB league he's more than just a MLB of years past..........but even at that he hasn't been very good.

It's *possible* that some of his impact is overlooked because his speed and rangy frame discourages throws into his area.........but when they throw at him they are successful.  He's just not there to contest the pass or make a play on it.

And as you said.........the concussion thing is also a real concern.     As the league has become more pass oriented the RB's have actually gotten consistently bigger.   Teams want 230# RB's to soften up undersized defenses.  I noticed him shaking off the cobwebs on a couple hits yesterday and wondered if he might get re-concussed.  

Good stuff. It’s a big improvement from profiling guys like Ragland so it’s hard to complain.

Beane is still new so it’s my hope that he will value each pick instead of going up the board when a similar situation presents itself.

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It has nothing to do with Edmunds, it’s all about the process. The difference between VDE and Edmunds wasn’t worth risking additional picks in a trade up. It’s not like VDE was under the radar. 

Good stuff. It’s a big improvement from profiling guys like Ragland so it’s hard to complain.

Beane is still new so it’s my hope that he will value each pick instead of going up the board when a similar situation presents itself.

I'm not sure why you're so caremad about Edmunds.  If you look at the difference in our D between when he plays versus when he's out, he's a big difference maker, and i watched him yesterday consistently applying pressure and blowing up plays

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I'm not sure why you're so caremad about Edmunds.  If you look at the difference in our D between when he plays versus when he's out, he's a big difference maker, and i watched him yesterday consistently applying pressure and blowing up plays

I agree with you.  Don't understand the non-love for Edmunds.  He's a freak.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Tough break. Isn't Darby heading into FA after this year too?

Yes.  Might have to take a one year deal now.

5 hours ago, dorquemada said:

his heart throb Vander Esch would clear it in negative two weeks!  in fact, getting a concussion would make him smarter!

lol...……...Thanks Teddy Bruschi……..

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Edmunds might the weakest link on the defense right now that Gaines is gone.

I'll take the #1 rated NFL D with a guy like T Edmunds as the weakest link...………....….all day.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

tough for him and the Eagles. Felt like a very strong point of their defense, and I'm sure he unfortunately lost a lot of money going to FA (if I'm correct on that).

Could work for the Bills who have a bunch of $$$ and need a true CB2.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, cba fan said:

lol...……...Thanks Teddy Bruschi……..

I'll take the #1 rated NFL D with a guy like T Edmunds as the weakest link...………....….all day.

You'll also take 3-7 and like it.

But the D is playing very well in spite of Edmunds struggles and has a very favorable schedule ahead for maintaining that defensive ranking.............and also hopefully winning  several more games and dashing the dreams of the tankers:devil:............... who want to suffer an entire awful season to *hopefully* get one better non-QB in the draft than the SB champion gets to select.

47 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Could work for the Bills who have a bunch of $$$ and need a true CB2.

Oh I'd love it. Especially since his trade essentially netted KB and Jordan Matthews.. nothing. Or even a negative return if you consider opportunity cost thinking those guys would crush it.

And don't get me started on scheme. He's a friggin CB they're tasked to do both and Josh Norman clearly played a ton of man in Carolina. Would love him back! 

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Shame . I like Darby but sure makes Beane look good.  He's part of the reason we got Allen/Edmunds/Phillips and was definitely a ballsy move by Beane at the time. We now have the number 1 D and a phenomenal secondary in such a short amount of time.

How does it make Beane look good? He traded away a starting DB for a WR that was not very good and a draft pick. The jury is still out on Edmunds. So far Beane's moves have mostly not worked out except Star and Bodine is at least a low level starter.

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Shame . I like Darby but sure makes Beane look good.  He's part of the reason we got Allen/Edmunds/Phillips and was definitely a ballsy move by Beane at the time. We now have the number 1 D and a phenomenal secondary in such a short amount of time.

This doesn’t reflect on the player or either gm 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

FWIW in the Beane equation........Edmunds is not looking good at all at MLB.

All around bad in run defense and just not very instinctive and a step or two behind in pass defense.

I thought they drafted the guy as a matchup piece that could rush the passer or drop in coverage and eventually mature into a stud edge guy...........but if you watched that Philly/Dallas game you know that as a MLB he's miles away from Vander Esch who was taken a few spots later.  

He's a couple years younger that Vander Esch so I guess maybe he improves but I don't see much improvement in him since the opener and he got trucked and concussed a couple games ago so maybe this isn't the position for him.

Darby hurt his knee, right?!?!

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

FWIW in the Beane equation........Edmunds is not looking good at all at MLB.

All around bad in run defense and just not very instinctive and a step or two behind in pass defense.

I thought they drafted the guy as a matchup piece that could rush the passer or drop in coverage and eventually mature into a stud edge guy...........but if you watched that Philly/Dallas game you know that as a MLB he's miles away from Vander Esch who was taken a few spots later.  

He's a couple years younger that Vander Esch so I guess maybe he improves but I don't see much improvement in him since the opener and he got trucked and concussed a couple games ago so maybe this isn't the position for him.

You know.....there are times when I think you might almost have something to contribute then you write something like this that makes me think you dont know what the F you are talking about

"All time bad in run defense"  GTFOH

"Got trucked and concussed"  OK genious

He makes rookie mistakes like a rookie....he also shows you Kuch type play from the panthers on other plays......he makes D calls as a rookie.....he runs things down like he is a safety even though he is an oversiized YOUNG linebacker.....he provides pass rush.....he can run himself completely out of plays and then be the first one to the ball he is so athletic.

Every year you pick a player to harp on where people just look at your posts and scratch their heads...it is interesting that you would put this in a Darby thread as it was Darby as a rookie that you were wrong on....now your wrong on Edmunds