Ronald Darby Tore ACL. Done for the Season

JerseyBills

Shame . I like Darby but sure makes Beane look good.  He's part of the reason we got Allen/Edmunds/Phillips and was definitely a ballsy move by Beane at the time. We now have the number 1 D and a phenomenal secondary in such a short amount of time.

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I had a gut feeling that he would have durability issues. I feel like our secondary is a strength of this defense that is slowing rounding into form.

I’d like to see them extend Hyde and Poyer after the season. Just lock them both up. I think they are signed through the 2020 season. Get them extended 3 years which would push them to the length of T White after his 5th year option.

FWIW in the Beane equation........Edmunds is not looking good at all at MLB.

All around bad in run defense and just not very instinctive and a step or two behind in pass defense.

I thought they drafted the guy as a matchup piece that could rush the passer or drop in coverage and eventually mature into a stud edge guy...........but if you watched that Philly/Dallas game you know that as a MLB he's miles away from Vander Esch who was taken a few spots later.  

He's a couple years younger that Vander Esch so I guess maybe he improves but I don't see much improvement in him since the opener and he got trucked and concussed a couple games ago so maybe this isn't the position for him.

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

FWIW in the Beane equation........Edmunds is not looking good at all at MLB.

All around bad in run defense and just not very instinctive and a step or two behind in pass defense.

I thought they drafted the guy as a matchup piece that could rush the passer or drop in coverage and eventually mature into a stud edge guy...........but if you watched that Philly/Dallas game you know that as a MLB he's miles away from Vander Esch who was taken a few spots later.  

He's a couple years younger that Vander Esch so I guess maybe he improves but I don't see much improvement in him since the opener and he got trucked and concussed a couple games ago so maybe this isn't the position for him.

I’m not sure why you decided to post this here, seems strange placement.  But, Edmunds has been underwhelming. Bad angles, a step behind etc. I think that it is, as you say instinctual. Hope he picks up his game.

Place the “blame” where it belongs though. McDermott made it very clear that he is the decision maker in the organization. Beane is a second fiddle, nothing more.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I had a gut feeling that he would have durability issues. I feel like our secondary is a strength of this defense that is slowing rounding into form.

Tearing a knee has nothing to do with durability...it's an injury that happens playing football

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m not sure why you decided to post this here, seems strange placement.  But, Edmunds has been underwhelming. Bad angles, a step behind etc. I think that it is, as you say instinctual. Hope he picks up his game.

Place the “blame” where it belongs though. McDermott made it very clear that he is the decision maker in the organization. Beane is a second fiddle, nothing more.

The OP said that dumping Darby was  "part of the reason we got Allen/Edmunds/Phillips"............like those three have been some kind of revelation.

Edmunds isn't being graded on a normal curve by some fans/media because of his age..........but the truth is that he arrived in the NFL a much more experienced LB'er than Vander Esch and grew up the son of a pro football star and yet they are on the opposite spectrum of performance right now.   

Edmunds might the weakest link on the defense right now that Gaines is gone.

Milano has been dynamic.........otherwise Edmunds struggles would be more noticeable.

If Milano is out for Jax it will be interesting to see if Edmunds gets some OLB looks in Milano spot with Stanford playing MLB.     Guessing those snaps would go to Lorax though.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

21 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

OK! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The OP said that dumping Darby was  "part of the reason we got Allen/Edmunds/Phillips"............like those three have been some kind of revelation.

Edmunds isn't being graded on a normal curve by some fans/media because of his age..........but the truth is that he arrived in the NFL a much more experienced LB'er than Vander Esch and grew up the son of a pro football star and yet they are on the opposite spectrum of performance right now.   

Edmunds might the weakest link on the defense right now that Gaines is gone.

Milano has been dynamic.........otherwise Edmunds struggles would be more noticeable.

If Milano is out for Jax it will be interesting to see if Edmunds gets some OLB looks in Milano spot with Stanford playing MLB.     Guessing those snaps would go to Lorax though.

It will be interesting to revisit this down the road. Edmunds has miles to go. Stay put and take Vander and then they could have had Chubb. That would have been my dream draft. Allen/Vander/Chubb

I was alarmed that it took Edmunds nearly two full weeks to clear the concussion protocol. Hopefully he can handle the impact of a MLB. 

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

It will be interesting to revisit this down the road. Edmunds has miles to go. Stay put and take Vander and then they could have had Chubb. That would have been my dream draft. Allen/Vander/Chubb

I was alarmed that it took Edmunds nearly two full weeks to clear the concussion protocol. Hopefully he can handle the impact of a MLB. 

what, did Edmunds steal your girl or something?