Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JerseyBills

Ronald Darby Tore ACL. Done for the Season

Recommended Posts

Shame . I like Darby but sure makes Beane look good.  He's part of the reason we got Allen/Edmunds/Phillips and was definitely a ballsy move by Beane at the time. We now have the number 1 D and a phenomenal secondary in such a short amount of time.

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a gut feeling that he would have durability issues. I feel like our secondary is a strength of this defense that is slowing rounding into form.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is brutal. Really sucks to see, always liked Darby. Heal up fast!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks for the Eagles and Darby of course.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That sucks for the Eagles and Darby of course.

 

...and the Rams lost Kupp to an ACL....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darby was rated in the Top-30 of cornerbacks this season and they play New Orleans next weekend.  This is a brutal loss for the Eagles.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team that's struggling to meet expectations get's weaker at their weakest spot. Big loss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I had a gut feeling that he would have durability issues. I feel like our secondary is a strength of this defense that is slowing rounding into form.

I’d like to see them extend Hyde and Poyer after the season. Just lock them both up. I think they are signed through the 2020 season. Get them extended 3 years which would push them to the length of T White after his 5th year option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a shame. I liked Darby when he was here. One bad break after another. Hope he recovers in time for 2019 wherever he may end up

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sucks.  Such a shame.  I always liked Darby

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

FWIW in the Beane equation........Edmunds is not looking good at all at MLB.

 

All around bad in run defense and just not very instinctive and a step or two behind in pass defense.

 

I thought they drafted the guy as a matchup piece that could rush the passer or drop in coverage and eventually mature into a stud edge guy...........but if you watched that Philly/Dallas game you know that as a MLB he's miles away from Vander Esch who was taken a few spots later.  

 

He's a couple years younger that Vander Esch so I guess maybe he improves but I don't see much improvement in him since the opener and he got trucked and concussed a couple games ago so maybe this isn't the position for him.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

FWIW in the Beane equation........Edmunds is not looking good at all at MLB.

 

All around bad in run defense and just not very instinctive and a step or two behind in pass defense.

 

I thought they drafted the guy as a matchup piece that could rush the passer or drop in coverage and eventually mature into a stud edge guy...........but if you watched that Philly/Dallas game you know that as a MLB he's miles away from Vander Esch who was taken a few spots later.  

 

He's a couple years younger that Vander Esch so I guess maybe he improves but I don't see much improvement in him since the opener and he got trucked and concussed a couple games ago so maybe this isn't the position for him.

I’m not sure why you decided to post this here, seems strange placement.  But, Edmunds has been underwhelming. Bad angles, a step behind etc. I think that it is, as you say instinctual. Hope he picks up his game.

 

Place the “blame” where it belongs though. McDermott made it very clear that he is the decision maker in the organization. Beane is a second fiddle, nothing more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I had a gut feeling that he would have durability issues. I feel like our secondary is a strength of this defense that is slowing rounding into form.

Tearing a knee has nothing to do with durability...it's an injury that happens playing football

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m not sure why you decided to post this here, seems strange placement.  But, Edmunds has been underwhelming. Bad angles, a step behind etc. I think that it is, as you say instinctual. Hope he picks up his game.

 

Place the “blame” where it belongs though. McDermott made it very clear that he is the decision maker in the organization. Beane is a second fiddle, nothing more.

 

The OP said that dumping Darby was  "part of the reason we got Allen/Edmunds/Phillips"............like those three have been some kind of revelation.

 

Edmunds isn't being graded on a normal curve by some fans/media because of his age..........but the truth is that he arrived in the NFL a much more experienced LB'er than Vander Esch and grew up the son of a pro football star and yet they are on the opposite spectrum of performance right now.   

 

Edmunds might the weakest link on the defense right now that Gaines is gone.

 

Milano has been dynamic.........otherwise Edmunds struggles would be more noticeable.

 

If Milano is out for Jax it will be interesting to see if Edmunds gets some OLB looks in Milano spot with Stanford playing MLB.     Guessing those snaps would go to Lorax though.

 

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know, your team that won a championship last year is struggling and you are trying to do all you can do to help...and then this happens to you and there is nothing more you can really do.

 

...that feeling has to suck.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m not sure why you decided to post this here, seems strange placement.  But, Edmunds has been underwhelming. Bad angles, a step behind etc. I think that it is, as you say instinctual. Hope he picks up his game.

 

Place the “blame” where it belongs though. McDermott made it very clear that he is the decision maker in the organization. Beane is a second fiddle, nothing more.

OK! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

The OP said that dumping Darby was  "part of the reason we got Allen/Edmunds/Phillips"............like those three have been some kind of revelation.

 

Edmunds isn't being graded on a normal curve by some fans/media because of his age..........but the truth is that he arrived in the NFL a much more experienced LB'er than Vander Esch and grew up the son of a pro football star and yet they are on the opposite spectrum of performance right now.   

 

Edmunds might the weakest link on the defense right now that Gaines is gone.

 

Milano has been dynamic.........otherwise Edmunds struggles would be more noticeable.

 

If Milano is out for Jax it will be interesting to see if Edmunds gets some OLB looks in Milano spot with Stanford playing MLB.     Guessing those snaps would go to Lorax though.

 

It will be interesting to revisit this down the road. Edmunds has miles to go. Stay put and take Vander and then they could have had Chubb. That would have been my dream draft. Allen/Vander/Chubb

 

I was alarmed that it took Edmunds nearly two full weeks to clear the concussion protocol. Hopefully he can handle the impact of a MLB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

It will be interesting to revisit this down the road. Edmunds has miles to go. Stay put and take Vander and then they could have had Chubb. That would have been my dream draft. Allen/Vander/Chubb

 

I was alarmed that it took Edmunds nearly two full weeks to clear the concussion protocol. Hopefully he can handle the impact of a MLB. 

 

what, did Edmunds steal your girl or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It will be interesting to revisit this down the road. Edmunds has miles to go. Stay put and take Vander and then they could have had Chubb. That would have been my dream draft. Allen/Vander/Chubb

 

I was alarmed that it took Edmunds nearly two full weeks to clear the concussion protocol. Hopefully he can handle the impact of a MLB. 

All of the other gibberish aside, I too share concern over two weeks clearing concussion protocol; great point!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vorpma said:

All of the other gibberish aside, I too share concern over two weeks clearing concussion protocol; great point!

 

his heart throb Vander Esch would clear it in negative two weeks!  in fact, getting a concussion would make him smarter!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It will be interesting to revisit this down the road. Edmunds has miles to go. Stay put and take Vander and then they could have had Chubb. That would have been my dream draft. Allen/Vander/Chubb

 

I was alarmed that it took Edmunds nearly two full weeks to clear the concussion protocol. Hopefully he can handle the impact of a MLB. 

 

 

You have to be a pretty amazing MLB to justify first round selection, IMO.

 

He's been FAR from that.

 

You could argue that in a 2 LB league he's more than just a MLB of years past..........but even at that he hasn't been very good.

 

It's *possible* that some of his impact is overlooked because his speed and rangy frame discourages throws into his area.........but when they throw at him they are successful.  He's just not there to contest the pass or make a play on it.

 

And as you said.........the concussion thing is also a real concern.     As the league has become more pass oriented the RB's have actually gotten consistently bigger.   Teams want 230# RB's to soften up undersized defenses.  I noticed him shaking off the cobwebs on a couple hits yesterday and wondered if he might get re-concussed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

 

what, did Edmunds steal your girl or something?

It has nothing to do with Edmunds, it’s all about the process. The difference between VDE and Edmunds wasn’t worth risking additional picks in a trade up. It’s not like VDE was under the radar. 

 

 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

You have to be a pretty amazing MLB to justify first round selection, IMO.

 

He's been FAR from that.

 

You could argue that in a 2 LB league he's more than just a MLB of years past..........but even at that he hasn't been very good.

 

It's *possible* that some of his impact is overlooked because his speed and rangy frame discourages throws into his area.........but when they throw at him they are successful.  He's just not there to contest the pass or make a play on it.

 

And as you said.........the concussion thing is also a real concern.     As the league has become more pass oriented the RB's have actually gotten consistently bigger.   Teams want 230# RB's to soften up undersized defenses.  I noticed him shaking off the cobwebs on a couple hits yesterday and wondered if he might get re-concussed.  

Good stuff. It’s a big improvement from profiling guys like Ragland so it’s hard to complain.

 

Beane is still new so it’s my hope that he will value each pick instead of going up the board when a similar situation presents itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

It has nothing to do with Edmunds, it’s all about the process. The difference between VDE and Edmunds wasn’t worth risking additional picks in a trade up. It’s not like VDE was under the radar. 

 

 

Good stuff. It’s a big improvement from profiling guys like Ragland so it’s hard to complain.

 

Beane is still new so it’s my hope that he will value each pick instead of going up the board when a similar situation presents itself.

 

I'm not sure why you're so caremad about Edmunds.  If you look at the difference in our D between when he plays versus when he's out, he's a big difference maker, and i watched him yesterday consistently applying pressure and blowing up plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×