Wild eyed optimist moment

RochesterRob

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

We would get to 8-8 or 9-7 because we would not be as bad as we thought we were.  No guarantees of a high pick hitting.

Also, the last two seasons we got potentially elite players at 16 and 27. I'd rather we end the season on a roll with Allen on the verge of hitting a groove. It would really bode well what with all the cap space and a decent slate of draft picks.

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

We would get to 8-8 or 9-7 because we would not be as bad as we thought we were.  No guarantees of a high pick hitting.

That is true, maybe not as bad but think there's still enough holes to fill and even with a lower pick no guarantees that one will hit either.  Plus with higher pick could trade down for more picks.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I did not know that Marino and Offerdahl were suiting up for the Dolphins.

Dude, we've lost to a lot less than that. 

To me it's more about our team, I don't think the consistency is anywhere close to ripping off all of those games. And even if Allen improves and develops, he's going to have some ups and downs. 

Yesterday was fun but I really hope it doesn't at any point mean benching Allen, who could actually be the QB of the future, for Barkley to attempt to win now when the ceiling is mediocrity at best. Not saying you're suggesting that, but I'm just hoping the priority is still going to be developing Allen, whether or not that means taking an extra loss or two. 

For me, being an optimist is hoping that Allen, Foster, Jones, and Teller play well enough to be considered bonafide starters for next season.  And McKenzie establishes himself as the returner who can contribute to the offense every now and then.

Anything else is gravy.

2 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Just looking at the AFC standings.   We have two games to play against the second place Dolphins who are only two games ahead of us.  Baltimore who owns a tie breaker is only a game and a half ahead.  Titans who we own a tie breaker with looks to be firmly in second place in the South.  Dark shadow in the silver lining is the Chargers are firmly in second place in the West and uncatchable at this point unless they collapse.  Certainly a mountain of work ahead for the Bills and no guarantees of anything but until I looked I expected more gloomy news.  With a decent chance at the second Wild Card do we just throw in the towel on playing for today?  

I think 5 wins is the ceiling this year.  The Jets just happened to suck more than the Bills suck!

Any thing is possible.  We had the luck LY with help.  We have one of the best "D's" in the league.  Weak schedule for the next six games.  That would be great!  Go Bill's.   Remember all those on the board who wanted to sit Allen for a year to let him learn?  Now they want him to play.  "Just Win Baby"  and let the chips fall where they may.

Edited by Direhard Fan

5 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

Just looking at the AFC standings.   We have two games to play against the second place Dolphins who are only two games ahead of us.  Baltimore who owns a tie breaker is only a game and a half ahead.  Titans who we own a tie breaker with looks to be firmly in second place in the South.  Dark shadow in the silver lining is the Chargers are firmly in second place in the West and uncatchable at this point unless they collapse.  Certainly a mountain of work ahead for the Bills and no guarantees of anything but until I looked I expected more gloomy news.  With a decent chance at the second Wild Card do we just throw in the towel on playing for today?  

I  approach every game , until math eliminated , in that light. worrying about picks , draft slot. who cares. 

5 hours ago, Augie said:

I’d be far happier if Allen looked like The Guy for the rest of the year than if we snuck into a wild card. 

Unless Allen is under center while we go on our run. I don't see that as even a remote possibility but it would be fun, until we are mathematically eliminated. 

27 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

Unless Allen is under center while we go on our run. I don't see that as even a remote possibility but it would be fun, until we are mathematically eliminated. 

Yeah, I’d love both, but the future is far more important than squeaking in again. Even if we are eliminated, seeing him do well would make me very happy! I just hope we are that lucky! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Dude, we've lost to a lot less than that. 

To me it's more about our team, I don't think the consistency is anywhere close to ripping off all of those games. And even if Allen improves and develops, he's going to have some ups and downs. 

Yesterday was fun but I really hope it doesn't at any point mean benching Allen, who could actually be the QB of the future, for Barkley to attempt to win now when the ceiling is mediocrity at best. Not saying you're suggesting that, but I'm just hoping the priority is still going to be developing Allen, whether or not that means taking an extra loss or two. 

Who is to say when a team will find its footing?  I am old enough to remember way back prior to the start of the 1987 season when Bruce Smith was considered a waste of a number 1 overall pick, why the heck would you pick a receiver from Kutztown State (Andre Reed), and Talley had been there a few years and had shown nothing (according to the fans).  Back to Smith there was lots of moaning in that the Bills did not take DT Ray Childress instead of Smith number 1.

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Lol

yea other guys making plays had nothing to do with it

thete actually is evedence against a better team in the vikings

I’m usually with you, and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Hitting Foster on that first play had a lasting effect. If he and Josh could have connected a few times early, that might have changed some games to some degree. The run game looked better with more respect for the pass, but that’s not all on Josh. 

There are so many different variables, it’s impossible to tell with any certainty what the difference was. I won’t even guess! But I LIKED IT! 

6 hours ago, Direhard Fan said:

Any thing is possible.  We had the luck LY with help.  We have one of the best "D's" in the league.  Weak schedule for the next six games.  That would be great!  Go Bill's.   Remember all those on the board who wanted to sit Allen for a year to let him learn?  Now they want him to play.  "Just Win Baby"  and let the chips fall where they may.

I still want him to sit. That hasn’t changed for me and won’t. I want Barkley to play and have no illusion yesterday’s performance portends running the table. I do want them to win and hope they do.