The next four...Jags (H), Fish (A), Jets (H), Lions (H)

eball

11 minutes ago, McBean said:

#1 defense in the NFL doesn’t need to be wasted.

Start Barkley until he pukes on himself. The more time Allen sits and learns the better.

I’m not going to lie, I’m very intrigued by Barkley. Was a top prospect at USC and never really has gotten a true shot.

I thought we were going to draft him instead of EJ (and wanted us to).

And here we are. I certainly don't think he's a world-beater but he should play until/unless we are eliminated from playoff contention; and it's Allen's team from then on.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

OK, you asked so here's what I think:

1.  Only 2 decent QBs in remaining 6 games - Brady and Stafford.  

2.  Only 1 team is even a top 16 D, the JAGS are 3rd best D.

3.  Only 1 team in Top 16 O, the Pats at #10. No top Running backs to face so Bills D can force a one-dimensional game.

That being said, I think we play Allen in the last 6 and go 3-3 to finish 6-10.

I'm not sure why everyone just presumes starting Allen means losing more games. Yes, he's raw, but he was 2-2 in complete games against teams that might ALL make the playoffs, and left another game with a good chance to win. We've been an erratic team and might remain erratic, or we're coming together after 9 games with not one easy game (even the Colts on the road is a tough draw) and could get on a roll against teams that have been as much of a mess as we have been.

14 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I legitimately have absolutely no idea how the next four games will turn out.  I'm more optimistic than I was a week ago but I also wouldn't be stunned if we got utterly destroyed by the Jags.  Somehow I also wouldn't be stunned if we won easily.  I've never seen a Bills team this hard to predict.

Yeah, I generally agree. Jags are nosediving and are clearly not the team everybody expected them to be. However, it would just figure if Marrone got it together in two weeks and beat us handily. Who knows, but I could definitely see a 5-1 finish if the offensive line continues to improve and QB play is adequate.

I picked a Jags-Vikings Super Bowl, so it would feel crazy if we beat both those teams. 

35 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

All four games are winnable. I'll never root for high draft picks. McBeane says they're not tanking. Prove it.

I think they absolutely proved that this weekend.  No one around here should even suggest we are trying to tank.  They came out firing, trick plays, going big.  They went out there to smash that team and never once took the foot off the pedal until the game was out of reach.  

It was always nonsense that people believed they were intentionally trying to lose.  Our team isnt very talented on the offensive side of the ball and had had a barrage of injuries to the QB.  We were losing cuz we just couldn’t get enough offense going and that was magnified once Allen got hurt.  

This is not the offense they are building, this is the offense they had to field as a result of dead cap space from cleaning up the cap and also mauevering to get two top prospects in the first round in one draft.

This next year will be about rebuilding the OL and skill positions in Offense.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

This team is inconsistent with the "showing up" part and that's what makes prognosticating these games difficul for me.  They tend to show up after getting embarassed.  They get mad and play accordingly.  I never saw McCoy run like he did yesterday all year.  

The catch is McDermott has yet to figure out how to keep the team collectively Clubber Lang-level focused for every game.  

With this team, you can tell from the first series whether they are flat or playing with a purpose.  

They "can" beat all of those teams with Barkley and/or Allen.  There are no Saints or Rams in that schedule.  

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

God please no. That would be the WORST thing that could possibly happen.

I want this suckiness to actually be rewarded with a high draft pick not picking 14th or 15th when we should be 3rd.

You realize that if we do somehow win 4 in a row that it might mean we are not as bad as originally thought and might not need to tank for a top pick. And maybe easier to attract Free Agents...

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, MJS said:

You have your priorities seriously messed up.

That I want them to get a chance at better players during a down year? 

9 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You realize that if we do somehow win 4 in a row that it might mean we are not as bad as originally thought and might not need to tank for a top pick. And maybe easier to attract Free Agents...

Free Agents go where the money is mostly. I think that is way overblown.

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

that you think losing is a way to improve.

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Free Agents go where the money is mostly. I think that is way overblown.

I think you are wrong. A quality FA will get multiple offers, money not likely the only factor.

59 minutes ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

I legitimately have absolutely no idea how the next four games will turn out.  I'm more optimistic than I was a week ago but I also wouldn't be stunned if we got utterly destroyed by the Jags.  Somehow I also wouldn't be stunned if we won easily.  I've never seen a Bills team this hard to predict.

Exactly what I was thinking, just like last year.  We win the games we should/need to lose and get trounced in games I thought we at least had a shot.  Most Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde team ive ever seen.  

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Allen would need to start for us to have a chance to win these games.

Why?  Yesterday showed that a pedestrian effort at QB will win a game given our defense.  Not every game will go so smoothly for a QB and the ground game most likely will not rack up the yards like they did yesterday but we could still win games on average by 7-10 points or more.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Anybody wanna sign up for 7-7 heading to Foxboro?

As I said in another thread, all of our remaining games are winnable.  If our defense keeps playing strong , and if we can have even an average offense, we should be in most games.  Hopefully, by the time we play the Patriots, they will be resting players for the playoff push....who knows what can happen?

We could finish 8-8, but that would mean we win all the games texcept vs the Pats, and that won't most likely happen.  A 6 or 7 win season would be respectable.

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

1 win against a bad team and the TSW goes from saying the Bills will be 2-14 a week ago, to 7-7 and possibly making a playoff run.

Got to love the highs and lows of a NFL season:)

lol it’s quite comical.. Same people last week saying 3-13 are calling for playoffs with Matt Barkley.  Unreal 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Why?  Yesterday showed that a pedestrian effort at QB will win a game given our defense.  Not every game will go so smoothly for a QB and the ground game most likely will not rack up the yards like they did yesterday but we could still win games on average by 7-10 points or more.

We wont be playing the Jets every week.

Bill's have a 0.03 percent chance to make the playoffs. They lose almost all tie breakers.

56 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

I'm not sure why everyone just presumes starting Allen means losing more games. Yes, he's raw, but he was 2-2 in complete games against teams that might ALL make the playoffs, and left another game with a good chance to win. We've been an erratic team and might remain erratic, or we're coming together after 9 games with not one easy game (even the Colts on the road is a tough draw) and could get on a roll against teams that have been as much of a mess as we have been.

Allen is not the only guy playing for Bills.  If he were to start I believe the Patriots and Jags would be able to scheme against Bills effectively and Bills would be unable to score vs Pats and Jags.  As for the other 4 games, I see a split with Fins, take second from Jets and a win vs Lions at home.  

Allen would then be 5-5 in games started and finished as a rookie.  Kelly went 4-12.  So 5-5 would be an OK mark in my book.