Wyatt Teller: Pancake Papi

1 hour ago, The Process said:

My thought exactly......how can anyone (besides us posters) miss that talent for half a season?

Not every rookie is ready to play on opening day. It takes time. Perhaps they did a good job preparing him and when he finally played, he was ready.

49 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Dawkins/Teller should be set for the next 8 years on the left side of the O-line. Unfortunately we need starters at the other 3 positions.

If you're handing out 8 year contracts based on beating the jets, how about inking Barkley long term, Logan Thomas...

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Not every rookie is ready to play on opening day. It takes time. Perhaps they did a good job preparing him and when he finally played, he was ready.

If you're handing out 8 year contracts based on beating the jets, how about inking Barkley long term, Logan Thomas...

Deal, done.

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

He did well. Don't want to jump to conclusions because we have had these moments with other players before, but holy hell, can we stop with the coach favoritism on this team? We got Vlad Suckasse shoved down our throats for 2 years and finally he gets replaced and boom. Night and day.

McDumbnuts finally benches Peterman (yeah, shocker, bench the worst QB of all time) and the offense looks acceptable. 

I never understood Teller being regulated to the bench by the coaches (OL is one of the positions I know a little bit about) and I saw the potential from day one of training camp......I dont put a lot of stock in the combine because it not real football.......

Teller has it.....he is mobile...powerful.....and likes to finish guys.

PPL are hoping they found the next cog.....I present that we actually got the cog that was getting on in years...Teller is a ROOKIE and can be a foundation of this offensive line for years....he is that guy that keeps getting better and then i worthy of a decent contract when it is time.....pairing him with Dawkins looks like it could work out.

I would NOT just consider the OL finished......I would still draft one.....I would still sign a free agent for the RG spot.  

Beans last 2 drafts are actually not looking that bad

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I never understood Teller being regulated to the bench by the coaches (OL is one of the positions I know a little bit about) and I saw the potential from day one of training camp......I dont put a lot of stock in the combine because it not real football.......

PPL are hoping they found the next cog.....I present that we actually got the cog that was getting on in years...Teller is a ROOKIE and can be a foundation of this offensive line for years....he is that guy that keeps getting better and then i worthy of a decent contract when it is time.....pairing him with Dawkins looks like it could work out.

I would NOT just consider the OL finished......I would still draft one.....I would still sign a free agent for the RG spot.  

He was a disaster in pass protection in the preseason, both in games and in camp. That combined with the sheer amount of playbook digestion required of a rookie OLman and it's perfectly understandable why it took him a while to be inserted into the lineup. 

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

God, I would hope not. I can't imagine anyone would.

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Beane's only had one draft fwiw. As for Teller, give him time to establish himself as that type of player first. We still have no idea how his development will go, but I'm thrilled for it to be trending positively.

This guy is a late round rookie and by any NFL average standard wouldn't see the field this year. Our OL play has been atrociously below average which has led to him seeing time this year. He's an absolute monster in the run game, but his pass pro still needs much work against the NFL stunts and blitzes, but he's shown he can handle himself for the most part. His footwork still needs work in pass pro, and needs to work on his recovery/switches, but otherwise has shown the framework for potential. For him to be playing, at all, is remarkable and says a lot about our team at present. And for him to be playing as well as he is right now given that context is nothing short of amazing.

Our OL is by no way or means set after one full game from a 5th round rookie. But if we do end up hitting on him, what a blessing it could be.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He was a disaster in pass protection in the preseason, both in games and in camp. That combined with the sheer amount of playbook digestion required of a rookie OLman and it's perfectly understandable why it took him a while to be inserted into the lineup. 

I disagree that he was a disaster in pass protection he had a handful of plays where he missed assignments (like ANY of our guards were actually looking good)

One thing he always did since he hit the bills ground running was own ppl in run blocking....I present that he was no worse then either Decausse or Miller and he could have used the previous games of this season to improve his game under live fire......

Its fine.....we were not doing anything this year and he is now on the field.....I am happy because we have him for a while.....now they need to improve the rest of the OL

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I disagree that he was a disaster in pass protection he had a handful of plays where he missed assignments (like ANY of our guards were actually looking good)

One thing he always did since he hit the bills ground running was own ppl in run blocking....I present that he was no worse then either Decausse or Miller and he could have used the previous games of this season to improve his game under live fire......

Its fine.....we were not doing anything this year and he is now on the field.....I am happy because we have him for a while.....now they need to improve the rest of the OL

I didn't do a deep dive or anything, but I did like Teller's base and punch the couple times I noticed him. When Teller wasn't in the mix to start at the beginning of the season I just assumed he didn't have a good grasp of his assignments which normally is a playing time killer. It would be nice if they can find a couple more interior lineman like him late in the 2019 draft, that's for sure.