Wyatt Teller: Pancake Papi

It seems Juan wants Juan's boys … Obviously when your OL coach impacts who plays and how they play.

If we are looking for a change that is overdue with the Bills it is in the person coaching the OL but didn't Teller look awesome yesterday (Albeit it was the Jets.) doing things VLAD never does.  Let's see what he does against the Jag's line but having a solid guard next to him can only elevate Dawkins game.

Everybody keepo saying it was jsut the Jets, but they have a good D, and their D-line its really good. 

I didn´t pay much attention to the o-line yesterday, but if it didin´t pup up it means they played really good. No stupid penalties, good run game and enough time to pass. I think they all play good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, shoretalk said:

It seems Juan wants Juan's boys … Obviously when your OL coach impacts who plays and how they play.

If we are looking for a change that is overdue with the Bills it is in the person coaching the OL but didn't Teller look awesome yesterday (Albeit it was the Jets.) doing things VLAD never does.  Let's see what he does against the Jag's line but having a solid guard next to him can only elevate Dawkins game.

You posted this AFTER the team elevated Teller to the starting role?

Teller seemed to have a really good preseason, so I've been hoping they would let him play. Good to see that they finally gave him a shot and that he played well. It would be a huge boost if next off-season we don't have to address starting LG.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Antonio said:

Everybody keepo saying it was jsut the Jets, but they have a good D, and their D-line its really good

I didn´t pay much attention to the o-line yesterday, but if it didin´t pup up it means they played really good. No stupid penalties, good run game and enough time to pass. I think they all play good. 

Not to detract from this but the Jets DL is most certainly not good anymore. Always watch the Jets games with a buddy of mine who is a Jets fan and one thing I asked him is "guy, what happened to your DL? Our OL is not this good." To which he said with the exception of Leonard Williams, they don't generate a pass rush and only do well on runs with 7/8 man boxes. Since losing Mo Wilk, they've lost an identity upfront, but more importantly he said Bowles isn't getting the job done and his seat is one of the hottest in the league. Again, he isn't an expert, but just from being with them week in and out, I saw what he was saying.

I think the OL played well yesterday, and I'm just as excited to watch Teller's All-22 to see if we hit something there. But either way, let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

Edited by ctk232

He did well. Don't want to jump to conclusions because we have had these moments with other players before, but holy hell, can we stop with the coach favoritism on this team? We got Vlad Suckasse shoved down our throats for 2 years and finally he gets replaced and boom. Night and day.

McDumbnuts finally benches Peterman (yeah, shocker, bench the worst QB of all time) and the offense looks acceptable. 

Outstanding debut as a starter to say the least. It helped that the offense was in manageable down/distance most of the game and the defense had to respect that. 

Not sure I understand the criticism for not starting him earlier. While his run blocking has always been strong, he was a mess in pass protection in preseason and it was obvious he needed work in that area. And the shear amount of learning and playbook study required for an OLman, especially for rookies, is a lot to absorb as well. Looks like his technique has improved greatly; certainly enough to earn the coaches' confidence moving forward. As much as we want to castigate Castillo, his work with Teller and the improvement seen would suggest he's not as clueless a coach as we might think. 

• Like (+1) 2