2019 Offensive Line

Dadonkadonk

6 hours ago, PIZ said:

How did Jeremiah Sirles do yesterday?  I saw he was in the game.

I can’t say overall, but there was one play where he touched nothing but air, then found himself flat on the ground. I’m still not sure how that happened.   ?

9 hours ago, njbuff said:

Dawkins and, maybe Teller (if he continues to improve) should the only returning starters.

FA should bring in two new starters and a high draft choice (1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder) should ring in another starter.

I'd agree with this, one high tier FA, and maybe a 2nd who's not quite as high paid, then draft a RT or guard in 2nd round. 

Don't completely rule our Ike B and Conor M for next season either.  At a minimum they could be your 6th and 7th guys, first off off the bench.

3 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I always wondered if this could be an option.......

I think its could be an option at least. Mills is a big nasty guy. He is good at Run blocking, just worried about his height and leverage at RG. But why not give it a chance. We can really improve this O-line with these moves and fingers crossed Teller pans out at LG. I think Dawkins is a solid player and he will continue to improve. 

Who will be the best Center in Free Agency this Year? How much will that cost?

If Oakland is looking to keep shedding salary, I'm happy to flip them a 3rd for either of their guards.

Beyond that, go after Daryl Williams and Ramon Foster in FA. Draft a center in the mid rounds.

You go into next offseason with a starting 5 of Dawkins-Osemele-Bodine-Foster-Williams with Teller and a rookie backing up.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

One other thought on the OL for now. 

I do like Ike Boettger and I hope we see him work in at RG soon. I know he played guard and tackle at Iowa and projects as a guard. I'm curious if he can play center. He's about the same size as Mitch Morse, who was a tackle at Missouri and converted to center. Juan Castillo oversaw the conversion of Ryan Jensen from a right tackle to a center, and he  just got a boatload of money from Tampa this offseason.  

Ike is a converted tight end, so we know he is athletic and he is also smart. Again, it's just an idea, but I'm curious to see if it's something that could happen here.  

Boettger really had some nice plays in preseason against the opposing scrubs.    interested to see him get some PT rest of the way.

• Like (+1) 1

DRAFT: 

Rd 1: J Williams - OT - Alabama

Rd 2: D. Risner - C - Kansas St. 

No longer w/ Bills: Groy, Miller, Mills  (free agents not resigned) 

2019 Starting Line:  

LT: Williams

LG: Dawkins

Center: Risner

RG: Teller

RT: FA Signing 

Backup: Duccase, Bodine, Siries 

Edited by Bills Oil Company

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

Dawkins and, maybe Teller (if he continues to improve) should the only returning starters.

FA should bring in two new starters and a high draft choice (1st, 2nd or 3rd rounder) should ring in another starter.

I'm not sure I want Dawkins back at LT.  He gets bullrushed way too much.    I think I'd move him around too.   If they keep him at LT fine, but they will need to chip for the better pass rushers.   

I don't think Castillo is gone after the season, so this may be a moot point 

6 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They need three new starters.  The issue with Ducasse wasn't just his lack of push - he has a penchant for taking his own guys out of the play on running plays.  I can't count how many times I saw him barreling into Bodine or Miller, blowing up the running play before it even started.  He is a disgrace.  Miller is replacement-level and seems to  have lost some mobility - honestly he seems out of shape to me.  And Mills is good for 2-5 negative plays per game, which is just too many.  Finally, if they can upgrade the pivot they should do it - they've somehow gotten by with Bodine for most of the year but he's not the long-term answer.  He's a solid enough backup but that's it.  They need 3 athletic, intelligent linemen - give me three more Dawkins or Tellers and I'll be good.  Look what the Colts were able to do rebuilding their line this year - it makes a huge difference between winning and losing.

Yep totally agree. I just wouldn't throw Mills out without knowing I had an upgrade. Because while I agree he makes a few mistakes per game he is not a "makes every play worse" type of guy. He is a bottom 5 starting right tackle. The risk is you let him go and end up starting a Newhouse type who is a bad backup. So re-sign Mills for a year on a cheap deal then try and get a replacement. 

8 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I want OL to be the focus of the draft next year. Sign veteran WR's. Get a OT, OG, and C with our 1st 3 picks. 

Then draft a WR in round 1 in 2020. 

What veteran receivers?

THere are some veteran OG and OC that are free agents this next offseason....I see hardly anything of value for WR in this area?

No I would upgrade the OL through free agency.....a guy like Saffold.....and draft offensive weapons early and often in this draft