2019 Offensive Line

Dadonkadonk

Miller is still up and down.  He is a FA at the end of the year.  Anyone bring him back?  I've always liked him as a player.  I think it is telling that they sat Ducasse.  

If Miller is brought back and Teller shows he can play the part, it is one or two holes that don't need to be filled in the off-season.  Mid to low round OL that are average or above average are salary cap savers.  Spend some money or a high pick on C and TE.  Hell even Mills is adequate. But again he is a FA to be.  At this point I probably bring back Miller over Mills.  

Thoughts?

Miller has definitely outperformed Ducasse this year. Ducasse can pass block.... but he gets absolutely zero run game push. Miller has been probably the second most consistent member of our line after Dawkins (who has had his struggles but has been our best lineman) that said I wouldn't advocate bringing him back. Mills I still might bring back on another cheap one year deal. He is a bottom if the barrell starting right tackle but he is a starting right tackle. He is a guy you only move on from when you have an upgrade in my opinion because it can get a lot worse at the spot. I'd try and re-sign him before FA starts and then still target a replacement in FA. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Miller has definitely outperformed Ducasse this year. Ducasse can pass block.... but he gets absolutely zero run game push. Miller has been probably the second most consistent member of our line after Dawkins (who has had his struggles but has been our best lineman) that said I wouldn't advocate bringing him back. Mills I still might bring back on another cheap one year deal. He is a bottom if the barrell starting right tackle but he is a starting right tackle. He is a guy you only move on from when you have an upgrade in my opinion because it can get a lot worse at the spot. I'd try and re-sign him before FA starts and then still target a replacement in FA. 

Agree with all you said here GB. I think Miller is serviceable, sure, if there was a top RG available via free agency or the draft, go for it. I think what we have now in all three spots is serviceable, but if you can upgrade, I suggest the priorities of need/want are (1) = Center, (2) = RT, (3) = RG.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I saw Miller on his back a few times today and he hasn't been good all year, he has to go, rather have Groy out there.

This and RT should be upgraded and probably center as well- really depends on what we can get.I

Miller doesn't finish his blocks, he does well initially on a  play, controls his assignment and then gets embarrased by a double move. For instance, on the play Teller gets praised by the commentators, he walls his man off and then he drives him to the ground. On a similar play, Miller does this to the DL initially, a hole is created, but it quickly disappears on a DL double move. Miller ends up on the ground.

Miller needs to keep his feet moving in the running game and play with more nastiness.

Good thing about the OL, is that I saw every guy playing some, Groy endeed the game at OG (for Miller) Sirles was on the field that I could see, but he surrender the only sack on Barkley.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I saw Miller on his back a few times today and he hasn't been good all year, he has to go, rather have Groy out there.

This and RT should be upgraded and probably center as well- really depends on what we can get.I

Groy is terrible!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Groy is terrible!

as OC, he was terrible, maybe in his last chance to start in the league he can settle down and take the  OG position or be the back-up next year, given that I don't see Miller being re-signed.

Edited by Fixxxer
  • Like (+1) 1

Miller will look a lot better with a good C and RT around him.  Sign him if he's relatively cheap and upgrade down the line, as there are other priorities for now. 

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

How did Jeremiah Sirles do yesterday?  I saw he was in the game.

I saw him totally whiff on one play.. might have been the sack? Can't say, other than that. 

Beane has always said that you build a team through the defensive and offensive lines.  I don’t know which strategy he’ll employ in the offseason but I expect some significant new additions to the O-line.   I think 3 of 5 end up getting upgraded.  I also think they’ll end up drafting DL, probably a new DE as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

Beane has always said that you build a team through the defensive and offensive lines.  I don’t know which strategy he’ll employ in the offseason but I expect some significant new additions to the O-line.   I think 3 of 5 end up getting upgraded.  I also think they’ll end up drafting DL, probably a new DE as well.

During the Super Bowl Years, 90 - 93 the Bills were defeated by big, fast, and physical lines - Giants, Skins, and Cowboys; great post - you win up front!