A Few Thoughts about the Jets Game, In no particular order

Virgil

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

We have to credit the OL for the way they played today.  They dominated the line of scrimmage and gave enough time for Barkley to set his feet and throw...something they had not shown in the past several weeks.   This also opened up the holes for the running game which McCoy and MUrphy took advantage.   For one game, this OL looked outstanding. They came to play.  Can they show this consistency game in game out.

Coaches finally put Teller in there and he mostly did a great job. Very interested to see if he continues his strong play.

Foster made a catch that a pro should make.  He had a step on the DB and the pass was perfect.  Sorry very little adjustment and the pass was where it should be.  Give me a yard and I too better catch it.

I was impressed he adjusted on his third catch and watched the ball the entire way and came back.

You see those every week and expect the catch to be made.

Some good comments.  

Regarding Barkley, it's not being talked about how (i think) he purposely under-threw some deep balls.  It gave the WR's a perfect chance to track the ball, stop, and outleap the defender.  Brady does this alot and I hope Allen can learn something from that.   I'd keep Barkley as the starter at least for the Jacksonville game.  The last two home games were stinkers.  Give the O a chance to keep it going.  It's inevitable that Barkley will falter and have a bad game or half.  At that point transition over to Josh Allen for the remainder of the season.

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Some good comments.  

Regarding Barkley, it's not being talked about how (i think) he purposely under-threw some deep balls.  It gave the WR's a perfect chance to track the ball, stop, and outleap the defender.  Brady does this alot and I hope Allen can learn something from that.   I'd keep Barkley as the starter at least for the Jacksonville game.  The last two home games were stinkers.  Give the O a chance to keep it going.  It's inevitable that Barkley will falter and have a bad game or half.  At that point transition over to Josh Allen for the remainder of the season.

I think it's a generous stretch to say that he purposely under-threw those passes...

Yes, it's the Jets, but there are a few reasons to be optimistic about next year. 

• This team has not quit on the coaches. They all looked fired up and ready to play. 
  • Yes, it's McCown but this Defense is pretty damn good, with most players improving each week.
  • Levi seemed to lose containment on the touchdown but it's encouraging he wasn't picked on either. 
  • Best game by the offensive line.
  • Teller appeared to give the line added toughness and aggressiveness.  Would be nice we could pencil him as a starter next year. 
  • The emergence of Foster. I thought for sure he simply didn't know how to be a receiver but at least for one game he's proved me wrong. 
  • McKenzie is a nice pickup. A great deal of speed and toughness, though his decisiveness and confidence was the most refreshing. 
  • Hat tip to Daboll and Offensive Coaches for having Barkley ready to play. 
  • Milano is a very good player and has the potential to be a great one. 
  • Phillips was all over the place. 
  • Shaq Lawson continues to improve. Can almost count on him for one or two big plays. 
  • Big fan of the fake punt even if it failed. The first down was great but demonstrating a will to win was even better. 
  • Star earned his money, he clogged the middle of the field.  
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Skins Malone said:

Very good post.  People can say what they want but i enjoyed the game and that's all that matters. I made a thread but no one seems to care...do you think panchos speech had an affect on the players?

Because there were multiple threads before yours about him addressing the team. 

And don’t say things about people caring, it sounds needy. 

that's fine if they did because Buffalo took full advantage.  Mike Greenberg said this morning that the game was a bigger blow-out than the score indicated which I agree with.  I'd have been concerned if Buffalo won 24-10 on a team that laid down.

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

It sounds like the Jets laid down which is why I'm hesitant to get too excited

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/11/morris-claiborne-says-jets-laid-down-on-sunday/

2 hours ago, freddyjj said:

I concur with all you said here.  And two plays yesterday brought me to the same conclusion re: Benjamin.  

1. The dropped TD was obvious.  Do some hand strengthening exercises.  Roll to your left when falling and tuck the ball away from defender.
  2. In the 2nd half there was a medium throw to the sidelines and the Jets DB made a good play to deflect the ball.  It was in the air for 2-3 seconds and Benjamin made no effort to dive for it.   Keep mailing it in KB.  OD likely to keep him around for depth now but I'd cut him.  OBD likely to sign more FA's than lose so no need to worry about loss of compensatory draft pick.

Here's the thing about Benjamin:  He simply isn't a great athlete.   He's a big, tall guy with decent enough foot speed to have been a serious threat in college and, when everything goes right, to be a decent wideout in the NFL.  He isn't athletic enough or tough enough to be a good #1 receiver, but when things are going right, he can be useful.  The 2018 Bills need him to be a legit number 1 guy, and he's showing, week after week, that he can't be that guy.