Pancho Power

Skins Malone

Hey guys.

Do you guys think Panchos speech had an affect on today's game?  I know it may seem silly but the players really seem to respond to it. Zay Jones after the game...the break down to Pancho Power in the locker room.  Just to see how much the Bill's mean to him was special.

It's such an inspiring story.  Here's to Pancho!  Wish you nothing but the best.  Hope u beat it man.

Edited by Skins Malone
  • Like (+1) 5

Awesome speech he gave to the team.  Very sad and inspirational.

I would LOVE for the Buffalo Bills organization to put Pancho Billa on the wall.  Can you imagine how awesome that would be?

• Like (+1) 1

Probably not. It was a good speech to the players a day or two before the game. It wasn't like Davey Crockett's speech at the Alamo right before they were attacked or William Wallace's speech before charging the British. If the speech was seconds before kickoff or at halftime, I would say it may had some effect, but it wasn't

For all the frustrations the Buffalo Bills will give you, and for all the senseless drama the NFL will give you sometimes, these are the kinds of stories that truly make football special. When you see the Vets, or those suffering from crippling illnesses, or like Pancho struggling to cling to life, and football becomes the bond which ties us all together, it's amazing. 

Football is so much more than a game with 22 men on the field, it is about family, traditions and shared camaraderie among like minded people. From sons and daughters, to brothers and sisters, to neighbors and friends in the neighborhood and playing pick up games of football in the autumn leaves, it permeates our communities and becomes the talk among the water coolers, the friendly chiding of rivalries of friends, and the center point of television entertainment while dinner is cooking. It is just so much more than "a game", and I think it's great that the Bills gave him a venue to be a part of something bigger and more important that just one Sunday afternoon. I love football....for all those reasons. Go Bills!

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hard to say, had to hear what he said and if any of the players thought it was motivating.

here is speech in case you missed it.

Kleenex please, something in my eye warning

• Thank you (+1) 1