Start Josh Allen (healthy) or Matt Barkley?

TonyBeets

Who do you start?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Do you start Barkley or Allen?

• Barkley
    • Allen

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

To play devils advocate, what would be the purpose of winning possibly another game or so this year by starting a career 3rd stringer?

Its all about 2019 now. Give Allen the reps and get him more experience going into next year 

This is a valid argument 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I never really saw Improvement from him, this ain't a QB controversy I think it's just established he's not really getting a taste of real NFL games with his supporting caste so why not let him watch until Barkley pulls a Pete. Give Allen sophomore year with offense offesn and more offense his sophomore year. We'll have a really good how he stands as a QB talent if we put out this tire fire.

That’s exactly what I posted just before this post. I’m good either barkley or even Anderson starting the rest of the way unless and until they either crap the bed. Or just get so far ahead like today and Allen can come in for the 4th Q and mop up to get some reps 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Perhaps you haven't been watching the Bills the last few seasons?

Nobody is saying cut the guy... But I'm not getting too worked up over a meh day for the good QBs in this league.

Great compared to the awful play we've seen... Sure.

Barkley has a body of work in the league and it isn't great. Eventually guys catch the picks. Why waste valuable game time?

Barkley.  You can better assess the needs of the offense this coming offseason this way.  If there were fewer questions on that side of the ball then maybe Allen.  Right now we know that McDermott has the defense in back of him so I would hate to risk having them quit on him by going back to an impotent O.  More to this than building up Allen currently.  The Bills get to a point where they are mathematically eliminated from playoffs then put Allen in by all means.  With any luck that won't happen until December.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Barkley. If he plays well again, and the offense scores like a normal NFL offense, stick with him

There’s something to be said for this too. If the rest of the offense looks competent again against the jags with Barkley, that would make 3 solid QBs performances out of Barkley and Anderson. With Peterman and Allen struggling. It shows that they aren’t ready or are just plain bad. Hopefully Allen just isn’t ready and Peterman is just that bad. 

Either way, if the offense looks solid again under Barkley, you need to stay with him. Gives Allen more to look at as well. Gives him an idea of what a competent offense looks like. Instead of looking like the worst in the league. Not learning anything. And already getting down on his play even though he hasn’t taken the field in weeks. 

You can just tell and feel the difference like today makes. Before today we were not talking about winning another game all year. Now all the sudden we put up over 200 passing with 2 TDs and almost 200 rushing with multiple TDs. The defense was able to tee off on the Jets and do what they do. Everyone plays better. And that would help Allen as well when he actually gets in there. 

• Like (+1) 2

To me while Barkley played well it’s the equivalent of Peterman in the preseason. Everyone thought he looked great and then when it was for real against a legit D who isn’t playing to get their coach fired, he buckled. You have nothing additional to gain by starting Barkley. If Allen is healthy he goes. That’s my opinion. 

Either or at this point for me as long as they call an offense the way they did today.  I really don't think we have seen the type of play calling from Daboll all season that we have today.  Maybe he trusted Barkley more since he has more game experience but I feel like they have been just calling the safe plays for the majority of the season just to get Allen and Peterman the reps.

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

All that said, if they stick with Barkley I won't freak out but it'll just be a waste of reps for Allen IMO

That’s exactly it. It’s just a waste of time if Allen doesn’t see the field.

All about 2019 now so get allen all the experience possible at this point 

1 minute ago, MarkAF43 said:

To me while Barkley played well it’s the equivalent of Peterman in the preseason. Everyone thought he looked great and then when it was for real against a legit D who isn’t playing to get their coach fired, he buckled. You have nothing additional to gain by starting Barkley. If Allen is healthy he goes. That’s my opinion. 

It was a road game against a very good defense, in the division and the guy has only been on the team for 12 days. We scored 41 points and he threw more TDs in 15 completions then we have in the last 3 games

• Like (+1) 3