Start Josh Allen (healthy) or Matt Barkley?

TonyBeets

Who do you start?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Do you start Barkley or Allen?

• Barkley
    • Allen

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Super close for me and I'm fine either way, but I think it's 51% chance Barkley starts over 49% Allen.

Hard to justify benching Barkley after that game to the team and you can use the excuse of getting Allen fully healthy for one more game.

And truthfully, maybe the UCL injury could use the rest.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah that looks like he's got more than 2 weeks to recover.?

has to be Allen the franchise has too much invested in him to not start him if he was a healthy..a situation that could have been avoided if

they brought in competent qbs in training camp like bridgewater so allen could have the redshirt year he needed

If Allen is 100% recovered I would play him  only if the OL can play like against the Jets.

I sure hope Barkley is the answer for a good backup or dare I hope a starter here or good trade value in the future.

7 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Depends on what you want out of the season...are you trying to win or is your goal to give Allen experience?  There is no right or wrong answer...but your answer should depend on what you want out of this season.

That being said, I couldn’t care less either way...Go Bills!

Allen is 2-3 as a starter, he can help the team win, as was shown on the early games, not with his QB prowess but with his playmaking ability. Hopefully he can show some improvements in the passing game.

I think the next 6 games will be very important for him, Daboll and the direction of the offense. I don't want to enter next season with another OC, I want this unit to end the year with the arrow pointing up with the new QB.

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

There is wisdom in playing the "hit hand".  Start Barkley after the bye week.   If Barkley reverts back to his performance from previous seasons, start Allen the following week.  Allen could benefit from playing some mop up duty with less pressure on him.

Hot hand? One game does not qualify as a hot hand from my vantage point. Play Barkley for what purpose? Playoff race or future of the franchise?  It's neither of these.  What pressure is on Allen with the Bills sitting at 3-7?  None.  He needs to gain as much valuable experience as possible this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

Tough act to follow. Especially vs the Jags. He's going to get killed. What are you guys going to do after Allen has another 80 yard passing day? Especially after we saw what this offense could do with a competent QB. Can't go back to Barkley for the rest of the season at that point. Allen should be working on his footwork, learning to not throw while falling backwards, learn how to make quick decisions and release the ball quickly, learn how and when to throw with some touch. What's the hurry? Most experts didn't think he should have played at all this year and we saw why. Let him learn some more. He's not going to get better by throwing him to the wolves. At that point he's just in survival mode and he will quickly revert back to his poor mechanics because that's what he knows and what he's done his whole life. Unless jumping over guys is what you want out of your QB then Allen has a LONG way to go. Worst rated #1 QB in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1

I've been giving this some thought..... 

Best case scenario  - Start Barkley.   If he sucks put in Josh.

If they put in Josh and the O goes stagnant ....  it would be worse IMO.  

16 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

There is wisdom in playing the "hit hand".  Start Barkley after the bye week.   If Barkley reverts back to his performance from previous seasons, start Allen the following week.  Allen could benefit from playing some mop up duty with less pressure on him.

great minds think alike 

• Like (+1) 1