Start Josh Allen (healthy) or Matt Barkley?

TonyBeets

Who do you start?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Do you start Barkley or Allen?

• Barkley
    • Allen

Depends on what you want out of the season...are you trying to win or is your goal to give Allen experience?  There is no right or wrong answer...but your answer should depend on what you want out of this season.

That being said, I couldn’t care less either way...Go Bills!

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

Barkley personally. He's had the best game to date for a quarterback, doesn't know the playbook and I got frustrated not knowing jack from JA's 100/0/0 stat lines since he just can't (for good reason) operate this offense and I have no clue how good he is.. which is really the only reason I want to see him start. We got to know if he's a bust ASAP, and I don't see any further evaluation other than "well he has no help so who knooooows".

I want to see him play the cupcake Jets at home for sure.

Maybe Barkley's the same way against non cupcakes. I'd like to find out.

More importantly I want the defense to play meaningful 3rd quarters if Barkley can get us there so I want to see if he can do that.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

Allen. Starting a career backup journeyman makes no sense to me with the Bills sitting at 3-7.  Allen's continued development is paramount in 2018 with on-field expereince the best way to accelerate his learning curve after the break he's already had. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Was waiting for this thread...the answer is, one decent start does not a QB controversy make (at least it shouldn’t). JA is the future. We need to see what we’ve got, so we can plan accordingly. Also, Frank Reich was a backup beast back in the day, a consistent winner off the bench, but no one in their right mind would’ve said sit JK when healthy. Reason being, the physical skill set was widely different and the Bills knew Kelly’s arm was the more dangerous, consistent weapon all in all. 

• Like (+1) 3

I’m Voting Barkley. But that’s only until he faulters. If he starts looking like Peterman, then kick Allen or Anderson into the game. 

They now finally have the opportunity to do what they started out hoping for and that’s Allen learning this season. If he was healthy today I would have liked to see him in there in the 4th Q to get some reps. 

So eother were we’re winning big and he gets in and plays, or Barkley or Anderson looks so terrible you have to pull them. In that case were down big and Allen should play then too. But in no way should he play when there’s a meaningful down to him. Get in there and get reps. Learn the game and that’s it. 

6 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Depends on what you want out of the season...are you trying to win or is your goal to give Allen experience?  There is no right or wrong answer...but your answer should depend on what you want out of this season.

That being said, I couldn’t care less either way...Go Bills!

To play devils advocate, what would be the purpose of winning possibly an additional game or so this year by starting a career 3rd stringer?

Its all about 2019 now. Give Allen the reps and get him more experience going into next year 

Edited by billsfan11

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Allen. Starting a career backup journeyman makes no sense to me with the Bills sitting at 3-7.  Allen's continued development is paramount in 2018 with on-field expereince the best way to accelerate his learning curve after the break he's already had. 

I cannot argue with this however. I’m really good either way. But at this point now, I just assume bringing him along more slowly and let him learn a few more things 

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I cannot argue with this however. I’m really good either way. But at this point now, I just assume bringing him along more slowly and let him learn a few more things 

I never really saw Improvement from him, this ain't a QB controversy I think it's just established he's not really getting a taste of real NFL games with his supporting caste so why not let him watch until Barkley pulls a Pete. Give Allen sophomore year with offense offesn and more offense his sophomore year. We'll have a really good how he stands as a QB talent if we put out this tire fire.