Looks like we have some building blocks on offense!

JerseyBills

45 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

We have a TON to fill! We played cupcakes. You said Zay, Shady, Dawkins, and Allen. Zay's a #2, Foster's a rotational player that's at least shown starting potential (against a cupcake in 1 game) we still need a solid young RB soon to replace Shady (although I like Murphy), Dawkins is decent, Allen is the wildcard that's less a building block and more a guy needing building blocks to show he can play.

Like we need a bonafide #1 WR, another WR for depth. Probably another WR lol. A Bunch of O Line.. we need a lot dude. Nothing changed this one game other than Foster having a good game. These were always our building blocks.

First off, The Jets invested heavily in their secondary this off-season and added some big names to a unit with some young studs. Going into yesterday their passing defense was 10th in ints. 13th in yards and 13th in passing TD. Above average. Their defense on a whole was 15th in points and 13th in yards. Slightly above average. And they were HOME.

So your cupcake comments are ridiculous. Did you watch Shady with an actual passing game? He looks like he might have gained a step! That spin was just amazing. 

Why so negative? There is 6 more games left . These guys are young , some need more time than others. Just pointing out these young guys played very well against an above average D, on the ROAD.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

First off, The Jets invested heavily in their secondary this off-season and added some big names to a unit with some young studs. Going into yesterday their passing defense was 10th in ints. 13th in yards and 13th in passing TD. Above average. Their defense on a whole was 15th in points and 13th in yards. Slightly above average. And they were HOME.

So your cupcake comments are ridiculous. Did you watch Shady with an actual passing game? He looks like he might have gained a step! That spin was just amazing. 

Why so negative? There is 6 more games left . These guys are young , some need more time than others. Just pointing out these young guys played very well against an above average D, on the ROAD.

You are right on all counts.  The Bills offense performed well today against a competent defense.  It was fun to watch.

But the worries are...

*  What's up with the OL?  They played well today.   Was it Teller?  The scheme & play-calling?  Or just an anomalous good game?

*  Who's the QB?  Barkley played well today but his career stats are unimpressive so we're still wondering if Josh Allen can be a franchise QB or not.  The jury's still out.

*  Who's the RB?  Shady played well today but he's not getting any younger.  

*  Who's going to catch the ball?  KB continues to disappoint and Zay - while improving - still needs to prove he deserves to be a NFL starter.

There are enough questions that we need Beane to draft well and spend all that cap money wisely on some offensive help.  

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Everybody and their mother knows the O will likely go through an overhaul this off-season, with nearly 90 mil to play with and a fantastic defense that doesn't need much  , they can focus on OL , WR/TE and backup QB. 

Allen , Shady , Zay and Dawkins looked like the only locks to be starting next year. If Foster can be consistent , looks like we got our deep threat and at the very Least , a depth WR we can rely on for the future. He missed a cpl bombs by Allen earlier in the year, so the staff knew he had the potential. Looks like he's been working hard at his game and looked much improved today. Wonderful sign 

I noticed Zays improvement in September. He wasn't getting many touches, but I instantly noticed improved route running ability, awareness and his case of the yips seems to have passed. He has legit #2 WR written all over him and if he can continue to improve can be a real asset going forward . So it'd be great to have two young WR we feel confident in going forward and gives us  more flexibility in FA and the draft. Great sign for both today , adding a glimmer of hope to what has been a disasterous group. Zays route running is really becoming a strength of his and has been impressive to watch all year.

Then we got Teller , who I assume will start the rest of the year. He looked great to me today. The whole OL played fantastic as a whole but alot of the big runs looked like they came on his side , as he looked to be mauling defenders . I'm not going to proclaim anything after one start, but Teller looked super impressive and it'd be awesome if he continues to play at a high level, as that'd shore up the left side of the line for a couple years minimum and take a need off the board. He looks like he has very high potential , he's massive and agile and plays fierce, I think him and Dawkins will be on that left side for a long time.

It was just refreshing and encouraging to see 2 rookies play at a very high level in their longest action of the year, on the road, against a pretty good defense. If these 3 can consistently play like this is (I personally think Zay has proven all year he could, just never got touches), it just gives us much more flexibility in a big time off season for the Bills. 

definitely nice to see some development as it would have been hard to replace most of the offense. 

I still want OT Jonah Williams in the first and then a new Guard and Center  where ever Beane can acquire them.

Not worried about RB , having a good line takes care of this.

Definitely NEED a stud TE

and two WRs.