Looks like we have some building blocks on offense!

JerseyBills

Everybody and their mother knows the O will likely go through an overhaul this off-season, with nearly 90 mil to play with and a fantastic defense that doesn't need much  , they can focus on OL , WR/TE and backup QB. 

Allen , Shady , Zay and Dawkins looked like the only locks to be starting next year. If Foster can be consistent , looks like we got our deep threat and at the very Least , a depth WR we can rely on for the future. He missed a cpl bombs by Allen earlier in the year, so the staff knew he had the potential. Looks like he's been working hard at his game and looked much improved today. Wonderful sign 

I noticed Zays improvement in September. He wasn't getting many touches, but I instantly noticed improved route running ability, awareness and his case of the yips seems to have passed. He has legit #2 WR written all over him and if he can continue to improve can be a real asset going forward . So it'd be great to have two young WR we feel confident in going forward and gives us  more flexibility in FA and the draft. Great sign for both today , adding a glimmer of hope to what has been a disasterous group. Zays route running is really becoming a strength of his and has been impressive to watch all year.

Then we got Teller , who I assume will start the rest of the year. He looked great to me today. The whole OL played fantastic as a whole but alot of the big runs looked like they came on his side , as he looked to be mauling defenders . I'm not going to proclaim anything after one start, but Teller looked super impressive and it'd be awesome if he continues to play at a high level, as that'd shore up the left side of the line for a couple years minimum and take a need off the board. He looks like he has very high potential , he's massive and agile and plays fierce, I think him and Dawkins will be on that left side for a long time.

It was just refreshing and encouraging to see 2 rookies play at a very high level in their longest action of the year, on the road, against a pretty good defense. If these 3 can consistently play like this is (I personally think Zay has proven all year he could, just never got touches), it just gives us much more flexibility in a big time off season for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Everybody and their mother knows the O will likely go through an overhaul this off-season, with nearly 90 mil to play with and a fantastic defense that doesn't need much  , they can focus on OL , WR/TE and backup QB. 

Allen , Shady , Zay and Dawkins looked like the only locks to be starting next year. If Foster can be consistent , looks like we got our deep threat and at the very Least , a depth WR we can rely on for the future. He missed a cpl bombs by Allen earlier in the year, so the staff knew he had the potential. Looks like he's been working hard at his game and looked much improved today. Wonderful sign 

I noticed Zays improvement in September. He wasn't getting many touches, but I instantly noticed improved route running ability, awareness and his case of the yips seems to have passed. He has legit #2 WR written all over him and if he can continue to improve can be a real asset going forward . So it'd be great to have two young WR we feel confident in going forward and gives us  more flexibility in FA and the draft. Great sign for both today , adding a glimmer of hope to what has been a disasterous group. Zays route running is really becoming a strength of his and has been impressive to watch all year.

Then we got Teller , who I assume will start the rest of the year. He looked great to me today. The whole OL played fantastic as a whole but alot of the big runs looked like they came on his side , as he looked to be mauling defenders . I'm not going to proclaim anything after one start, but Teller looked super impressive and it'd be awesome if he continues to play at a high level, as that'd shore up the left side of the line for a couple years minimum and take a need off the board. He looks like he has very high potential , he's massive and agile and plays fierce, I think him and Dawkins will be on that left side for a long time.

It was just refreshing and encouraging to see 2 rookies play at a very high level in their longest action of the year, on the road, against a pretty good defense. If these 3 can consistently play like this is (I personally think Zay has proven all year he could, just never got touches), it just gives us much more flexibility in a big time off season for the Bills. 

Encouraging but we will have to see if they hold up for the balance of the season.  

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Teller has some magic to him?

Seriously, pancakes over pancakes.Shady is thankful more than we are that Ducasse is outta there. He's like a mentally stable Incognito. ?playing very well

Couldn’t agree more. He jumped out in the pre-season to me and every week he was inactive I’d just get more angry. Been banging that drum all season. Teller is a beast

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ageed, the offense isn't the dumpster fire we thought it was.  Barkley isn't the second coming of Frank Reich, but with play like that I will not find seeing him in a Bills uniform for the foreseeable future.  A competent QB showed there is some talent in the offense.  We need to get JA back to see if we have our quarterback.

It’s definitely a comforting thought that not everyone in the supporting cast on O are a bunch of fruit stand proprietors dressed up as NFL starters—the less we have to turnover or plug through the draft/FA’s, the more we can focus on signing for depth, which is critical to future sustained success IMHO. 

Todays teams in the NFL lives and dies by the QB position. Today we got solid play out of Barkley. Thats really the jist of it all. Look at New England- they dont have alot of talent but Brady gives the squeeky wheel the grease. Lets hope Allen develops and Barkley stays solid. It could end up being a nice 1-2 punch.

• Like (+1) 1

We have a TON to fill! We played cupcakes. You said Zay, Shady, Dawkins, and Allen. Zay's a #2, Foster's a rotational player that's at least shown starting potential (against a cupcake in 1 game) we still need a solid young RB soon to replace Shady (although I like Murphy), Dawkins is decent, Allen is the wildcard that's less a building block and more a guy needing building blocks to show he can play.

Like we need a bonafide #1 WR, another WR for depth. Probably another WR lol. A Bunch of O Line.. we need a lot dude. Nothing changed this one game other than Foster having a good game. These were always our building blocks.

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

If I crush 30 beers next week does that count?

Depends...what kind of beer?

29 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

We have a TON to fill! We played cupcakes. You said Zay, Shady, Dawkins, and Allen. Zay's a #2, Foster's a rotational player that's at least shown starting potential (against a cupcake in 1 game) we still need a solid young RB soon to replace Shady (although I like Murphy), Dawkins is decent, Allen is the wildcard that's less a building block and more a guy needing building blocks to show he can play.

Like we need a bonafide #1 WR, another WR for depth. Probably another WR lol. A Bunch of O Line.. we need a lot dude. Nothing changed this one game other than Foster having a good game. These were always our building blocks.

Who is a cupcake on the Jets?