Saw an NFL Offense today - Not from an X & O's expert

Billsfan1972

20 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

That’s not the truth at all. 

Way more play actions on early downs, more jet sweeps to make the defence cover all parts of the field, more screens. There were even more things. I would have to watch the game again to completely refresh my memory 

Lol did the Bills sign some all pro players for yesterday’s game or something?

They fielded a team with a LOT more speed yesterday, and it clearly made a difference. Speed kills. 

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

What was the same about it? Curious to hear your assessment 

They do the same plays every week motions, spreading the field, same exact runs. Except the WRs got open against a horrible defense, the only difference was we had a speed receiver in the game finally.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

They fielded a team with a LOT more speed yesterday, and it clearly made a difference. Speed kills. 

Fair. I will agree to that. But hard to imagine the Bills went from averaging like 6 points a game in their past 3, to 41 against a good defence just by adding a bit of speed.

Players played better for sure. 

The speed helped to your point.

But the game plan and play calling was also way more creative/unpredictable, and he put the players in a way better position to succeed IMO

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair. I will agree to that. But hard to imagine the Bills went from averaging like 6 points a game in their past 3, to 41 against a good defence just by adding a bit of speed.

Players played better for sure. 

The speed helped to your point.

But the game plan and play calling was also way more creative/unpredictable, and he put the players in a way better position to succeed IMO

Speed yes matters, but running routes and passes to the right person at the right time helps too.  

No doubt better playcalling too.  Pretty easy to see that.  Oh and the Jets are bad.....

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

They do the same plays every week motions, spreading the field, same exact runs. Except the WRs got open against a horrible defense, the only difference was we had a speed receiver in the game finally.

I can’t say I saw many similarities at all

I have a tough time telling how much of our success was a result of an unmotivated Jets team.   I feel like when we saw our defense under Rex unmotivated they would give up 300 yards rushing. Jets just didn’t look like they had any fire. That said, I was ecstatic to see the Bills play well. Seemed like everyone knew what they were doing.

11 hours ago, B Fan in LA said:

Um, we beat the NY Jets...............a terrible team............with a new QB, who was sitting on his couch 2 weeks ago, unemployed........

and we should be thinking.................what ?....................playoffs ??

No. I think we should make the conscious decision to be angry and miserable.

That seems to be the logical conclusion.

15 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

He does... execution of said game plan is the problem.

He does not call a great game every week and has been highly predictable. My 8 year old knew what the Bills offense was going to do I’m pretty sure an NFL defense could figure it out. He did have a great game today though. Daboll gets weird and over thinks and ends up running the ball way to often thinking he is surprising someone.