The Best Team in the NFL is......

26CornerBlitz

What Team is the NFL's Best  

271 members have voted

1. 1. What Team is the NFL's Best

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Rams are my second team, so rooting for them.  That being said I’ve always liked Brees and if Rams don’t win it then its the Saints I would like to see win it and get Brees another title before he retires soon.  

But Rams secondary is weak.  So I’m skeptical they can get the job done in the playoffs against a team like the Saints.  And last year, as soon as the Rams had their high power passing attack slowed and stunted a bit, the team was a shell of what it had been and got bounced.  

So without Kupp, I fear they won’t have the firepower to keep up with Saints who already showed the Rams that their D won’t slow down that offense.  And if Saints end up with home field, then I think Rams are in real trouble.  

PS:  Don’t sleep on the Bears either.  Saints and Rams are top 2 in NFC, but Bears are nipping on their heels now that the offense has amped up.  Someone is gonna have to beat them and it won’t be an easy out.  

The more I think about it, the more questions I have on the rams d. Is the personel(sp)l really a fit for wade and his 3-4 concepts? I always thought suh was a better fit on a 4-3 defense. My initial thought was the front 4 should be able to pressure brees without much help from lbs and db blitzes. Now a 3-4 front would need help from olb or safety blitzes. Fowler might make a difference. That's why I will check back in a week or 2 to change my vote. Is that cheating? You are right about the rams secondary being weak.

Edited by Dopey

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

The more I think about it, the more questions I have on the rams d. Is the personel(sp)l really a fit for wade and his 3-4 concepts? I always thought suh was a better fit on a 4-3 defense. My initial thought was the front 4 should be able to pressure brees without much help from lbs and db blitzes. Now a 3-4 front would need help from olb or safety blitzes. Fowler might make a difference. That's why I will check back in a week or 2 to change my vote. Is that cheating? You are right about the rams secondary being weak.

Yeah I hear ya.  I keep hoping the Rams D will start clicking.  While Darnold is dominant, the secondary is porous and Brees already exploited it.  Thats the main issue, Brees gets the ball out fast and counters that stout DL, not to mention Kamara coming out of the backfield.  Who knows, next game cool be different, but in the Saints win over the Rams a couple weeks ago, Brees threw 4 TDs on their way to 45 points and Kamara thrashed them for 3 TDs too, 2 of them rushing on that DL.  Rams dont have the speed to keep up with Kamara nor the secondary to slow down Brees.  

Rams best shot is to win a shootout.  But without Kupp,  I am skeptical they can do that.  They lost by 10 with Kupp.  Game was closer than score suggests, and Rams had a legit shot to win it, but again that was with Kupp.  So as much as my heart wants to pick Rams, if I am keeping it real I think the Kupp loss knocks them down below the Saints and they are the favorite to reach SB.  

Couple dark horses, one from each conference:  Watch out for Bears in NFC (like I said before) and I think its foolish for people to sleep on Tenn in the AFC.  That D is playing pretty stout right now and Mariota and the offense are starting to make some big plays and opening up that running game.  These are the kinds of teams people dont want to play in the playoffs.  I think Chiefs are the deserving favorites at this point, and you can never count out the Pats...but this Tenn team is balling pretty tough right now.

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah I hear ya.  I keep hoping the Rams D will start clicking.  While Darnold is dominant, the secondary is porous and Brees already exploited it.  Thats the main issue, Brees gets the ball out fast and counters that stout DL, not to mention Kamara coming out of the backfield.  Who knows, next game cool be different, but in the Saints win over the Rams a couple weeks ago, Brees threw 4 TDs on their way to 45 points and Kamara thrashed them for 3 TDs too, 2 of them rushing on that DL.  Rams dont have the speed to keep up with Kamara nor the secondary to slow down Brees.  

Rams best shot is to win a shootout.  But without Kupp,  I am skeptical they can do that.  They lost by 10 with Kupp.  Game was closer than score suggests, and Rams had a legit shot to win it, but again that was with Kupp.  So as much as my heart wants to pick Rams, if I am keeping it real I think the Kupp loss knocks them down below the Saints and they are the favorite to reach SB.  

Couple dark horses, one from each conference:  Watch out for Bears in NFC (like I said before) and I think its foolish for people to sleep on Tenn in the AFC.  That D is playing pretty stout right now and Mariota and the offense are starting to make some big plays and opening up that running game.  These are the kinds of teams people dont want to play in the playoffs.  I think Chiefs are the deserving favorites at this point, and you can never count out the Pats...but this Tenn team is balling pretty tough right now.

I am curious to see if Pittsburgh rallies around each other even more now that Bell is history. I wouldn't count them out either.

• Like (+1) 2

2019 Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Fall While Chargers Rise, Saints Jump Above Rams in Simulation

Super Bowl LIII Odds

TEAM VEGAS SB% CONF% DIV% PLAYOFF
New Orleans Saints 11/4 20.98% 38.84% 95.1% 99%
Los Angeles Rams 11/4 17.47% 35.27% 98% 99%
New England Patriots 8/1 17.21% 31.26% 98% 99%
Kansas City Chiefs 9/2 16.58% 30.65% 81.3% 99%
Los Angeles Chargers 12/1 7.22% 14.26% 18.8% 98.5%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6/1 7.02% 13.98% 88.1% 92.7%
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea they immediately made that look stupid. I still think they are good though. 

They are good, in my top 6 but they are also the Chargers. I have Minnesota 6, and they are still the Vikings.

Chargers and Vikings are two of the Billsiest teams outside of WNY.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

They are good, in my top 6 but they are also the Chargers. I have Minnesota 6, and they are still the Vikings.

Chargers and Vikings are two of the Billsiest teams outside of WNY.

Yep. Particularly the Chargers. Once again one of the most talented rosters in football, but I have little confidence that they'll go anywhere in the playoffs (and it wouldn't be out of character for them to somehow miss the playoffs entirely)

• Like (+1) 1