3-7 and staying optimistic

A few young guys had impressive days out there. I know the Jets are a mess but to see Foster finally connect was awesome.  100 yard game out of a speed receiver is what this offense has been waiting for.  Zay Jones had his best day in a Bills uniform and has shown drastic improvement since last year.  Teller had a really encouraging first start showing his power with a pancake block.  The offensive line as a whole was better with a little shake up in personnel.  Marcus Murphy had a solid day.  Of course Milano keeps killing it out there and Dion Dawkins looking like a dancing bear with the fluid hips on his tuddy.  Shaq looking like the first round DE that we envisioned.  And Edmunds having a solid first year.  White...nuff said.  Sometimes a win over a ***** team is all it takes to give a young team their confidence back.  The young players that have shown success so far is really impressive to me.  The drafting just seems to look better and better as the weeks go on.  Hopefully we get to see more Allen out there and watch this young team develop over the next 6.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

A few young guys had impressive days out there. I know the Jets are a mess but to see Foster finally connect was awesome.  100 yard game out of a speed receiver is what this offense has been waiting for.  Zay Jones had his best day in a Bills uniform and has shown drastic improvement since last year.  Teller had a really encouraging first start showing his power with a pancake block.  The offensive line as a whole was better with a little shake up in personnel.  Marcus Murphy had a solid day.  Of course Milano keeps killing it out there and Dion Dawkins looking like a dancing bear with the fluid hips on his tuddy.  Shaq looking like the first round DE that we envisioned.  And Edmunds having a solid first year.  White...nuff said.  Sometimes a win over a ***** team is all it takes to give a young team their confidence back.  The young players that have shown success so far is really impressive to me.  The drafting just seems to look better and better as the weeks go on.  Hopefully we get to see more Allen out there and watch this young team develop over the next 6.  

Just gotta love to see draft picks working out. This is something that has absolutely crippled our teams for decades by not being able to build a team through the draft. 

If Allen turns into what we hope he will, this team can be a serious threat or legacy. Not a one and done team but perennial playoff team. 

2017 first 4 rounds look to be an outstanding draft class, something we aren't used too.

1st - Tre

2nd - Zay

3rd - Dion

4th - Milano

2018 is no joke either but needs more time

1st - Allen

1st - Edmunds

3rd - Phillips

4th - T.Johnson

5th - Neal

5th - Tellar

It starts with the drafts above. This is how the mid to late 80's went down. 

14 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Fans like you are why the Pegulas love owning the Buffalo Bills.  You and your money are right in their pocket!

:mellow:

This is 100% different than the poop in the past. If you don't see it that is on you sir.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Fans like you are why the Pegulas love owning the Buffalo Bills.  You and your money are right in their pocket!

:mellow:

If you can't take any positives out of this team you don't quite understand what this year was all about from the beginning.  Hink:  we have a lot of young players at key positions...development year is correct! The team lost a couple of solid offensive lineman in the offseason.  Tough to replace that in one year.  Teller looked great today...developement!  The defense has a ton of young players on it and they are currently ranked 1 or 2 in yards allowed per game.  Take a second and be happy at the positives of this team looking forward.  It's NEVER been about this year but this year is an extremely important one for the young players to develop.  

8 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Just gotta love to see draft picks work out. This is something that has absolutely crippled our teams for decades by not being able to build a team through the draft. 

If Allen turn into what we hope he will this team can be a serious threat or legacy. Not a one and done team in anyway but perennial playoff team. 

2017 first 4 rounds look to be an outstanding draft class, something we aren't used too.

1st - Tre

2nd - Zay

3rd - Dion

4th - Milano

2018 is no joke either but needs more time

1st - Allen

1st - Edmunds

3rd - Phillips

4th - T.Johnson

5th - Neal

5th - Tellar

This is 100% different than the poop in the past. If you don't see it that is on you sir.

It will be interesting to see if they can build around Allen now.  Next offseason will be another exciting one.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

If you can't take any positives out of this team you don't quite understand what this year was all about from the beginning.  Hink:  we have a lot of young players at key positions...development year is correct! The team lost a couple of solid offensive lineman in the offseason.  Tough to replace that in one year.  Teller looked great today...developement!  The defense has a ton of young players on it and they are currently ranked 1 or 2 in yards allowed per game.  Take a second and be happy at the positives of this team looking forward.  It's NEVER been about this year but this year is an extremely important one for the young players to develop.  

It will be interesting to see if they can build around Allen now.  Next offseason will be another exciting one.

I didn't think anything could get me very excited the rest of the season without Allen, but Barkley puts a whole new spin on the QB position that I did not see coming. 

Nice recovery Mc Beane... 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Figster said:

I didn't think anything could get me very excited the rest of the season without Allen, but Barkley puts a whole new spin on the QB position that I did not see coming. 

Nice recovery Mc Beane... 

Daboll doesn't look so bad now does he?  We got to see again what happens when we execute the gameplay on offense.  We saw a bit of it in Minnesota too.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

We have the easiest schedule in the NFL the rest of the year.  I fully expect this team to ***** up their draft order and win 3 more games

Top picks aren't automatic star players. Plenty fail every year.  Late first round picks sometimes outplay the top picks.  Say hi to Tre White. It's not all about where you pick.  Plus if they win a few games here that means our young guys must have continued to take steps forward.  Why tank?

19 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Who here doesn't deserve it?

not us, OBD

20 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Who here doesn't deserve it?

our fanbase is deserving of the Pats and Steeers SBs combined. A month long drunk parade ought to fill the void

10 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Top picks aren't automatic star players. Plenty fail every year.  Late first round picks sometimes outplay the top picks.  Say hi to Tre White. It's not all about where you pick.  Plus if they win a few games here that means our young guys must have continued to take steps forward.  Why tank?

Position no doubt is always a plus but, if you draft correctly like the last 2 years it doesn't matter as long as they contribute and develop into better than selected. 

if 2017 draft had a "do over" where does Milano and Dawkins fall? 1st and 2nd rounders? Early to say on T.Johnson  and Teller but both look like they should have been selected before the 4th and 5th rd this year.  It's early and I'm trying to keep the kool-aid away from the cup but I can't help to see the promise in these players we drafted the last couple years. 

Just refreshing and how you build a real team. 

Edited by Real McCoy

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

not us, OBD

our fanbase is deserving of the Pats and Steeers SBs combined. A month long drunk parade ought to fill the void

Because their back up QB sucked in replacement of the starter who got smashed on a late hit?  Please.  Allen was 2-2 as a starter don't forget.  Our record would be different with Allen in the whole time.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Because their back up QB sucked in replacement of the starter who got smashed on a late hit?  Please.  Allen was 2-2 as a starter don't forget.  Our record would be different with Allen in the whole time.  

we'd be sniffing .500 if we'd had a decent vet back up in camp

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Position no doubt is always a plus but, if you draft correctly like the last 2 years it doesn't matter as long as they contribute and develop into better than selected. 

if 2017 draft had a "do over" where does Milano and Dawkins fall? 1st and 2nd rounders? Early to say on T.Johnson  and Teller but both look like they should have been selected before the 4th and 5th rd this year.  It's early and I'm trying to keep the kool-aid away from the cup but I can't help to see the promise in these players we drafted the last couple years. 

Just refreshing and how you build a real team. 

Well I think there is a reason some fans don't like this regime because they like to build their own team through the draft and we haven't exactly drafted well in a very very long time.  Building through the draft takes a lot of hits in the later rounds as well as 1st rounders.  So I get where they are coming from but this regime is proven showed they can draft and develop talent on both sides of the ball so far.  There have been fewer picks on offense but Jones, Dawkins and Teller have all progressed so far.  Can't wait to see more of Teller.  He is exactly the type of player I want next to Dawkins.  Zay Jones is could end up with 500-700 yards and a few TDs this year, a year of eratic QB play.  That's really encouraging.  He's not a number one receiver by any means but he looks like a Robert Woods type contributor.  Someone we've missed.

6 minutes ago, stuvian said:

we'd be sniffing .500 if we'd had a decent vet back up in camp

They did and Peterman outperformed him in preseason.  It's easy to look back on and complain but Peterman was playing better than him at the time.  This is a development team that's got a top defense and just put up 41 points with a lot of young players stepping up.  You are allowed to have some positivity when you see players developing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Well I think there is a reason some fans don't like this regime because they like to build their own team through the draft and we haven't exactly drafted well in a very very long time.  Building through the draft takes a lot of hits in the later rounds as well as 1st rounders.  So I get where they are coming from but this regime is proven showed they can draft and develop talent on both sides of the ball so far.  There have been fewer picks on offense but Jones, Dawkins and Teller have all progressed so far.  Can't wait to see more of Teller.  He is exactly the type of player I want next to Dawkins.  Zay Jones is could end up with 500-700 yards and a few TDs this year, a year of eratic QB play.  That's really encouraging.  He's not a number one receiver by any means but he looks like a Robert Woods type contributor.  Someone we've missed.

They did and Peterman outperformed him in preseason.  It's easy to look back on and complain but Peterman was playing better than him at the time.  This is a development team that's got a top defense and just put up 41 points with a lot of young players stepping up.  You are allowed to have some positivity when you see players developing.

I'm a season ticket holder. I'd love a 9 and 7 miracle. In no way do I want to kill your buzz

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Daboll doesn't look so bad now does he?  We got to see again what happens when we execute the gameplay on offense.  We saw a bit of it in Minnesota too.  

I really like our Buffalo Bills coaching staff.  

I can't even remember the last time the Bills O looked this good in the passing game.

Zay what?

Edited by Figster

10 hours ago, stuvian said:

I'm a season ticket holder. I'd love a 9 and 7 miracle. In no way do I want to kill your buzz

Of course we'd all love to win every game but this is a rebuilding team that is super young and they just aren't there yet.

8 hours ago, Figster said:

I really like our Buffalo Bills coaching staff.  

I can't even remember the last time the Bills O looked this good in the passing game.

Zay what?

Zay having 8 catches and a tuddy is exactly the kind of performance we've been waiting for from him.  He's been gaining confidence as the year has gone on.  Pleased with his ability to play through all the bs.  Fans almost wanted him gone last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

We have the easiest schedule in the NFL the rest of the year.  I fully expect this team to ***** up their draft order and win 3 more games

Agreed.  If you look at the last six game any of them are winnable.  I am not saying we will go 6 - 0 to close out the season, but with solid quarterback play who knows what this team can accomplish?