Some random thoughts on the Jets game

BmarvB

1) Welcome Aboard Matt Barkley. He made a very good first impression, and pretty much secured the backup QB position. When Allen is back, Anderson, "pick me off'  Peterman, or both should be gone.
2) And speaking of gone, I'd be very surprised if Todd Bowles isn't canned Monday
3) This was s great confidence builder for the O-Line. They really came through for the offense today. Granted it was against the Jets but a good performance is still a good performance - especially with the new jacks getting  some playing time. There's something to build on there
4) Give Daboll a game ball. Game plan and play calling was spot on. Attacking deep opened up things for the running game perfectly.
5) Hope Milano gets through the CP. The bye week will give him extra time to recover. He's having a breakout season
6) The new return man also made a good first impression. Looks like he could break one at any time.
7) Foster deserves more time on the field while KB could use some time on the bench. Foster accomplished more in this game alone than Benjamin has for most of the season.
8 ) Defense did what they were supposed to do against an offense they were expected to dominate - Nuff Said.
9.  Obviously running the table to 9-7 is unrealistic with a trip to Foxboro still on the slate, but if we can get past a Struggling Jacksonville team, 8-8 is still a longshot possibility.
GO BILLS!!!!!

• Like (+1) 6

13 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

1) Welcome Aboard Matt Barkley. He made a very good first impression, and pretty much secured the backup QB position. When Allen is back, Anderson, "pick me off'  Peterman, or both should be gone.
2) And speaking of gone, I'd be very surprised if Todd Bowles isn't canned Monday
3) This was s great confidence builder for the O-Line. They really came through for the offense today. Granted it was against the Jets but a good performance is still a good performance - especially with the new jacks getting  some playing time. There's something to build on there
4) Give Daboll a game ball. Game plan and play calling was spot on. Attacking deep opened up things for the running game perfectly.
5) Hope Milano gets through the CP. The bye week will give him extra time to recover. He's having a breakout season
6) The new return man also made a good first impression. Looks like he could break one at any time.
7) Foster deserves more time on the field while KB could use some time on the bench. Foster accomplished more in this game alone than Benjamin has for most of the season.
8 ) Defense did what they were supposed to do against an offense they were expected to dominate - Nuff Said.
9.  Obviously running the table to 9-7 is unrealistic with a trip to Foxboro still on the slate, but if we can get past a Struggling Jacksonville team, 8-8 is still a longshot possibility.
GO BILLS!!!!!

Great Post!

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Great Post!

Good Post

16 minutes ago, BmarvB said:

GO BILLS!!!!!

Agree, I really believe Bowles is on "thin ice" especially after todays game and a franchise QB that needs developing.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought we showed a lot of energy out there today. Almost like a college team. It's just one game, but for not being here long, Barkley was impressive: accurate and knew where to go. He also knew when to eat the ball.

I hope all four QB's can be brought into camp in the summer. Let them compete and whoever gets cut gets cut. If someone else worthwhile is available, then bring them in. I know the popular thing is to just cut Peterman, but what the fans want is irrelevant in that regard. At his pricetag, he should be here until he gets pushed off the roster (which Anderson and Barkley could end up doing).

The receivers looked good, the RB's looked good and the rookie guard looked good.

I'm not saying Barkley is the Messiah, but he deserves more than what fans were posting when he signed.  He's another example of a young quarterback, clearly with some talent, who has to play.  His starts with the Bears basically equated to what we've seen thus far with Allen, i.e. inexperience, pressure to succeed, and impatient fans.  Let's relax and hope for the best. 

• Thank you (+1) 1