How about Matt Barkley huh?

59 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Barkley looked good.  Outstanding considering the circumstances. 

Once Allen can beat him out for the starting position, Barkley can take his rightful spot as a backup and Peterman can be released, freeing up a roster spot for a more useful player. 

so let it be written...so let it be done

Why the hell is it so hard for people to understand the difference between playing the Bears and Jets defenses?

The Bills receivers couldn't get any seperation and they were dropping everything last week. Today the receivers were getting open and actually had room to run after the catch. Far different defenses.

Barkley also has a lot more luck than Peterman. He threw two balls that should've been intercepted but the Jets dropped them. Peterman gets INTs that hit our receivers hands and bounce up and get picked.

Even the 50/50 ball that Barkley threw to Foster down the sideline could've been picked. The DB had much better positioning but somehow misplayed it and let Foster jump up and get it. Peterman probably would've gotten picked on that throw and you guys would blame him but the crappy Jets DB screws up and Foster catches it and people act like it's a good play. 

I would've loved to see Peterman in there today. He hasn't been given a chance against a bad defense. He's been thrown to the wolves against the toughest defenses in the league with crappy receivers who have dropped passes right to the other team.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

He Looked good.  If he keeps this up, locked in the backup position.  Bye, bye Peterman.

Hopefully our coaching staff doesn’t coach what he did out of him.  He seemed to just play.  Not a robot doing what he was told. Had command of the huddle and winged it.

This raises the question, does Barkley remain the starter and we go back to our original plan to let Allen learn from the sidelines the rest of this year?  Or do we start Allen after the bye week?

Great game by Barkley.  From a long term strategic standpoint this is a big deal in that we have landed our back-up QB for the foreseeable future.   But for those saying he should keep starting my take is no way.  Allen should be declared the starter for the Jacksonville game this week unless he regressed in his injury.  Allen should be given as many reps with the 1st team as possible.

In other news Petermen should be cut if Allen is ready to go. 

As an aside, I thought this was the game where Dabold pulled out all the stops and Barkley was clearly the beneficiary of the offensive creativity we saw today.   the only caution I would throw out is that now that some of these plays are on film don't expect them to work as well the next time.  The Jets to me looked like a defense that thought they could just show up and hold the Bills to less then 10 points.  You just can't do that in the NFL. 

13 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

This raises the question, does Barkley remain the starter and we go back to our original plan to let Allen learn from the sidelines the rest of this year?  Or do we start Allen after the bye week?

The worst thing the Bills organization can do at this time is to not start Allen when he's healthy enough to go.  The give Allen a year train left the station in week 2.  They must have unwavering commitment to Allen as the starter until they know for sure he's not cut out for it.  IMO that would be the rest of this season and all of next season.