How about Matt Barkley huh?

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hope Allen turns out to be great. I just find it funny that people are almost expecting it. The guy has been nothing but terrible. Again, I’m not even saying yesterday was what Barkley is but I would certainly let him play again. I’m not going to be surprised if he ends up playing well.  I wouldn’t just decide he can’t be good because other teams didn’t see it. You never know when a guy is going to get it.

It has nothing to do with expectations, but everything to do with giving him valuable game experience reps to speed up his development.  Barkley has proven himself to be a journeyman so this isn't even a legitmate argument and the team didn't waste anytime pondering the question of Allen vs. Barkley.  It's over. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hope Allen turns out to be great. I just find it funny that people are almost expecting it. The guy has been nothing but terrible. Again, I’m not even saying yesterday was what Barkley is but I would certainly let him play again. I’m not going to be surprised if he ends up playing well.  I wouldn’t just decide he can’t be good because other teams didn’t see it. You never know when a guy is going to get it.

Why would a fanbase expect their 1st round 7th overall pick to end up being good? I mean that just sounds like crazy talk to me.

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hope Allen turns out to be great. I just find it funny that people are almost expecting it. The guy has been nothing but terrible.

Nothing but terrible?

josh-allen-hurdle.jpg?itok=nsLLxCTR

f0dc2b38aa8b86d177fa97c9852af27a

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/qb-josh-allen-connects-with-streater-for-a-td

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000946566/Josh-Allen-throws-a-LASER-to-McCloud-for-a-14-yard-TD

Edited by WhoTom

We were one of the worst offenses in nil hostory going into yesterday and then we scored 41 points. I mean it’s just like EJ. These guys suck but because we drafted them everyone acts like you are an ***** for calling it the way it is. We finally looked like an NFL offense yesterday but it’s crazy to want that qb to keep playing 

12 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What I find hilarious is the faith that Barkley never got a chance despite playing through multiple training camps on QB starved teams.  

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We were one of the worst offenses in nil hostory going into yesterday and then we scored 41 points. I mean it’s just like EJ. These guys suck but because we drafted them everyone acts like you are an ***** for calling it the way it is. We finally looked like an NFL offense yesterday but it’s crazy to want that qb to keep playing 

I don’t understand why more people here don’t want to give Barkley another game or two.  He just gave us our first glimpse this year of better than average NFL quarterbacking and people want to bench him.  To me, it was fun to watch our qb drop back and actually expect him to complete a forward pass.  Obviously, not all agree...

1 minute ago, GG said:

What I find hilarious is the faith that Barkley never got a chance despite playing through multiple training camps on QB starved teams.  

QB evaluation is a funny thing...maybe he never got a real chance.  

1 minute ago, mannc said:

QB evaluation is a funny thing...maybe he never got a real chance.  

Don't know if you are being sarcastic, but please point to where he didn't get a fair shake?  

7 minutes ago, GG said:

Don't know if you are being sarcastic, but please point to where he didn't get a fair shake?  

Not saying he didn’t, but it’s possible.  He’s only started a handful of games, if I understand correctly.  He certainly seemed to know what he was doing yesterday.

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not saying he didn’t, but it’s possible.  He’s only started a handful of games, if I understand correctly.  He certainly seemed to know what he was doing yesterday.

It's nearly impossible.  He was beaten out for roster spots in Philly, Arizona, Chicago and SF, who were all looking for QBs when he was in camp.  

He's shown that he can be a competent back up.  No one should entertain thoughts of him being a long term starter.  

46 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am 100% onboard Bringing Barkley back next season AS BACKUP over Peterman and Anderson. 

And so am I. As many have said Barkley is smart and poised,  but the reason he will always have a high INT ratio is his weaker arm strength. Obviously Josh has a canon and is far more mobile but lacks some qualities Matt has. I would say Josh has a slightly better chance to be a lower tier franchise qb than Barkley.  But Barkley would be a Fitzy like backup. And I think he's worthy of hanging onto for awhile. Just say goodbye to Peterman & Anderson. You can always pu a PS qb next year in FA.

19 minutes ago, mannc said:

Against a team that had/has literally given up... The Jets players seemed to be just going through the motions that much is obvious. 

Edited by Wayne Cubed

1 hour ago, GG said:

Barkley had the ideal opportunity to show that he's an NFL caliber QB in Chicago.   He couldn't beat out Brian Hoyer.

I'm perfectly happy keeping him on the roster as the long term back up, but NOBODY should be entertaining thoughts of him being the long term starter.

You’d quickly learn to hate him as a backup, too. ;)