How about Matt Barkley huh?

Josh Allen was a much better prospect than Barkley coming out of college. Allen carried that team, Wyoming has been brutal without him on the field. 

Barkley was a part of one of the worst NFL draft classes I have ever seen. Saying that, I did see some encouraging signs that he could be a quality back up for us. A back up QB is an important piece of a championship team (see the Eagles).

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A QB that was barely recruited and struggled at Wyoming?  A guy who did very little against severely inferior college competition? A guy that has a lot of physical ability but lacks most of the fundamentals that will allow a QB to be accurate? A guy who struggled to separate himeself from Mountain West competition? The most heavily scrutinized qb in the draft class and the one labeled most likely to bust?

Or the high school player of the year, all world recruit. 4 year starter at USC playing in big games against big time teams? Very successful college career. Projected top 10 pick in 2012. Highly polished. Highly intelligent....

When you actually look at what this is, outside of arm talent alone (which is very overrated)

Why would Allen be more likely to pan out then Barkley? They both have almost the same amount of starts. Barkley has always been behind established starters and never got a real chance to start. Everyone is making up their mind that Barkley’s ceiling is a good backup, but why? 

Barkley had the ideal opportunity to show that he's an NFL caliber QB in Chicago.   He couldn't beat out Brian Hoyer.

I'm perfectly happy keeping him on the roster as the long term back up, but NOBODY should be entertaining thoughts of him being the long term starter.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A QB that was barely recruited and struggled at Wyoming?  A guy who did very little against severely inferior college competition? A guy that has a lot of physical ability but lacks most of the fundamentals that will allow a QB to be accurate? A guy who struggled to separate himeself from Mountain West competition? The most heavily scrutinized qb in the draft class and the one labeled most likely to bust?

Or the high school player of the year, all world recruit. 4 year starter at USC playing in big games against big time teams? Very successful college career. Projected top 10 pick in 2012. Highly polished. Highly intelligent....

When you actually look at what this is, outside of arm talent alone (which is very overrated)

Why would Allen be more likely to pan out then Barkley? They both have almost the same amount of starts. Barkley has always been behind established starters and never got a real chance to start. Everyone is making up their mind that Barkley’s ceiling is a good backup, but why? 

Barkley will be 29yrs old at the start of next season and has been on about 6 teams in his nfl career. 

He had an awesome game yesterday. Theres no need to make more of it than it really is. 

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You conveniently forgot Barkley's other stat of being on his 6th NFL team in 5 years. You'd think if he was such an obvious choice one of those other 5 teams would of noticed something before now.

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Not Matt Barkley. 

And these are established starters?

2013 - Vick and Foles

2014 - Foles and Sanchez 

2015 - Cardinals couldnt play

2016 -  Cutler and Hoyer 

2017 - Az ans again couldnt play

so tell me where are those Established Starters?

Edited by MAJBobby

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

When we get brilliant threads like this we demand a poll

7 minutes ago, GG said:

Barkley had the ideal opportunity to show that he's an NFL caliber QB in Chicago.   He couldn't beat out Brian Hoyer.

I'm perfectly happy keeping him on the roster as the long term back up, but NOBODY should be entertaining thoughts of him being the long term starter.

Perfectly ideal, they were one of the worst offenses in teams in recent history. An absolutely terrible team. Yeah, that was a real time to shine

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m not saying I think he will be good. I just think it’s asinine to sit here and act like it’s more likely that Josh Allen will be better. It’s not

I don't think a single person here has advocated for getting rid of Barkley.  He's still here - he's still practicing. 

What i saw yesterday has an absolute CEILING of Case Keenum.  I don't think you can win a super bowl with case keenum, and as far asi know that is the goal.

you know Op, one thing I notice about you and not really to knock you but you have always jumped on the bandwagon of QBs that have a good game or two.

even going as far as to make them your "new" avatar.

sure I know most if not all bills fans are desperate to having the right QB and not to take anything away from barkley but with no real tape on him and little time to prepare for him he was able to have a decent game against the jets. almost 250 2 tds and 0 ints, pretty much the best outing so far of the 4 of them.

teams have tape on him now but it may not matter anyhow as news has it, the starter will be allen after the bye?

don't knock allen or use where he came from and go on to prop up barkley just because he had a decent game yesterday. allen is the future, barkley could have one as the back up and I feel he is a much better choice at #2 then old legs anderson or nate "let me throw a pick" peterman? 

unless allen was to completely (which I doubt happens) flop, he will be the bills starter?

not matt barkley.

Edited by no name

25 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

TLDR: "I hate the Allen pick"..... noted (again)

I hope Allen turns out to be great. I just find it funny that people are almost expecting it. The guy has been nothing but terrible. Again, I’m not even saying yesterday was what Barkley is but I would certainly let him play again. I’m not going to be surprised if he ends up playing well.  I wouldn’t just decide he can’t be good because other teams didn’t see it. You never know when a guy is going to get it.

26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I'd still like to see if he floats ducks in the ralph before I get on board. People continue to forget one of the worst parts of playing QB in Buffalo is the circular wind at the ralph.

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Because 90% of this Board has decided that USC cannot produce a starting NFL QB....where as they all know that Wyoming is a QB Factory!

The league decided he's a backup long before the board.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hope Allen turns out to be great. I just find it funny that people are almost expecting it. The guy has been nothing but terrible. Again, I’m not even saying yesterday was what Barkley is but I would certainly let him play again. I’m not going to be surprised if he ends up playing well.  I wouldn’t just decide he can’t be good because other teams didn’t see it. You never know when a guy is going to get it.

If Allen is healthy. All indications he should be after the Bye. He ABSOLUTELY better get the start