How about Matt Barkley huh?

4 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Jets horrible on offense, but their D has been one of the better ones in the league, check out what they did to Miami last week.

..BUT....because of a Bills trouncing, the esteemed urinalists will cite the "W" as against the "lowly Jets"......never makes the ESPN front page NFL quips.....so what.....

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Barkley should walk into McDermott's offense and demand that Josh Allen start against the Jags so he can be thought of highly by Bills fans for the rest of the season.

Nobody is more loved than the backup QB! Hang on for 15 years and never “work” again while living the life of luxury. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s about time a guy over achieved and didn’t embarrass us. All things condsidered I’d say he played excellent. How about some appreciation for a guy sending us into the bye with some good feelings and a win. Thank you Matt. Hope you get to keep playing until you struggle at least. Go Bills!

he definitely played very well!   we may have found our long term backup.  i sincerely hope this continues when in the face of more pressure from an opposing team that isn't phoning it in.  

4 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I think he had a 5 td day for the Bears 

Fact checked the commentators saying he had 3 300 yard games his last 3 starts. He did! Still had a horrible passer rating totalling 1000 yards, 7 TDs and 10 picks. So that's 1200/9/10 in last 4 games started out of 8. That's a backup I'll be happy having with this group, and he's trending upwards every start to boot. I don't see a problem riding the hot hand, but also want to know JA's ability ASAP.. So I don't care who starts either way. JA at home against the cupcake Jets, and Barks against a monster pass rush would be nice to see for comparison

Charles Barkley still has it after all these years ;) 

I like the James Lofton bit on Barkley.

He said he was taking lots of Vitamin D because he didn't see the sun last week he was watching film and reading the playbook for 12 hours a day ..

Not bad for a guy with 8 career starts.

This felt like one of Fitz's "good" performances.

I would not make him the starter, but he is a serviceable backup and can at least teach the young kid the ropes of playing in the NFL.  He should be the #2.

Unfortunately for we Bills fans, this is NOT the worst Bills team we've fielded in the last 40 years, which is how long I've been watching them. It would rank near last if you're only looking at the O, but this D is very good. As Parcells once said, "you are what your record says you are". Well, I think we win 4 or 5 games this year which makes us quite mediocre, but not horrible. The QB draft class of 2013 was terrible, but MB is probably the best of that bunch. I agree that he is serviceable and could be a good mentor to JA. Barkley seems to be a younger version of Fitzpatrick to me... serviceable. Let's hope JA can get us back to perennial contenders in a couple of years!

17 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...never EVER saw this coming PERIOD.....450+ yds of offense...Shady >100....Foster(??)> 100.....Zay at 93 yds....cannot take away from anybody but Barkely UBER ride to Canton may be "on hold"....:thumbsup:....

Most yards in the first half by the Bills since 2000.

25 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

What a win...and well played to Barkley..

Would that game be his best ever NFL performance?

You know... I dont think the Bills are going to be the worst team in the League like a lot of the experts were saying after Week 2...

No hes had 3-4 big games.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

He played a good game, but I see no reason that Allen isn't the starter the rest of the way. He needs to show he's not a bust IMO.

Really?

5 starts possibly 11 if he gets all the last games.

The B word shouldn't even come up until after year 3.

Then you know what you have if he has 40 or so starts.

Not after his rookie year.....come on man.

• Like (+1) 1

Barkley played well but it needs to be put into perspective. He got great blocking. About 90 of his yards and two of his most important completions he just lobbed the ball up in the air and Robert Foster timed his jump and caught the ball, something he hadn't done before. They weren't bad or great passes but Foster makes the play on both of them. If he doesn't, Barkley looks completely different.

He threw two TDs. One was an excellent pass from ten yards out. Really nice. The other was a gift that any player on the Bills could have made. The Bills racked up 200+ yards on the ground. That helped him tremendously.

He did well and I don't want to take it away from him. But this was a team win and team offense. He got a ton of help all over the field.

• Like (+1) 3