An Honorable Salute To Our TBD Veterans

OldTimeAFLGuy

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

<smartass reply>

How does one get a bad neck in the chair force?

</smartass reply>

Sincerely,

Former Artilleryman

:P

...you'd be surprised....I just settled a $100,000 Worker Comp case for a repetitive motion neck injury involving an electrician who had to "look up" to perform his duties (wiring overhead is a regular job function)...had been doing this for years with various contractors but I was the lucky one to get nailed....go figure............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

<smartass reply>

How does one get a bad neck in the chair force?

</smartass reply>

Sincerely,

Former Artilleryman

:P

Hey....just because we sat in chairs all day doesn't mean they gave us good chairs or promoted good posture lol. I mean that did have something to do with it,  I was an imagery analyst so I sat staring at computer screens all day....but it was something I was born with but didn't discover til later on in my service when the impacts of training and a bad fall made it worse.

Just now, jkirchofer said:

Hey....just because we sat in chairs all day doesn't mean they gave us good chairs or promoted good posture lol. I mean that did have something to do with it,  I was an imagery analyst so I sat staring at computer screens all day....but it was something I was born with but didn't discover til later on in my service when the impacts of training and a bad fall made it worse.

Could be worse, the Army destroyed my hearing, ankles and knees..and there ain't diddly poo I can do about it.

23 hours ago, leonbus23 said:

Thank you!

When the s*** hit the fan in Grenada, I saw it all. 

i was in the air force (ammo), at that time as well as Nicaragua.   i'm no hero but i would give anything to serve again..at 55.....i will gladly do it.

edit: and by the way...i am disabled thanks in a good part due to the lifelong benefits of working for uncle sam.  i have  broken bones and head and neck injuries that the government deemed an act of God and most of my medical records have disappeared.   you never know how things eventually catch up with you, but i'd sign up again  and go balls out if i was given the chance.

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

i was in the air force (ammo), at that time as well as Nicaragua.   i'm no hero but i would give anything to serve again..at 55.....i will gladly do it.

edit: and by the way...i am disabled thanks in a good part due to the lifelong benefits of working for uncle sam.  i have  broken bones and head and neck injuries that the government deemed an act of God and most of my medical records have disappeared.   you never know how things eventually catch up with you, but i'd sign up again  and go balls out if i was given the chance.

Exactly my case, complained of hearing loss and knee issues before I left, and no one can find those records. God bless America :lol:

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Exactly my case, complained of hearing loss and knee issues before I left, and no one can find those records. God bless America :lol:

This is horrible for both of you.

And, as much as I enjoyed my 4 years and am grateful for the experiences .... there's no way in ***** hell I'd ever do that again.  Not for that kind of money.  And certainly not in this day and age.

• SDS unpinned this topic