An Honorable Salute To Our TBD Veterans

OldTimeAFLGuy

Had the chance to walk in my city's Veteran's Day parade with my 7 year old daughter this morning (her girl scout troop was a participant). She looked damn cute in daddy's camo cover from his Corps days.

Then I got to come home and watch my Bills embarrass that team from New Jersey.

All in all, a very good day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

Isn't that a wonderful feeling the day you get that DD214?? I still remember waking up after retiring and thinking, "hey, I don't have to shave today if I don't want to!" lol

Yes it is. So my beard is going good and hair is getting nice and longer 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...AFL cannot thank the men and women vets here at TBD enough for your service to country as well as those in your respective families that served..........we cannot forget those nationwide that also served as well as those who sadly gave the ultimate sacrifice......crazy places like the TBD MB do NOT exist without your efforts to preserve our freedoms....Godspeed to all.........:thumbsup:.........

Thanks OTAG. As a veteran myself ( AF for 4 years after high school), veterans from all across the USA have been on my mind today. I appreciate you and all others who make

the effort to take time and bring things like this post to our attention.               I salute you, and our Bills today.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I ate a ton to include my Free Blooming Onion. First Veterans Day I no longer have to worry about APFT, HT/WT and took full advantage 

Hung My Uniform and Boots up November 1st after 20 years

Be careful that WT sneaks up on ya quick!

Happy Veteran’s Day fellow warriors!

I hung my boots up after 21 years last year.  I can tell you that through all the deployments I couldn’t wait to find the internet somewhere in some God foresaken place to email my wife and kids and then get to twobillsdrive to catch up on the Bills.  Thanks for what you do here friends.  It makes a difference and means a lot to many different people for different reasons.  

And AFLguy-thanks for doing this!  You’re a class act!

Great idea by the OP: a tremendous and profound debt of gratitude for all those and their families who have lived the life of service through our Armed Forces. Every sacrifice made, from moving to saying goodbye to loved ones to the tragic force of injuries sustained - every ounce of suffering by you and those who love and know you, have made the honor of the Constitution of these United States gleam with pride and power across the globe. Thank you, eternally in debt - thank you for all you've done. 

I hope every Vet gets the support and recognition they are justly due. I hope not a single Vet, no matter how young or old, ever feels left behind, because the battlefield of life is longer and equally treacherous as the one they served on and can be just as harsh. Take care and God Bless America and her soldiers. 

...reading stuff like this nauseates the hell out of me....especially on this Day of Honor.....SMH..............

Computer glitches leave veterans waiting months for GI Bill benefits

November 12, 2018 07:55 AM

There is a major problem believed to be affecting hundreds of thousands of veterans. Some of them are even on the verge of becoming homeless.

Those veterans are missing out on a lot of money they are promised to get when they return home. GI Bill benefit payments covering education and housing have been delayed or in some cases never delivered.

As a Navy veteran (1989 - 1993) during the Gulf War, I can honestly say that I was never really put in harm's way; I was in more danger during counter-narcotics operations that we did with the Coast Guard.  Still nothing compared to the boots on the ground.

Combat Veterans, in my opinion, deserve the most gratitude and praise.  They are on another level, if you ask me.

They are the ones who need our support the most.  About 12% of the nation's homeless adults are Veterans (over 20 million) .... many of those combat vets.

PTSD is real.  Many are also dealing with substance abuse issues.  Many lose their families and their homes.

Many of your towns and/or counties have local NFP organizations who help vets in your area.  I urge you to consider donating food, money and/or time to these organizations.  Many of the nationally run organizations use your money to pay executives six-figure salaries.  Please go local, if you can.

God Bless our combat vets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Former Army Medic here. No problem brosephs. I wish WNY, and America as a whole, honored my fellow brothers and sisters with more than just kind words and thank yous. Its appreciated but mental health care, a warm bed and a full stomach with a good job would be better than a thank you. Hire veterans and inspire them, in the midst of society firing them. 

• Like (+1) 1