An Honorable Salute To Our TBD Veterans

OldTimeAFLGuy

...AFL cannot thank the men and women vets here at TBD enough for your service to country as well as those in your respective families that served..........we cannot forget those nationwide that also served as well as those who sadly gave the ultimate sacrifice......crazy places like the TBD MB do NOT exist without your efforts to preserve our freedoms....Godspeed to all.........:thumbsup:.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 19
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Always remember the World War Two veterans that created the AFL and the Buffalo Bills; truly the greatest generation!

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...AFL cannot thank the men and women vets here at TBD enough for your service to country as well as those in your respective families that served..........we cannot forget those nationwide that also served as well as those who sadly gave the ultimate sacrifice......crazy places like the TBD MB do NOT exist without your efforts to preserve our freedoms....Godspeed to all.........:thumbsup:.........

As most of you know - OldTimeAFL guy is the heat; thanks brother!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

There’s a pizza joint near an Air Force base near our home (Dobbins). I’ve been there when people in uniform go to pay the check and are told “someone already paid your bill”. That’s anonymous and oh so cool. I now look for the opportunity to do the same, but haven’t been lucky enough to time that out yet. 

Edited by Augie

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I ate a ton to include my Free Blooming Onion. First Veterans Day I no longer have to worry about APFT, HT/WT and took full advantage 

Hung My Uniform and Boots up November 1st after 20 years

Isn't that a wonderful feeling the day you get that DD214?? I still remember waking up after retiring and thinking, "hey, I don't have to shave today if I don't want to!" lol

4 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Isn't that a wonderful feeling the day you get that DD214?? I still remember waking up after retiring and thinking, "hey, I don't have to shave today if I don't want to!" lol

I got my DD-214 the last day of this January after 20 years, and left San Diego for good, thank God! Finally back home east, enjoying some beautiful cold weather and snow and some REAL Italian pie!!! 

I woke up trying to tell myself no one will call you wondering where you are... then to hell with shaving every day... then a weekend realizing no duty... then finally peace. 

I think duty days killed me the most... standing watch for 4-5 hours on my feet in boots on a metal deck with my back hurting due to injury carrying and having a vest on, having to worry about it every 5th weekend...

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1