Today’s game does not ease my concerns about McDermott

cgg716

3 hours ago, cgg716 said:

It’s a nice win, feels good to have one. Did many good things, but also something interesting came to light I think. This is not a tank and it never was. A QB came right off the street, limited playbook and played a competent game. Easy opponent sure, but competent nonetheless. Blaming the talent holds a little less weight now 

To me it’s proof that they were attempting to win all along and honestly believed, first that Mccarron couldn’t, then that Peterman could, then Anderson. Didn’t see fit to retain or acquire a true no 2 QB behind Allen at a minimum. Not because they weren’t trying to win, but because they honestly thought they had one. So I still worry about how they will handle the rest of the offense. Cross your fingers 

A piece of advice: Just enjoy a win without trying to find a black cloud to temper the rainbow. 

Blowout wins are a fleeting thing with this franchise - always have been - so just try to enjoy the warm glow for a day or two. You'll be a better man for it.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Honestly this game only adds further fuel to the fire of McD not being able to judge talent.  Teller looked better than Ducasse and Miller in preseason and looked fine but not stellar today. McD has chosen Peterman over TT, AJ, and Allen. Wrong x 3. Jury is still out on Daboll. Gaines started how many games before he was cut.  He never made a play all year.  Multiple other players have been better at CB. Foster is the only guy that can get deep and he cut him and risked losing him. Yes it was a low risk but again it shows he doesn't judge talent well. Lawson looks better each week and better than PED Murphy has ever in a Bills uniform. Murphy doesn't even deserve a roster spot.

Dead money he created because he couldn't or didn't want to coach Dareus and Watkins. 

Let it go.  That is old news he made the playoffs with those bad moves. Like I said.  Nothing McDermott does will change your mind.  We won today.   Do you want to be miserable?