Today’s game does not ease my concerns about McDermott

cgg716

It’s a nice win, feels good to have one. Did many good things, but also something interesting came to light I think. This is not a tank and it never was. A QB came right off the street, limited playbook and played a competent game. Easy opponent sure, but competent nonetheless. Blaming the talent holds a little less weight now 

To me it’s proof that they were attempting to win all along and honestly believed, first that Mccarron couldn’t, then that Peterman could, then Anderson. Didn’t see fit to retain or acquire a true no 2 QB behind Allen at a minimum. Not because they weren’t trying to win, but because they honestly thought they had one. So I still worry about how they will handle the rest of the offense. Cross your fingers 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Tanking in the NFL does not mean you literally try to lose. You shed overpriced contracts and accumulate draft picks, which leads to a couple bad years. Of course we still game plan and try to win each game, but if you think we are selling out to win with $50 million in dead cap and a rookie QB you're nuts.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

It’s a nice win, feels good to have one. Did many good things, but also something interesting came to light I think. This is not a tank and it never was. A QB came right off the street, limited playbook and played a competent game. Easy opponent sure, but competent nonetheless. Blaming the talent holds a little less weight now 

To me it’s proof that they were attempting to win all along and honestly believed, first that Mccarron couldn’t, then that Peterman could, then Anderson. Didn’t see fit to retain or acquire a true no 2 QB behind Allen at a minimum. Not because they weren’t trying to win, but because they honestly thought they had one. So I still worry about how they will handle the rest of the offense. Cross your fingers 

You have no idea who they tried to sign and didn't.  BTW Barkley was injured and Anderson wasn't sure he wanted to come back. Neither of them was available during the offseason. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your negativity.  Just enjoy the win, will ya.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I guess we have to give Daboll major credit for getting this game out of Barkley hardly knowing the offense

Thought he did some good things to cross up their D. Best game he has called to date. It was the jets though, let’s see if he can string it together 

1 minute ago, xsoldier54 said:

You have no idea who they tried to sign and didn't.  BTW Barkley was injured and Anderson wasn't sure he wanted to come back. Neither of them was available during the offseason. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your negativity.  Just enjoy the win, will ya.

I KNOW they cut Mccarron, named Peterman the starter, replaced him after one half, and left him as the only backup for weeks. Those things I know. And I know he’s still on the roster, though let’s hope that changes tomm

5 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Do we really need a new thread to discuss how cgg’s opinion has not changed?

I mean I could have done a thread about how beating Josh McCown validates the process, but that would be reactionary. Which fans never are

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like I need to clarify my comment earlier about tanking I think I mispoke myself

I dont believe McD is tanking....i just dont think they did everything they possibly could to get the most talent to win THIS season.....

They keep trotting out KB.....who at this point is a disaster of a WR for us

They didnt make changes to their OL......look at what happened today.....ONE change actually put energy into them

They didnt aggressively persue QBs

They didnt make trades at the deadline

There were thing that could have been done....but they didnt do them which leads me to still believing next year is the big offensive push for talent

but I in no way think McD is TRYING to lose games

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I feel like I need to clarify my comment earlier about tanking I think I mispoke myself

I dont believe McD is tanking....i just dont think they did everything they possibly could to get the most talent to win THIS season.....

They keep trotting out KB.....who at this point is a disaster of a WR for us

They didnt make changes to their OL......look at what happened today.....ONE change actually put energy into them

They didnt aggressively persue QBs

They didnt make trades at the deadline

There were thing that could have been done....but they didnt do them which leads me to still believing next year is the big offensive push for talent

but I in no way think McD is TRYING to lose games

Nope, does not ease my concern about the constant howling and heckling about him on TBD either!

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Tanking in the NFL does not mean you literally try to lose. You shed overpriced contracts and accumulate draft picks, which leads to a couple bad years. Of course we still game plan and try to win each game, but if you think we are selling out to win with $50 million in dead cap and a rookie QB you're nuts.

Fricking great post; man why do you get it and many do not?

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Well, I feel better about Daboll now, I'll tell you that. We need to finish strong. Carry over into next year, stop heads from rolling. They should get 1 more draft, then I'll judge.

Common sense, good post!

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Any day you don't fire a remote through a TV screen is a good day to be a Bills fan. 

Worry tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

All this game does is confirm 100% what a very large majority of our fans knew. Without legit QB play you are absolutely ***** in this league.  

Barkley just gave us one of the better performances the Bills have seen since Orton. 

Our O-line magically appears to be great

Our RB's look like pro-bowlers

Our Wr's look NFL caliber. Excluding KB

Until we get consistent QB play like seen today we will continue to blow. Let's go Allen! Barkley is now a decent back up plan.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

So when Allen is healthy, (1) does he play or watch, and (2) do we go with just Allen and Barkley for the rest of the year?

It’s gotta be Allen. Nothing can be accomplished by starting Barkley