Edit 2: The Bills back to #2 Total Yd D; Ravens 66 yards better against th Bucs

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

We need to be patient, looking forward all ready to 2019!

REBUILD!!! WHY SO HARD!!!!

REBUILD!!! WHY SO HARD!!!!

You're talking to someone who constantly refers to coach as McDumass, or something to that affect. There's no reasoning with someone like that.

McDumass, classic!!!

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Watch people cite this during the offseason, expecting a repeat performance next year. Those folks will be surprised when the standings are worse next year. The Bills are the number one defense because teams have let off the gas so much in second halves.

Really, really, stupid post!!!!! Please go to your room and watch cartoons!

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Came in at 313.7 per game, Jville was at about the same and the Ravens were at 305.

the 199 yards yielded to the Jets put us at 302 for the season.

Jags have given up at least 366 to Indy.

Congrats Bills D!

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2018&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

yeah that McDermott is a bum , has no clue of what he is doing.

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh it’s wasted, but still...Number 1 in the entire League is something to be proud of for the D.

?

Especially considering how often they are on the field because of the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Really, really, stupid post!!!!! Please go to your room and watch cartoons!

Wow, seriously? Please break down how this is stupid.

Coincidentally, Mike Schopp said the same thing post-game.

When you're down big, teams let the foot off the gas, therefore gaining fewer yards. The stat we're talking about is total yards.

Yours is the stupid post, bud.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Today was obviously the aberration for this offense, but for the defense to be atop the league in yards given up considering the overall sucktitude of the O in 80% of the games is pretty amazing. McDermott can coach defense.

He has a scheme that he favors and is exceptional at getting players who fit his scheme. His backside players that include the LBs have to be mobile and be able to tackle. His scheme favors LBs who are mobile rather than big thumpers. He then coaches them up. This offseason his attention has to be directed to the other side of the ball. That's the challenge for him, a defensive-minded coach. 

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Watch people cite this during the offseason, expecting a repeat performance next year. Those folks will be surprised when the standings are worse next year. The Bills are the number one defense because teams have let off the gas so much in second halves.

Let’s completely eliminate that we have one of the worst offenses in NFL history where we are punting consistently.  When we don’t move the chains, we give the ball back to the other team. So our defense is always put back on the field.  How often does the Rams or Saints defense have to be be put back on the field?  How often is their offense 3 and out consistently?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Let’s completely eliminate that we have one of the worst offenses in NFL history where we are punting consistently.  When we don’t move the chains, we give the ball back to the other team. So our defense is always put back on the field.  How often does the Rams or Saints defense have to be be put back on the field?  How often is their offense 3 and out consistently?

I guarantee that we won't have the #1 defense at this time next year, and one of the reasons will be the improvement of the offense. That's all.

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Lawson has always been a good edge setter, wasnt sure he would ever be a good rusher. Hes starting to show he can, would love to be wrong. If he becomes a consistently good rusher, watch out.

He's already good at clogging passing lanes and deflecting passes, showing pretty good athleticism.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

The defense is pretty solid overall.  With the money Buffalo has to spend this offseason, the rest of the year needs to be used to get Allen ready to go.  If he looks like a guy in December 2019 could be a huge year for Buffalo.  

Edited by Mat68

13 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I guarantee that we won't have the #1 defense at this time next year, and one of the reasons will be the improvement of the offense. That's all.

I understand the logic. I wonder what the correlation if we looked at the bottom 5 offenses (of which the Bills are definitely one) to their respective defenses. 

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Today was obviously the aberration for this offense, but for the defense to be atop the league in yards given up considering the overall sucktitude of the O in 80% of the games is pretty amazing. McDermott can coach defense.

I was about to say that I don't usually take stock in yardage because too many things can skew that … such as the opponents average starting field position.  I figured with all the turnovers that the opponents didn't really have much field to cover, which would make that stat look good.  Then I looked it up.  Not sure if its entirely accurate, but according to the website I looked at the opponents avg starting field position was the 32 yardline.  So yes, bravo defense.  They have been pretty jekyl and hyde, but looked amazing in a lot of games.  I mean they held the Pats to 9 points for a large portion of the game.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

yeah that McDermott is a bum , has no clue of what he is doing.

Especially considering how often they are on the field because of the offense.

I mean we we have been very good earlier in this decade, but man...when was the last time we were number 1 in the league?

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I mean we we have been very good earlier in this decade, but man...when was the last time we were number 1 in the league?

Schwartz’s defense was the best in the league IMO. I realize the stats were more like 4th, but to me that was the best Defense we had since Fletcher and Spikes prime

• Like (+1) 5