13-7 Baby!

41 minutes ago, vorpma said:

I would rather read your ambitious optimism then the constant emotional temper tantrums that get posted here; not a believer but hell would love for it to happen! Good post!

People who are optimistic live longer. Scientific fact. And considering it might take the Bills awhile to win a Lombardi,  I better start being a optimist. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

People who are optimistic live longer. Scientific fact. And considering it might take the Bills awhile to win a Lombardi,  I better start being a optimist. 

Take it from me and the OlfAflGuy; too old timers from yesteryear! 

48 minutes ago, no name said:

but, I see no chance they win 6 straight. 2-5 in the conference with 1 non (lions) conference game and 4 of which are left within the division and 1 (jags) conference game.

We be tokin mon!  

Would 5 straight be OK ?  and 5 of the next 6

JAX, NYJ, MIA, DET  - NE* - MIA

I'm not going to be upset either way.  If we win a few but don't make the playoffs, I still want to in a few, I want to see Teller and Foster and all our rookies get valuable game experience as well as Allen.  

We have 80 mil and 10 draft picks, if we really need to tank this season just to get one top 5 guy, we're farther away anyway and it doesn't matter.   I still think our shopping list doesn't change whether we pick 6th in the draft or we pick 18th.   

Just win, every game you can. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We be tokin mon!  

Would 5 straight be OK ?  and 5 of the next 6

JAX, NYJ, MIA, DET  - NE* - MIA

someone can correct me but it would seem they can not lose only to the (non-conference) lions to have a shot?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR88CtN767AYz2RmMHodRP

Edited by no name
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I have always been a glass half full guy when it comes to Bills' playoff aspirations. Throughout the playoff drought, I would identify one game in the season, when I definitively said goodbye to any playoff aspirations. The only two instances where I had hopes going into the last game were the year we lost to the Steelers and, of course, last year. For this season, it was the Patriots game last week. I felt getting to 2-7 pretty much sealed our chances. 

But I am having second thoughts now. This appears to be a strange season for the Bills. While our SOS was high, all but one of those "tough" games are behind us. We face the Fins twice, the Jets again, the reeling Lions and Jags, and the Patriots. 8 wins looks very realistic folks without the Pats game. If I give us a 20% chance to win against the PATS (they likely would have clinched the division and wild card home court by week 16 and likely will not get a first round bye this year - so they may rest their starters), I could see us going 9-7 with 7 wins against AFC foes and the tie-breaker over the Titans. Obviously a lot of Ifs, but the steady defense and the weak schedule does appear to give us an outside chance. Just saying.

When all is said and done, I still think that stupid Houston game debacle is going to come and bite us in the foot .. but, maybe, just maybe, I jumped the gun a bit too soon in writing off P chances this season.

Flame away peeps.

It was the first thing I thought of.

The actual odds are probably less than 1%. 

But if you look at the basic ingredients:

1) One of the best defenses in the league

2) A relatively healthy team

3) Soft schedule

4) 4 of 6 at home

Then IF you get the fifth ingredient - competent quarterback play -  we are going to see a run ... not saying it will be 6 straight, but let's take it one at a time.

Edited by Flip Johnson
  • Like (+1) 1

Currently a 5-way tie at 5-5 for the final wildcard spot....Dolphins, Titans, Colts, Bengals, Ravens.

For the scoreboard watchers in a Buffalo Bills 9-7 scenario:

1. Ravens can't finish better than 3-3 (most likely losses: at Atlanta, at KC, at LAC)

2. Bengals can't finish better than 3-3 (most likely losses: at LAC, at Cleveland, at Pitt)

3. Colts can't finish better than 3-3 (most likely losses: at Jax, at Houston, Dallas) 

4. Titans can't finish better than 4-2 (most likely losses: at Houston, Indy)

5. Browns need to lose 1 more.

6. Broncos need to lose 1 more AFC game....possibly in another hour.

All of these scenarios should happen, with the notable exception of the Colts. They are on a hot streak right now, have an elite QB, and have a very easy schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/12/2018 at 2:29 PM, mattynh said:

This can't be real can it?   Girl cheats, cheats cheats, one week without cheating....Bills fan: "she loves me forever"

Is this some twisted Patriots* metaphor?

• Haha (+1) 1