13-7 Baby!

14 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

Of course, I don't understand how we are going to beat NE in week 16. Someone explain that one to me.

Get Daboll's 'dollar store game plans on loose leaf', and switch them out with New England's offensive plans.  Overinflate the footballs.  Switch Brady's cleats, he seemed to have difficulty yesterday with his footing.  If Gronkowski is playing, tie his shoelaces together, it should take him until halftime to undo the knots.

16 hours ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

In honor of the Senator13-7 baby! Lot's of room on the train alllll aboard! ?

Go Bills!!! :beer:

... Just having fun don't flame me. Nice to be on the other side of a blow out for once. Enjoy!

fify

I have always been a glass half full guy when it comes to Bills' playoff aspirations. Throughout the playoff drought, I would identify one game in the season, when I definitively said goodbye to any playoff aspirations. The only two instances where I had hopes going into the last game were the year we lost to the Steelers and, of course, last year. For this season, it was the Patriots game last week. I felt getting to 2-7 pretty much sealed our chances. 

But I am having second thoughts now. This appears to be a strange season for the Bills. While our SOS was high, all but one of those "tough" games are behind us. We face the Fins twice, the Jets again, the reeling Lions and Jags, and the Patriots. 8 wins looks very realistic folks without the Pats game. If I give us a 20% chance to win against the PATS (they likely would have clinched the division and wild card home court by week 16 and likely will not get a first round bye this year - so they may rest their starters), I could see us going 9-7 with 7 wins against AFC foes and the tie-breaker over the Titans. Obviously a lot of Ifs, but the steady defense and the weak schedule does appear to give us an outside chance. Just saying.

When all is said and done, I still think that stupid Houston game debacle is going to come and bite us in the foot .. but, maybe, just maybe, I jumped the gun a bit too soon in writing off P chances this season.

Flame away peeps.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 2

I definitely don't see it. I would love it because it would mean Allen/the offense are getting better. But realistically, even if Allen does improve, he's likely still going to have some ups and downs. And we have yet to see if Matt Barkley went a little rogue with pushing the ball down the field and if McDermott and Daboll want to rein that in or finally let the ball fly. 

• Like (+1) 1

ready to dismiss your thought as over exuberant gibberish i have settled down to the position that-  if they run the table they deserve to be in the hunt.   

Since the jets are abysmal they did not really prove much yesterday- but they did show some potential.  

2 minutes ago, jletha said:

Matt Barkley has 10 TDs and 18 int on his career, including yesterday. We played the Jets.

It is amazing how this board goes from scorched earth-fire everyone to "Here is how we make the playoffs"

Aint it the truth!

• Like (+1) 1

I was dead wrong about yesterday. they actually scored points, 41 points. I predicted 12 points and a loss, surprised the hell out of me and was pretty impressive to say the least.

now, you can say it was against a 3-6 jets team and not a true contender but division games can always go either way.

but, I see no chance they win 6 straight. 2-5 in the conference with 1 non (lions) conference game and 4 of which are left within the division and 1 (jags) conference game.

they can not to afford to lose even one of the conference/division games as I don't believe a 6-6 conference record gets them in? if they lost to the lions it wouldn't hurt their chances but they realistically would need a 7-5 conference record to get in so the worst they can go is 5-1 in the last 6, losing only to the lions?

personally, if they played like yesterday, contending, even if they lose some more games and don't make the post season it would still be entertaining at least if they were to continue to look as competitive as yesterday?

Edited by no name

32 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I have always been a glass half full guy when it comes to Bills' playoff aspirations. Throughout the playoff drought, I would identify one game in the season, when I definitively said goodbye to any playoff aspirations. The only two instances where I had hopes going into the last game were the year we lost to the Steelers and, of course, last year. For this season, it was the Patriots game last week. I felt getting to 2-7 pretty much sealed our chances. 

But I am having second thoughts now. This appears to be a strange season for the Bills. While our SOS was high, all but one of those "tough" games are behind us. We face the Fins twice, the Jets again, the reeling Lions and Jags, and the Patriots. 8 wins looks very realistic folks without the Pats game. If I give us a 20% chance to win against the PATS (they likely would have clinched the division and wild card home court by week 16 and likely will not get a first round bye this year - so they may rest their starters), I could see us going 9-7 with 7 wins against AFC foes and the tie-breaker over the Titans. Obviously a lot of Ifs, but the steady defense and the weak schedule does appear to give us an outside chance. Just saying.

When all is said and done, I still think that stupid Houston game debacle is going to come and bite us in the foot .. but, maybe, just maybe, I jumped the gun a bit too soon in writing off P chances this season.

Flame away peeps.

I would rather read your ambitious optimism then the constant emotional temper tantrums that get posted here; not a believer but hell would love for it to happen! Good post!

• Like (+1) 3

People want to talk about the board overreaction on Mondays after losses.

This may be worse.

They won a game, against a terrible Jets team who has quit on their coach. They played a QB who did not want to be on the field.

They are still the third worst team in the AFC and still hold a top 10 draft pick, but sure playoffs are a "real possibility"