Game Balls vs. the Jets

26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Milano is the dark horse here

...just plain Steady Eddie that shows up every Sunday.......doubted this kid because of size......open mouth and insert size 10 1/2............

Just now, Not at the table Karlos said:

Even benjamin?

Balls- everyone but benjamin. 

....."no bawls" vote...unanimous......

• Like (+1) 1

That's though everything was clicking today.  Foster coming of the PS and has over 100 yards was awesome. Zay Jones... Shady played great...the o line.  Barkley made plays...the defense was stellar.  Daboll needs credit for the offense.  Just a great game all around.  I know the jets arent great but this was an enjoyable game and thats what I'm gonna do..enjoy it

Edited by Skins Malone

1 hour ago, twoandfourteen said:

Wrong. 

It was the passing game that opened up things for the running backs. 

Barkley hitting Foster on the 1st play changed everything. Had the Jets on their heels from that point forward. 

When will people realize that running the football is the most ineffective way to move an offense? 

Exactly...... Spreading the field and completing passes is exactly the point......  

Again these dinosaurs have it backwards about the running game.  

Wow formations and passes we haven't seen in 9 previous weeks......

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oh man good point. He was so bad I literally forgot he existed.

But thankfully he was a limited bad ;)

I hope he he is limited more in 2 weeks like in not active 46 limited ;)

Lets sign another smurf off someones PS and get him ready for the Jags.

Foster and Barkley for me on the GB's.

2 consecutive games where the D held opponent to under 200yds of offense. I think it may actually put the defense in 1st place.  So at least an honorable mention to the boys on that side of the ball.

This is the 1st game all year that the offense actually looked competent for 4qtrs, so I get how everyone is excited there but the D has been balling all year and deserve the recognition.

When you get competent qb play it makes the rest of the unit look better. By being decisive with your reads and reacting your OL looks sturdier and the receivers have more space to work with, as do the runners who have lanes to run through. In this game the opposing defense couldn't stack up the line and congest the running lanes because the qb was throwing the ball down the field. Because of the greater confidence in the qb the OC can open up the play book more. I realize that it was still a limited book because but when you exhibit an ability to connect it uplifts the whole offense. 

The player I am very happy for is Zay Jones. He is really coming on. Now that he is playing well if one looks at our draft record for the two past drafts its looks very solid. The player who is the biggest revelation for me is Milano. He is becoming a ball hawk play makers. Another one of the new regime's draft picks. 

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Zay day. 

I tell you what I doubted Foster in the pre-season but having him and Isiah McKenzie on the field with a skill - ie. their speed, gave the offense a real boost today. 

Benjamin however remains hopeless. 

I missed the opening drive so I checked the highlights on BB.com. Had to rewatch Shady's run because I noticed a WR make a key block to set him free. It was Zay. ?