Bills vs. Jets Postgame and Bye Week News

26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Bomb on first play. Jet sweeps. Tackle eligible. Unbalanced lines. Max protection then go downfield. There were a lot of different plays.

They've ran all of that besides the unbalanced line stuff I believe. It was just usually they miss or opt to check down on the bomb, the jet sweeps are to Zay who is too slow to turn the corner. They injected a little more speed and got some decent QB play. That was all the difference in my opinion. 

I'll give you that they seemed a bit more aggressive, but it wasn't like watching a completely different offense in my opinion.

Buffalo Bills vs. New York Jets Live Score and Stats - November 11, 2018 Gametracker

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) Matt Barkley stunningly sparked Buffalo's bumbling offense with two touchdown passes, including one to offensive tackle Dion Dawkins. LeSean McCoy broke out of a season-long slump with 113 yards rushing and a pair of TD runs, and the Billsembarrassed the New York Jets 41-10 on Sunday.

Barkley made his first start in nearly two years, and looked the best of any of the four quarterbacks the Bills (3-7) have trotted out this season. The 28-year-old journeyman was 15 of 25 for 232 yards while helping Buffalo snap a four-game losing streak as the Bills put up 451 yards of total offense.

On CBS Sports HQ, Jay Feely catches up with Matt Barkley to break down the Bills dominating win over the Jets on the road.

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

They've ran all of that besides the unbalanced line stuff I believe. It was just usually they miss or opt to check down on the bomb, the jet sweeps are to Zay who is too slow to turn the corner. They injected a little more speed and got some decent QB play. That was all the difference in my opinion. 

I'll give you that they seemed a bit more aggressive, but it wasn't like watching a completely different offense in my opinion.

I didn't mean that they never did any of these things. But while most of the time when there are games like this I am one of the first to say the play-calling didn't change just the execution did, this game to me had a different feel the entire way, right from the start, mostly because of the infused speed, and partially due to the fact Clay was out and they only had two TEs.

But they went with 3-4 WR much more with quickness on the outside which created some openings in the middle of the secondary, much more jet sweeps and fake jet sweeps, more trickery, more max protect, and much more unpredictability. The tackle eligible was a great call.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I didn't mean that they never did any of these things. But while most of the time when there are games like this I am one of the first to say the play-calling didn't change just the execution did, this game to me had a different feel the entire way, right from the start, mostly because of the infused speed, and partially due to the fact Clay was out and they only had two TEs.

But they went with 3-4 WR much more with quickness on the outside which created some openings in the middle of the secondary, much more jet sweeps and fake jet sweeps, more trickery, more max protect, and much more unpredictability. The tackle eligible was a great call.

Agree... I do think it was a well called game, and when you're picking up first downs you can utilize the whole play book. 

I can't disagree with anything you're saying here. I think your spot on. I think I misunderstood your original point.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You're right, Barkley wasn't checking down to the third option. That's why the O looked different. Competent QB play, that's all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Seriously though... I could have told you in pre-season that this offense was lacking speed.  Glad he waited until week #10 to recognize that deficiency.  Glad to get the win to boost the morale of the locker room but C'mon Man.  MCD cannot be that dumb!  Can he?

• Like (+1) 1