Looking at beanes first draft...

Hebert19

If you recall last year wasnt really him.  I know his FA signings haven't exactly been top shelf but his draft looks pretty damm good so far.  

Allen.  Hes raw still but you got to love him arm and heart. 

Edmunds.  Also raw but athletic freak that gets better every week.  

Phillips. Very good rotational guy that will likely replace kyle next year. 

Johnson. Steal.  Looks fantastic.  

Neal.  Ok.  Maybe a miss there.  

Teller.  Well he looks pretty decent in his first start.  

I'd say thats a solid draft as of now. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

If you recall last year wasnt really him.  I know his FA signings haven't exactly been top shelf but his draft looks pretty damm good so far.  

Highly lIkely 5 starters.   Add to that 4 starters from last year.   That's 9 starters in two drafts.   Excellent.   And Beane has 10 picks next year. 

Trust the Process. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, John from Riverside said:

No edmunds last week and what happened says no

John - I promise you Taron is the best rookie on the team. 

Edmunds has been up and down, Allen the same when he was in, Phillips has been solid without being spectacular and Teller had a pretty nice debut today. 

Taron has been a top 10 nickel corner in the league as a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

Right now Taron Johnson is the best player on that list. 

I dont think so. You have no idea how hard it is for a 20 year old player to QB the defense and have them playing this well. Johnson has been great tho. Edmunds has been pretty damn good too tho.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

John - I promise you Taron is the best rookie on the team. 

Edmunds has been up and down, Allen the same when he was in, Phillips has been solid without being spectacular and Teller had a pretty nice debut today. 

Taron has been a top 10 nickel corner in the league as a rookie. 

Dont get me wrong.....I LOVE me some Taron

but he has also given up plays just like Edmunds....the difference is with no Edmunds the defense got torched by Chicago

I am really liking Beans draft......and the nice thing is Zay Jones appears to be coming along from the previous draft.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I dont think so. You have no idea how hard it is for a 20 year old player to QB the defense and have them playing this well. Johnson has been great tho. Edmunds has been pretty damn good too tho.

Who the fck cares!!! Johnson and Edmunds have both been great! Both bickering about nothing...

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Dont get me wrong.....I LOVE me some Taron

but he has also given up plays just like Edmunds....the difference is with no Edmunds the defense got torched by Chicago

I am really liking Beans draft......and the nice thing is Zay Jones appears to be coming along from the previous draft.

I don't think Edmunds has been that spectacular.... but obviously he is a lot better in coverage than Julian Stanford. 

25 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I have repeatedly pointed out how good this first draft the Beane looks right now, but all anyone wants to do is b*tch about the offense ignoring Beane was here for just one draft.

I think McD and Beane have us going in the right direction because the moves made were about the future, not this season.  This next offseason will be their defining year on proving that or not by focusing on the offensive rebuild in FA and draft.  

Just now, Alaska Darin said:

Picked in front of JuJu and Kamara.

Waaaait a minute

The object of the game is to find talent.....sometimes you dont draft the best talent to show you can identify talent you just find talent.

Are Juju and Kamara better?   Yes they are......but Zay was on the verge of being called a bust.....and is looking like he is finding his game......Dawkins was a day 1 starter