If McDermott doesn't start Barkley against Jacksonville he should be Fired

Kevin1778

3 hours ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

I LIKED THE ENERGY THE TEAM PLAYED WITH THE FEW WEEKS PERRY FEWELL HAD THEM, REALLY TURNED THINGS AROUND IN 2012?

I forgot that Fewell is Jalen Ramsey's current position coach...  ?

I just don't get why some of this amazingly football savvy community cannot understand that this year is about developing Josh Allen.  After the ill-fated first game, this season became one that if Josh is healthy, he starts.  There will be moments where we all want to look away; there will be moments where we will all be amazed by the athleticism and development.  Hopefully the last 5 games being amazed moments >>>>>> look away moments.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:18 AM, BB@Shooter said:

Allen doesn't look like a bust. He looks like the  2nd best rookie qb after Mayfield. The key word is rookie. Some people wouldn't know football if one hit them in the noggin.

Well like the referee in The Longest Yard some need the football to hit their brains to get attention.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/18/2018 at 6:05 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Mistake? If you thought Peterman was going to be a great QB as you were posting over and over, I question how you understand the game.  I'm not sold on Allen, but he certainly has a chance to be a good QB based on the skills he possesses.  Starting Barkley would be nonsensical as he's shown himself to be an interception prone limited backup QB who can play a good game from time to time.  He shouldn't start again and he won't because playing Allen is the right move for the future of the team as the youth movement has taken hold in earnest.  Time to get the kid as many snaps as possible for the remainder of the 2018 season with the vision on 2019 and beyond.  Matt FN Barkley?  No!

Barkley has a noodle arm- a good defense would of picked a few of those balls that were hung up far too long. That said, I wouldnt mind the Bills giving him a good look as a 2 or 3 next year. I certainly dont want Anderson back.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Barkley has a noodle arm- a good defense would of picked a few of those balls that were hung up far too long. That said, I wouldnt mind the Bills giving him a good look as a 2 or 3 next year. I certainly dont want Anderson back.

The Bills do need a backup QB.  Anderson has a better track record, more experience, and a better arm.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out in '19 with mentoring Allen as one of the factors to be considered. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They Bills do need a backup QB.  Anderson has a better track record, more experience, and a better arm.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out in '19 with mentoring Allen as one of the factors to be considered. 

Agree. IMO, it was a mistake to not have a veteran presence for Allen from the beginning. Water under the bridge now; however, definitely a good thing to have going forward.

• Like (+1) 3

On 11/30/2018 at 11:34 PM, Warcodered said:

Derek Anderson has been declared out I think so Barkley is the backup.

....Jesus, had to be one helluva wallop to still be in protocol......if I were him, I'd stay there and collect my weekly booty........just show up daily with a walker and dark glasses............

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Jesus, had to be one helluva wallop to still be in protocol......if I were him, I'd stay there and collect my weekly booty........just show up daily with a walker and dark glasses............

To be fair playing wasn't the main reason they brought him in.

50 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills do need a backup QB.  Anderson has a better track record, more experience, and a better arm.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out in '19 with mentoring Allen as one of the factors to be considered. 

I am ok with the backups we have on our roster.  could they be better?  sure.  But it is getting a little late in the season to bring in a new backup qb to learn the system and expect to be affective. (or is it effective.  I never know for sure.)

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

I am ok with the backups we have on our roster.  could they be better?  sure.  But it is getting a little late in the season to bring in a new backup qb to learn the system and expect to be affective. (or is it effective.  I never know for sure.)

Would you keep both Anderson and Barkley?

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Would you keep both Anderson and Barkley?

Yes for the remainder of the season.  I do believe that Anderson is a good mentor for Allen.

I would revisit the situation in the off season and see if the we have an opportunity to strengthen our backup qbs then.