If McDermott doesn't start Barkley against Jacksonville he should be Fired

Kevin1778

On 11/11/2018 at 3:26 PM, Kevin1778 said:

We have a quarterback folks. Sure the Jets are the worst team in the NFL right now but Barkley throws the ball down the field and is light years ahead of Allen. 

Barkley

Allen

Thomas (Emergency)

No need for Anderson or Peterman.

I would start Barkley.

just because he will get killed soon enough with this O line ( it was the jets people) and then Allen can come in. Natural progression

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I heard he should be fired of he does start him.

Who to trust?

trust no one. and certainly not me

On 11/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, no name said:

7584d9093a6300644b7ad05d303b5a08.490x276

well done.
 and I like your location. Takes me back in time.

should i give it away ?
 it would be easy to do

14 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I would ride the Barkley horse until when/if we lose a game.  Then if Allen is 100% heAlthy, put him back in.

i would ride the horse till he came up lame.

then i would shoot him. Because they shoot horses don't they ?
and then start Allen. and let him know, Buffalo Bill is willing to shoot a lame Horse

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 11/12/2018 at 2:26 PM, Rocky Landing said:

Why?

Is Barkley not a MUCH better vet to learn from than Peterman? Of course he is.

Was Allen benched in lieu of Barkly? No.

Does sitting behind a vet hurt Allen's development? No.

Does it help Allen's development? Many would argue yes.

There also seems to be this idea that this season is about one player, and one player only. It's not. To say it is is ludicrous. In fact, it sure wouldn't hurt this team to develop some of our WRs with some actual competent QB play-- Zay, Foster, Ray Ray, et al. Would they develop better behind Barkley, or Allen? The answer seems obvious.

I've made this argument many times on this site: You don't build a winning culture by losing. And, this team is capable of winning. Barkley proved that Sunday. Personally, I would much rather watch the Bills beat the Jags, than watch them lose to get Allen an opportunity to "develop." I think it's better for the team as a whole.

Ah the perfect post. Start the best players at each position, let them earn their job. Nothing's handed to you (or should be at least). What happens?? They learn to compete! They see their best efforts come to fruition! One thing hurts more than the other helps.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

No Josh Allen. Start Barkley for the rest of the season. If Barkley keeps leading the offense like this and consistently converts 3rd downs to first downs then we found our guy. That's better than getting the first pick in the draft.

:bag: You're as right about this as you were on Peterman. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm pretty confident that Allen is not the answer at Qb and we drafted the wrong guy, with that said, there is no way you start Barkley. 

We are building for the future.   This season is lost.  Barkley playing makes zero sense aside from filling in for an injured Qb they are hoping to develop. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

May I suggest, we develop Allen and WIN games as he shows his HOF potential on the road to greatness?

OK, too far? 

No we need to develop Allen and show him how to lose.. in every way possible. For as long as possible. And he'll be hungry to win when we are ready.. or majorly depressed he got drafted to "develop and lose"

Al Davis famously said "just lose baby!"

I get his point but.. clarify that sentence. Sounds like develop (long term) and lose (this year) are being conjoined into "develop and lose".. until fully developed? What until he's 30 like the rest of his draft class in their prime? Lol.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

21 hours ago, Figster said:

Do you consider Buffalo's O a good supporting cast? because I sure don't yet Barkley looked better in the passing game then any Bills QB I have seen over the last 3 years IMO. Good QB's can make average WR's look good and thats exactly what Barkley did vs Jets IMO. Albeit was just one game, but If you can do it once it can be done again in my humble opinion.

I'm curious to see If Barkley can sustain good play because he appears light years ahead of Allen operating the Daboll O. 

He was also going against a defense and team that has/had given up... so there’s that. They didn’t bring any pressure to Barkley. And he was still doing all the things his scouting report talks about... floating balls(2 almost picked), not stepping into his throws, etc. 

18 hours ago, jpschwartz said:

We need to develop Allen and lose games. If we had realistic playoff chances, then Barkley.

6 years well traveled doing NOT much, ONE good game and now he's our knight on the shiny white horse for the playoffs??.....this is some pretty good stuff I'll tell ya.............

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

6 years well traveled doing NOT much, ONE good game and now he's our knight on the shiny white horse for the playoffs??.....this is some pretty good stuff I'll tell ya.............

QB's take time to develop. Sometimes finding the right match between OC and QB takes time. Barkley has had a few 300 + games not to long ago. I'm not saying he's our knight in shining armor , but seeing an actual NFL passing attack that showed potential was a sight for sore eyes around these parts in my humble opinion.

Barkley played with less then two weeks time in the Daboll system leaving lots of room for growth and improvement IMO.

With all due respect my friend

Just now, Figster said:

QB's take time to develop. Sometimes finding the right match between OC and QB takes time. Barkley has had a few 300 + games not to long ago. I'm not saying he's our knight in shining armor , but seeing an actual NFL passing attack that showed potential was a sight for sore eyes around these parts in my humble opinion.

Barkley played with less then two weeks time in the Daboll system leaving lots of room for growth and improvement IMO.

With all due respect my friend

...you will ALWAYS have my respect......far, FAR too many variables to interject......drafted into the right environment or situation?....coaching?........offensive philosophy tailored to fit his strengths or force a round peg into a square hole?.....I have NOT chronicled his six years in the NFL by any means....could he be the next Rich Gannon finally finding his fit?....who knows, but ONE game is not the end all cure all judgment.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve flipped on this issue. My first reaction after the Jets game was to see Barkley start again. But assuming Allen is 100%, they do need to see him play in live action. See if he’s learned anything going forward.  Barkley will be here in case of injury and hopefully going forward into 2019.  

• Like (+1) 1